Portland Rose Festval 2010

Washington, Oregon, Idaho & Alaska

Portland Rose Festval 2010

Postby Kayperkay » Sun Jun 06, 2010 9:51 pm

Hey, 8) Does anyone know of somewhere to camp in my teardrop while up in Portland enjoing the Rose Festival...? :worship:
Kay
Director Jefferson State Tearjerkers
Life is Devine Chaos....Embrace it...Forgive yourself......Breathe.....And enjoy the Ride...!!

Image Image Image
Kayperkay
The 300 Club

Postby Eunice » Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:14 am

Kay it is several miles out but there are nice places on the old highway going up the Columbia River. Kenny and I have camped there.
Eunice
former director
Jefferson State Chapter
TearJerkersImage
Eunice
Jefferson State Tearjerker

Postby DRYVEM » Mon Jun 07, 2010 2:22 pm

Champoeg State park is very nice also.

http://www.oregonstateparks.org/park_113.php
Barbara
Proud owner of a 2010 Martin Built Teardrop
DRYVEM
Lifetime member

Postby Kayperkay » Mon Jun 07, 2010 3:18 pm

Thanks you guys :applause: Eunice....Are you talking about Hwy 30...? I remember a State park by the name Crown Point or something...? I must also agree with DRYVEM regarding Champoeg....stayed ther almost 20 years ago :thumbsup: Isn't it south around Salem...?
Kay
Life is Devine Chaos....Embrace it...Forgive yourself......Breathe.....And enjoy the Ride...!!

Image Image Image
Kayperkay
The 300 Club

Postby DRYVEM » Mon Jun 07, 2010 7:09 pm

Kay, It is about 50 minutes from downtown Portland. A little farther than I thought. Ainsworth on the columbia is about 35 miles. There a a couple of RV parks in the PDX metro area if you are into that sort of thing. Maybe some PDX teardropper will let you park at their place! :thumbsup:
Barbara
Proud owner of a 2010 Martin Built Teardrop
DRYVEM
Lifetime member

Postby Oasis Maker » Mon Jun 07, 2010 7:46 pm

Kay, you are just our organic nature girl, aren't you? Got to know that early on with your postings. You do some very unique and cool things with your teardrop and sure as heck live in one beautiful part of the country.

Scott
Jeeping, Teardropping, and Cycling!......Where To Next?
Jeep Wave>> :peace: <<Jeep Wave
Oasis Maker
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Kayperkay » Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:22 pm

Thanks Scott 8) Guess what I'm doing this summer with my teardrop... :thinking: Well, after the Fathers Day gathering in Gold Beach Oregon, I'm hittin' the road on a 28 day journey thru California. I'm planning on going down the Eastern side along Lassen, Tahoe, Kings, Sequoia...down to the boarder where my mother was born(Barrett California)....then up hwy 1 all the way.....ending in Carlotta at the IRG-3 July 14th. How's that for the organic nature girl...? 8) 8) 8)
Kay

Image Image Image
Kayperkay
The 300 Club

Postby Oasis Maker » Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:30 pm

Kayperkay wrote:Thanks Scott 8) Guess what I'm doing this summer with my teardrop... :thinking: Well, after the Fathers Day gathering in Gold Beach Oregon, I'm hittin' the road on a 28 day journey thru California. I'm planning on going down the Eastern side along Lassen, Tahoe, Kings, Sequoia...down to the boarder where my mother was born(Barrett California)....then up hwy 1 all the way.....ending in Carlotta at the IRG-3 July 14th. How's that for the organic nature girl...? 8) 8) 8)

That's an awesome itinerary! Requesting pics is too limiting here, I request a full documentary of this venture so I can live it vicariously through you.

:applause: :applause:

Scott
Oasis Maker
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Kayperkay » Tue Jun 08, 2010 11:36 am

You're in luck... :applause: I'm bringing my digital video cam on this trip and should have some great videos to share with everyone. :thumbsup:
Kay

Image Image Image
Kayperkay
The 300 Club

Postby Oasis Maker » Tue Jun 08, 2010 2:05 pm

Kayperkay wrote:You're in luck... :applause: I'm bringing my digital video cam on this trip and should have some great videos to share with everyone. :thumbsup:

I'm in the market for a good video cam. One that would be best with a helmet mount or handlebar mount on my bike. Looking at GoPro or Flip. Just a great way to document and remember ocean view rides along highway one. What kind of video cam do you have?

(sorry to hijack your thread... PM me) :thumbsup:

Scott
Oasis Maker
1000 Club
1000 Club

Return to North West