Fort Stevens campout 2011

Washington, Oregon, Idaho & Alaska

Fort Stevens campout 2011

Postby mobile camper » Sun Oct 03, 2010 6:19 pm

We just went through Fort Stevens state park and checked out the camp sites. they look good for teardrop camping. :thumbsup:
I would like to see if anyone would be interested in a campout at the north Oregon coast in 2011. I will look at the calendar of events and plan around it.
Any and All feedback is welcome.

Steve G
mobile camper
Teardrop Master

Postby rainjer » Sun Oct 03, 2010 7:54 pm

Ft. Stevens is an awesome site. Keep in mind. Reservation need to be made way in advance. The campground fills up in the summer months.

Jeremy
rainjer
King Koleman

Postby Eric K » Mon Oct 04, 2010 12:40 am

By then my teardrop should be ready! July or September work best for me.

The beach is a short walk away, and there is lots of room for kites :D

Keep us posted.

Eric
Eric K
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Greg M » Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:45 am

If you plan it around the recumbent retreat in august then I can attend two events at once 8)

-Greg
Give a person a fish and you feed them for a day; teach a person to use the Internet and they won't bother you for weeks.
Greg M
*Geek Extraordinaire

Postby mobile camper » Sat Oct 09, 2010 9:00 pm

Just wanted to let people know that this campout is informal, we are camping and wanted to know if anyone else wanted to join in for fun in the sun at the Oregon coast, I hope next summer is better than this past pne was. The weekend of the recumbent retreat would be great because I enjoy bikes also :thumbsup: . I will check and see how early reservations can be made and post that information.

Steve G
mobile camper
Teardrop Master

Postby jdarkoregon » Sat Oct 09, 2010 10:46 pm

Keep planning and keep letting us know When it is and when we can reserve a site, Hopefully you can pull it off when there are no conflicts with other established gatherings

Sounds like a great plan, go for it

John
Innovation is essential
The world can be better
ImageImage
jdarkoregon
Donating Member

Postby Randy G » Sun Oct 10, 2010 11:17 pm

Fort Stevens is one of my favorates. Like some others already said it will take some planning cuz its a busy place; but I'd like to join in on the campout.
Rom. 8:28
Randy G
Teardrop Master

Postby mobile camper » Mon Oct 11, 2010 1:24 pm

Reservations can be made 9 months in advance. We plan on making reservations in November for the weekend of Aug 19-21 2011. We checked out the campsites and will try and get in loop N or O. We are trying to get site N29 this is close to the bathroom/showers. Most of the sites in loop N & O have room for tents for kids. I attached a link to the site map. The phone number is on the top of page one.
As soon as we make our reservations I will let eveyone know where we are. Hope to see a good turnout. :thumbsup:

http://www.oregonstateparks.org/images/pdf/stevens_full.pdf

Steve G
mobile camper
Teardrop Master

Postby traveler » Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:24 pm

Ebony and I should be back from Alaska :thinking: by then and would love to attend this gathering. :applause: We will be up there :snappy: from May 15th till we get home, I hope around the end of July.
will keep in touch. It is not too far from the house.
Why do anything unless it is fun with your teardrop
traveler
The 300 Club

Postby mobile camper » Thu Nov 11, 2010 3:12 pm

I just wanted everyone to know we will have to cancel :( :cry: the Fort Stevens campout. One of our annual campouts had to move dates and it is now August 12-14th. This will make 4 camping weekends in a row, :? Just a little too much.

Maybe next year.

Steve G
mobile camper
Teardrop Master

Postby Greg M » Thu Nov 18, 2010 9:45 pm

Bummer Mobile Camper :(

If anyone is still interested, registration for the Recumbent Retreat weekend (Aug 19, 20, 21) is now open. The crazy recumbent folk (that's me!) have all of loop C and most of loop D reserved. Who wants to have a gathering of the two tribes?

-Greg
Give a person a fish and you feed them for a day; teach a person to use the Internet and they won't bother you for weeks.
Greg M
*Geek Extraordinaire

Return to North West