Safest campgrounds for solo newb in WA?

Washington, Oregon, Idaho & Alaska

Re: Safest campgrounds for solo newb in WA?

Postby Nicolathecat » Sun Oct 27, 2013 2:10 am

gudmund wrote:I know this maybe of subject but "planning stages of buying a teardrop....." just a suggestion but check out http://www.teardropsnw.com in Salem, Ore. They used to just sell "brand" premade ones but now are only custom building their own trailers now per customer wants and needs. really like mine so far after a year and a half. Take care

LOL...this is who I am planning on getting my teardrop from...I am going down on Saturday to talk to them about options and designs. So excited. :thumbsup:
"An Zhi Fei Fu"
Who could have guessed it was a blessing in disguise?
-Chinese proverb

Nicolathecat
Teardrop Builder

Postby gudmund » Sun Oct 27, 2013 6:26 pm

alright!! they do a nice trailer and the more I see from them, I more I wish I had looked a little longer with all the new idea's and changes I see them doing with their trailers!! with that said, I still like mine the way it is - just a nice basic - nothing fancy trailer 4x8 small one - just me sized. weights about 800 empty 1200 loaded - have gotten 24+mpg for the 6600miles I've gone with it so far towing it with a 5 speed manuel 2000 Chev S-10 PU and it's "little" 2.2litre 4 cyl motor (this was one of those plain-Jane basic $9999 price leader pu's when a my friend of mine bought it new. It gets 25+/29mpg with no trailer.)
Enjoy the drive down, they are located west of I-5, exit 253 on the southwest edge of Salem. Once you get off at exit 253, keep to the right than turning right going west, move all the way over to the left going past the Wal-Mart and airport than turn left at the JackintheBox & K-mart stoplite, than south to the first stoplite turning right onto Mcgilcrist going west for a few more blocks to 19th st than left for a block or so turning left again on Devcor, They are located all the way at the end to the right. (Look for a sign or a teardrop trailer parked on the edge of Mcgilcrist at 19th - they sometimes have it parked there.) Take care and have a safe drive. T.Hoefer
gudmund
500 Club

Postby Nicolathecat » Sun Oct 27, 2013 9:03 pm

I love hearing from others who purchased from Teardrops NW, it really makes me feel good about my decision to go with them. I have been very impressed by how much work Bill has already put into tracking down a color for me.
"An Zhi Fei Fu"
Who could have guessed it was a blessing in disguise?
-Chinese proverb

Nicolathecat
Teardrop Builder

Postby gudmund » Mon Oct 28, 2013 7:57 pm

Bill and the sales manager Jon Holmguist seem to be real nice down to earth people. (Bill is a former "Washatoneyion" - he grow up in Mt.Vernon, Wash.) hope everything goes well T.Hoefer
gudmund
500 Club

Postby chiefb711 » Fri Sep 05, 2014 10:56 pm

Not sure if you're still looking for a campground, but I've had good luck camping at Middle Waddell Campground at Capitol State Forest in Olympia. I've also heard good things about Dosewallips State Park.

I am partial to camping near OHV trails as my wife and I both ride dirt bike/quads. Middle Waddell is our favorite because the camping is free and first come/first camp. Phone service is crap in both though.
chiefb711
Teardrop Advisor

Previous

Return to North West