Spring Fling and wierd stuff

Washington, Oregon, Idaho & Alaska

Spring Fling and wierd stuff

Postby dreadcptflint » Thu May 14, 2009 6:08 pm

My family and I have discovered that we have extra time to check out the local wierd sites. (Yes, I am one of those guys in search of the world's largest ball of twine.) There appears to be five sites with in a quick distance to check out in or near Chehalis:

RichArt's Art Yard-203 M Street,Centralia, WA

Yard Bird Statues-2100 N. National Ave,Chehalis, WA

Right-Wing Uncle Sam Billboard-Rush Rd.,Chehalis, WA

Auto Parts Man-1101 N. National Ave.,Chehalis, WA

World's Largest Egg-First St.,Winlock, WA

Anyone else going to check out the local strange sites or know of any that I am missing?
The quickest way to find me is on my business site. Yes, I do answer questions and provide quotes for free. Find me at: http://www.wenatcheefarmers.com
dreadcptflint
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby halfdome, Danny » Thu May 14, 2009 10:15 pm

The billboard is prominent along I-5 and Winlock is a nice little town west of I-5. Once we did a Volksmarch on egg day in Winlock and overheard one resident on his porch say " strangers in town" :lol: Maybe we will check out the other sites you mentioned on our Saturday outing. :D Danny
ImageImage
"Conditions are never just right. People who delay action until all factors are favorable do nothing". William Feather
Don't accept "It's Good Enough" build to the best of your abilities.
Teardroppers Of Oregon & WashingtonImage
halfdome, Danny
*Happy Camper

Postby robert johnson » Fri May 15, 2009 9:23 pm

I hope the steam train Chehilas is running and the weather is good. Also the best burger in Centralia is at the "Olympic Club" in down town. an old pool hall with tons of character, the place is just amazing. then there's always the "Country Cousins" resturant too. It'll be a fun weekend!

.....Bob
robert johnson
Teardrop Advisor

Postby Jack J » Sat May 16, 2009 8:08 am

We went to the Olympic Club last weekend for the first time. The place does have character. For something wierd to see, or maybe just to "stand" in awe, the mens restroom have the Rolls-Royce of porcelin urinals. Art Deco design at its finest.

looking for the odd things in life.
Jack
Jack J
Teardrop Advisor

Postby robert johnson » Sat May 16, 2009 9:26 am

OH YA thats right! I forgot about the urinals. I'm not exaggerating when I say they're as big as clawfoot bathtubs standing on end. and the biggest wood stove too. :lol:
robert johnson
Teardrop Advisor

Spring Fling

Postby Trudy/Rod » Sun May 17, 2009 10:17 am

The weather will be beautiful at SF this year! 55 trailers (mostly TDs), including 14 "newbies." Lots of new sights and sites to visit or sit around "Camp B" and relax. Yes, the steam train will be running and passes by Birleys so we can all wave as you go by. We'll have brochures on many of the places you mentioned, plus a paved bike trail, Vet's museum, county museum, antique and outlet mall, Olympic Club (restaurant, bar, theater, hotel), and other interesting local attractions. Actually, the TDs will be the attraction to several, who are planning to visit and see if they might like to built/buy one.

See you next weekend for a fantastic experience! Rod & Trudy
Trudy and Rod
Trudy/Rod
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Greg M » Sun May 17, 2009 5:47 pm

I was kinda hoping for rotten weather so I wouldn't feel like I was missing out by not being there :lol: Oh well, there's always next year. Hope you guys have a great time.

-Greg
Give a person a fish and you feed them for a day; teach a person to use the Internet and they won't bother you for weeks.
Greg M
*Geek Extraordinaire

Re: Spring Fling

Postby halfdome, Danny » Sun May 17, 2009 10:05 pm

Trudy/Rod wrote:The weather will be beautiful at SF this year! 55 trailers (mostly TDs), including 14 "newbies." Lots of new sights and sites to visit or sit around "Camp B" and relax. Yes, the steam train will be running and passes by Birleys so we can all wave as you go by. We'll have brochures on many of the places you mentioned, plus a paved bike trail, Vet's museum, county museum, antique and outlet mall, Olympic Club (restaurant, bar, theater, hotel), and other interesting local attractions. Actually, the TDs will be the attraction to several, who are planning to visit and see if they might like to built/buy one.

See you next weekend for a fantastic experience! Rod & Trudy

Know I know were bringing our bikes :thumbsup: . We did a Volksbike in the Adna area once and it was fun.

Greg, see if you can make it. :D Danny
ImageImage
"Conditions are never just right. People who delay action until all factors are favorable do nothing". William Feather
halfdome, Danny
*Happy Camper

Postby Greg M » Sun May 17, 2009 11:36 pm

Well,
We might be able to pop over briefly on Friday. We're going to Portland for a recumbent bike thing on the weekend, but I make no promises.

-Greg
Give a person a fish and you feed them for a day; teach a person to use the Internet and they won't bother you for weeks.
Greg M
*Geek Extraordinaire

Postby halfdome, Danny » Sun May 17, 2009 11:48 pm

Greg M wrote:Well,
We might be able to pop over briefly on Friday. We're going to Portland for a recumbent bike thing on the weekend, but I make no promises.

-Greg

Greg, Jane will follow me later in the day around dinner time (has to work) so if you could make it we would enjoy seeing you and meeting the misses. Got to persuade her on the teardropping thing :shhh: Danny
ImageImage
halfdome, Danny
*Happy Camper

Return to North West