Events? Washington 2006

Washington, Oregon, Idaho & Alaska

Events? Washington 2006

Postby rooster » Mon Aug 22, 2005 4:59 pm

I guess being in Alaska, I Belong to the Northwest group teardroppers.
Since I must travel a far distance, I would let to plan a trip to a rally in Washington or Oregon, 2006. It would be my first event. Possibiliy my maiden voyage too.

Jim, :worship:
Beware of what she wishes....especially with that twinkle in her eye and that mischievious smile....you know it's gonna cost....
rooster
Donating Member

Postby Rob » Mon Aug 22, 2005 7:11 pm

Rooster--
If you are interested in dropping into Oregon then northern California isn't much further. There will be one in late July-early August in the redwoods. 8) The exact date will be set in January. Dean isn't allowed to reserve the space until after the first of the year. :thumbdown: He's going to be waiting in line to do just that. :thumbsup:
Rob
Rob
:wine:

:peace:
Rob
500 Club

Events, Washington 2006

Postby rooster » Mon Aug 22, 2005 9:31 pm

Rob, Thanks for the info. From where I live, it's a 2500 mile drive to Tacoma, WA and the added mileage to Oregon and the to Calif. Gee, thoughs miles do add up, and that's only one way. But it sure sound like a fun trip to make. I"ll have to see how things stack up.

Jim, :thinking:
Beware of what she wishes....especially with that twinkle in her eye and that mischievious smile....you know it's gonna cost....
rooster
Donating Member

Postby catrinka » Tue Aug 23, 2005 8:59 pm

I'm not exactly in the northwest but if something was organized the weekend before the redwoods we could meet and then convoy down the coast to the redwood gathering. I could be out to the northern Washington area by Saturday night from Alberta. Just a thought.
catrinka
500 Club

Event in Washington 2006

Postby rooster » Sun Aug 28, 2005 5:09 pm

Cathy, You plan may be do able. I must give it some thought and consult a map or the Milepost. With gas going through the roof my curtail ones driving. My family caravaned to Cardston with some friends years ago. It would ba an adventure to do it again.

Jim, :applause:
rooster
Donating Member

Postby catrinka » Sun Aug 28, 2005 7:45 pm

We could maybe even meet in lower mainland BC and caravan from there. I'm very open to suggestions and we have all winter to plan!
catrinka
500 Club

Events, Washington 2006

Postby rooster » Wed Aug 31, 2005 2:24 am

Cathy, Sorry, it took so long to respond. I just installed the first aluminum side on my tear and it really looks great. The caravaning idea sounds like fun. As time get closer maybe we can do more planning.

Jim, :thinking:
rooster
Donating Member

Postby catrinka » Thu Sep 01, 2005 10:26 pm

Which way do you come down from Alaska? Where would be a good meeting area? I would like to travel down the Oregon coast. I went down that way in the late 70's and would like to do it again.
catrinka
500 Club

Events? Washington 206

Postby rooster » Fri Sep 02, 2005 9:35 pm

Cathy, Looking at my atlas, Kamloops looks like a likely spot to meet. I will drive Hwy 97 or Hwy 16 to Prince George then on down to Kamloops.
You will possibly go Hwy 16 until it meets Hwy 5. That's what I see on this map. You may have a better idea. I don't know the highway system in Canada very well. I drove the Al-Can back in 1999 and it was a nice drive. 8)

Jim,
rooster
Donating Member

Postby catrinka » Mon Sep 05, 2005 7:51 pm

Kamloops sounds like a good spot. That would be my first night out. I can do some research on campgrounds in the area.
catrinka
500 Club

Events-Washington 2006

Postby rooster » Wed Sep 07, 2005 1:38 am

Cathy, I'll let you check out the camp grounds in Kamloops. I'm guessing it will take me approx. 4 days travel to get there. I'll get a Milepost tomorrow so I can see what the miles will be. Do you have family in the states?

Jim.
rooster
Donating Member

Postby catrinka » Wed Sep 07, 2005 7:52 pm

No family in the states, just a desire to go travelling. I did a quick search last night on campgrounds. There are some parks between Clearwater and Kamloops that look interesting. I'll let you know what I find out.
catrinka
500 Club

Events-Washington 2006

Postby rooster » Fri Sep 09, 2005 1:51 am

Cathy,
Picked up a Milepost to day and spent the whole evening figuring out the distances. As I look on a larger map it would be nice to meet in Cashe Creek. If we meet in Kamloops then I won't have to retravel the same highway again.
What do you think? You pick the campground...

Jim
rooster
Donating Member

Postby catrinka » Sun Sep 11, 2005 10:37 am

I'm very flexible about where we meet. I'll have to check my map to see exactly where Cache Creek is. I hope after all this planning that I'm able to take holidays when I want.

Just went and looked on Mapquest. Going over to Cache Creek means missing the Coquihalla highway which is a much quicker way south. Its not as winding as the Fraser Valley. I've been through that way so many times that I would rather spend more time on the Oregon coast than interior BC but I'm not sure what your experience is. Just my first reaction.
catrinka
500 Club

Events, Washington 2006

Postby rooster » Mon Sep 12, 2005 7:57 pm

Cathy,
I've been over the Fraser Valley once before and it has a lot of winding curves. The Coquilhalla Hwy. sounds nice. Never been there.

Jim.
rooster
Donating Member

Next

Return to North West