Is there a 2014 list of NW gatherings anywhere?

Washington, Oregon, Idaho & Alaska

Is there a 2014 list of NW gatherings anywhere?

Postby Nicolathecat » Thu Nov 21, 2013 1:23 am

I am trying to get a jump on planning out my camping season (current plan is to have it be April-October) and want to make sure I plan for a few gatherings and a few independent trips. Thus far I have a memorial trip in April and the Dam Gathering in May. Would love to add a few more to my list... :D

Thanks!!
"An Zhi Fei Fu"
Who could have guessed it was a blessing in disguise?
-Chinese proverb

Nicolathecat
Teardrop Builder

Re: Is there a 2014 list of NW gatherings anywhere?

Postby S. Heisley » Thu Nov 21, 2013 7:59 pm

Hi, Nicola:

It's still a little early but we will start hearing things within the next month or so. While I have not seen a lot of specific dates yet, there have been postings and rumblings of about 9 near this area (I'm in Jefferson State...not Northwest), including the one you are already signed up for at the Dam Gathering. Some dates may not be scheduled or reserved until after the first of the new year; so, simply keep a good watch. In particular, every even-numbered year is the year of IRG. In 2012, that one sold out in 14 days. Once that one's dates are published, there will probably be a frenzy of dates finalized, based so as not to interfere with that one. I know Vedette (Brian), up in British Columbia wants to have a gathering and his will be scheduled before or after the IRG dates. For the BC one, you'll need a passport or passport card and it takes a few months to get one, if you don't already have one.

When the majority of dates are available, they will most likely be listed up in Destinations, at the top of the screen, under the pull-down called TD Friendly Websites, as they have been in past years, published by Grant Whipp of Lil' Bear. Check also on the TearJerkers website, which you can also get to through the TD Friendly Websites pull-down. If you aren't already a member, you may want to sign up for that. Your more local ones will most likely be listed first, in this section, where you have posted your inquiry.

I will enjoy meeting you at the Dam Gathering!

Update: I see that you have joined Tearjerkers! Kayperkay (Kay C.) has listed her Jefferson State planned gatherings and some of the dates for 2014; plus, Dean says that they will know the IRG dates after January 1st.) Again, keep a sharp lookout for any and all dates, as they will become finalized probably in the next 6 weeks or so.....
S. Heisley
Super Lifetime Member

Postby tkteardrop » Thu Nov 21, 2013 9:09 pm

These are two sites run by TOW (Teardroppers of Oregon & Washington)
Check them out and sign up. Hope we see you at an event. There is also a mid-winter potluck in WA and OR usually sometime in Febuary.
If you want to meet some of the teardroppers in your area.

http://www.teardroptrailers.org
http://www.teardroptrailers.org/towline ... tions.html
tkteardrop
Teardrop Builder

Postby Nicolathecat » Fri Nov 22, 2013 6:42 am

Thank you both so much...I really appreciate the info. :)
"An Zhi Fei Fu"
-Chinese proverb

Nicolathecat
Teardrop Builder

Postby gudmund » Sun Nov 24, 2013 9:57 pm

sorry to kind of change your subject here but I just have to ask? did you get your trailer deal done with Teardrops NW? and if so were you able to get everything you were hoping for with it? Take care T.Hoefer
gudmund
500 Club

Postby Mightydog » Wed Dec 04, 2013 7:33 pm

TKTeardrop--

Noticed the dog in your avatar.
What a noble beast. What kind is he?

