ALASKA !!!

Washington, Oregon, Idaho & Alaska

ALASKA !!!

Postby MariahSunset » Fri Mar 20, 2009 8:52 pm

My Husband and I are planning a trip to Alaska in Mid-June 09. We will be camping our way from Indiana...North. We only have a month so I hope we can do this. My question; when we reach Tok, Alaska we want to make a large loop, should we travel to Fairbanks then down to Anchorage or Anchorage to Fairbanks back to Tok? Reason I asked is we want to see Denali..and Mt. McKinley and some views are better traveling in a certain direction.
We took our Teardrop out to the Western States last year and had a grand time. Thanks!
2007 Camp-Inn 550 Ultra SUV #0183
MariahSunset
Teardrop Builder

Postby jkreas » Fri Mar 20, 2009 9:58 pm

I live in Alaska, I moved here from Washington Indiana back in 1998. I lived in Dutch Harbor when I first got here. Then moved to Wasilla where I met my beautiful wife. I then joined the US Coast Guard and I am now stationed in Kodiak.

Any way let me get back on track. To answer your question about which way from Tok. I personally like the drive from Anchorage to Fairbanks better. That is the way I would suggest going so you have plenty of time to go to Denali. How ever either way is a wonderfully majestic drive I know I fall in love with Alaska all over again ever time I see it.

I wish you and your hubby safe travels and who knows maybe we'll run into you in canada. I'm getting transfered to California. :shake hands:
jkreas
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Juneaudave » Fri Mar 20, 2009 10:03 pm

I also think the drive from Anchorage north has a better view of Denali...but you won't be disappointed either way!!! Have a wonderful visit and trip!!!
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Juneaudave
Super Duper Lifetime Member

Postby MariahSunset » Sat Mar 21, 2009 6:57 am

Thanks Guys! Anchorage to Fairbanks it will be :) Wow a Hoosier in Alaska, I been to Washington, IN several times. Did you drive from Indiana to Alaska? I'm thinking we will go up through Canada from North Dakota. I so appreciate all the info.
2007 Camp-Inn 550 Ultra SUV #0183
MariahSunset
Teardrop Builder

Postby jkreas » Sat Mar 21, 2009 11:47 am

I've never made that drive but my dad has a couple times. It sounds like it will be a lot of fun.
jkreas
Teardrop Inspector

Return to North West