State Park Camping near Sea Tac

Washington, Oregon, Idaho & Alaska

State Park Camping near Sea Tac

Postby SandyD » Tue May 25, 2010 11:24 am

Hello Northwest ~~

I'm a member of the St. Croix chapter in Minnesota and I will be traveling to Seattle to pick up my daughter returning from Japan after 4 years stationed there (Air Force). She will be coming into Sea Tac with her two dogs. My plan is to travel there with my teardrop, pick her and the dogs up, and return slowly back to Minnesota camping along the way.

My question is, do you have a recommendation for a nice State Park with electric that would be somewhat near the airport for probably a 2 or 3 night stay. I had looked at Saltwater State Park just because it's close to the airport but I've never camped in your wonderful state and looking at all the locations you have is overwhelming.

She's been away from the States for 4 years and I'd like her first few nights to be relaxing before we hit the road back to Minnesota. Any recommendation would be welcome.

Sandy
Sandy

It's the Little Things that Getcha !!
ImageImageImage
SandyD
Teardrop Master

Postby Jack J » Tue May 25, 2010 5:26 pm

Sandy,

Washington, as with other states has some beautiful campgrounds. Another state park to look at would be Dash Point State park. It is about 15 miles south of SeaTac airport. Probably a little less noisy too. Nice campground with easy hiking trails to the beach on Puget Sound. Close enough to Seattle or Tacoma for sight seeing if interested. Mt Rainier National Park is another park that offers campgrounds and views of the Cascade Mountian range and is 3 hour drive from Seattle. I could go on and on but save some parks for your next visit.
Depending on your timing, there are a few TD gatherings in the next few weeks. Spring Fling in Chehalis Wa this Memorial weekend. On Fathers day weekend, gatherings at Ocean Shores or one in Roslyn Wa (where Northern Exposure tv show was filmed). 4th of July in Carnation Wa is a nice TD gathering. So there is plenty to do and see in Washington, never enough time to see it all.

Enjoy your trip and the adventure home,

Jack
Jack J
Teardrop Advisor

Return to North West