Mightydog
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Nicolathecat » Wed Dec 04, 2013 9:55 pm

gudmund wrote:sorry to kind of change your subject here but I just have to ask? did you get your trailer deal done with Teardrops NW? and if so were you able to get everything you were hoping for with it? Take care T.Hoefer

It is not done yet, but yes my teardrop is being built by Teardrops NW. Thus far I am very happy with the options available and their willingness to customize it to suit our needs and wants.
"An Zhi Fei Fu"
-Chinese proverb

Nicolathecat
Teardrop Builder

Postby Vedette » Wed Dec 04, 2013 10:33 pm

Glad to see your enthusiasm is still with planning your 2014 camping season! :thumbsup:
And yes we are all eager to meet you in May. :applause:
Get your passport! Because we want you to come to Canada for our Gathering that will "probably" be the week before the IRG. Then we can caravan to the IRG.
Keep us posted on your TD.
Good Roads
Brian & Sandi
Good Roads
Brian & Sandi
Here is a link to my Build Journal
viewtopic.php?f=50&t=50912
Image109106109111109110138766
Vedette
Silver Donating Member

Postby gudmund » Thu Dec 05, 2013 1:33 am

Passport???? enhanced driver's license worked just fine enroute to your place in Aug, Brian. (it's a lot easier getting into Canada than getting back home to the states) Took me 24min at licensing office - birth certificate, SS card, etc than a new license in less than two weeks or so. $15.00 extra over the 5year license fee (5year license was $25 but now is $40 + the $15 here in Washington state) Brian, any word on where the IRG is to be held this coming year?? It does move around, place to place each year doesn't it??? Nicola, glad to hear you got your trailer ordered and hope you will be happy with it like I am with mine!!!! Their just a GREAT hobby and some much fun just planning trips and thinking up future improvements to do to them!!! (if you ever come up on one that says "Wunderin' Aimlessly" on it - it's me)
gudmund
500 Club

Postby Vedette » Thu Dec 05, 2013 3:17 am

Hi Ted
I have never been.....but I believe the IRG is always held at the same campground, Apparently that is the hold up in setting the date.
It is a government campground I think??
We are all waiting for the big announcement Jan. 2nd. :)
Are you going to try to get there?
Good Roads
Brian & Sandi
PS
How are you enjoying this cold snap?
Good Roads
Brian & Sandi
Vedette
Silver Donating Member

Postby gudmund » Thu Dec 05, 2013 1:42 pm

doing the same as Nicola here, trying to get the early line on the Teardrop dates for 2014 so I can plan ahead and get the time slots for vacation at work. Need them by the end of February and being I am one of the "OLD has been's" there, I for the most part can get what I ask for due to seniority as long as I get the info in by the time they set up the vacation roster for the year at the end of February. Interesting idea, moving on down the road after the get-together at your place sounds interesting and fun!! (just as long as you take it easy on us little 4cyl's, so we can keep up with you faster ones-"we could have us a CONVOY") We had a low of -4 Canadian/24 US this morning here-NO snow yet, they are saying maybe this weekend, has been very dry so far but the moisture is heading this way along with even colder temps.
gudmund
500 Club

Postby byrdz1 » Fri Dec 06, 2013 2:45 am

Hey there, TOWLine and teardroptrailers.org editor here. I will update the 2014 calendar before the end of the month. The next TOWline will come out as soon as I bug the potluck hosts into giving me a date :)
Just Remember, no matter where you go... there you are
byrdz1
Donating Member

Postby Nicolathecat » Fri Dec 06, 2013 3:54 am

Awesome!!! Thanks for letting us know.
"An Zhi Fei Fu"
-Chinese proverb

Nicolathecat
Teardrop Builder

Postby Vedette » Sat Dec 07, 2013 12:13 am

byrdz1 wrote:Hey there, TOWLine and teardroptrailers.org editor here. I will update the 2014 calendar before the end of the month. The next TOWline will come out as soon as I bug the potluck hosts into giving me a date :)

This is wonderful news!
Have been waiting with baited breath for the next issue of TOWline!
Good Roads
Brian & Sandi
Good Roads
Brian & Sandi
Vedette
Silver Donating Member

Postby mikeschn » Sat Dec 07, 2013 5:36 am

Hi Nicola and everyone else here...

Grant maintains a list of gatherings... You can see it under TD Friendly Websites --> Destinations...

Hopefully he gets the 2014 stuff added to the list soon!

Hope that helps...

Mike...
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Next

Return to North West