22nd Dam Gathering of the Tears, Apr. 30 - May 3, 2015

Washington, Oregon, Idaho & Alaska

22nd Dam Gathering of the Tears, Apr. 30 - May 3, 2015

Postby grant whipp » Tue Aug 26, 2014 11:04 pm

22nd Dam Gathering of the Tears, Apr. 30 - May 3, 2015 !!!

We've just wrapped up negotiations with the NEW Management at Antlers RV Park & Campgrounds, and it's all good ... :thumbsup: ...! We were anticipating a raise in the rates, but were thrilled to learn that the RV sites will remain at $15.00 per night per trailer ... and the rate for the tent sites actually went down to $11.00 per night per trailer ... :applause: ...! We will still be able to put multiple trailers on the sites that can accommodate two or more (which are most of them), so nothing has really changed, there (depending on the site, though, they may choose to put a limit on how many you can try to squeeze in ... ;) ...).

The biggest change is the best! ... the new management is actually the Antlers Resort & Marina that has always been just across the way from the campgrounds, and they are far more professional and better staffed (which means you will actually hear back from them when you call or e-mail for reservations!). AND, our fabulous campgrounds host and wrangler, Marty, will still be there to make sure things keep running smoothly and that the grounds are as clean and ready for us as they can be!

So, if you've been itching to get an early start on your 2015 camping season reservations, and want to put the Dam Gathering at-or-near the top of your list, you can start now! Details below:

April 30 thru May 3, 2015 Lakehead, CALIFORNIA
The Jefferson State Chapter of TearJerkers' 22nd Dam Gathering of the Tears at Antlers RV Park & Campgrounds ... the oldest and longest-running teardrop gathering in the world! Our great times with great people and great trailers (all are welcome!) just keeps rollin’ along! No registration, but you can make reservations through Antlers (now under new management!) - [email protected] or 1-800-238-3924 - or, as always, just show up (there’s plenty of room!). Pinewood Gravity Races, Potlucks & Campfires all nights, and all the fun we’re known for ... just come on out, socialize, and have FUN! The rates are $15.00 per nite per trailer for sites with electricity & water, and $11.00 per nite per trailer for the tent sites. More info from [email protected] or by calling 530-242-6452

We're All looking forward to sharing another Dam Good Time with all our old, new, and yet-to-be-made camping friends! See ya there!

CHEERS!
Last edited by grant whipp on Mon Mar 09, 2015 12:28 am, edited 2 times in total.
Celebrating Retirement after over 32 Years of Building, Promoting, Supporting, Supplying, Living the Lifestyle, and Loving Teardrop Trailers!
"Life Moves a Little Slower When You're On Teardrop Time"
The nature of Life, itself, is change ... "Those who matter, don't mind, and those who mind, don't matter."
grant whipp
Teardrop Manufacturer

Re: 22nd Dam Gathering of the Tears, Apr. 30 - May 3, 2015 !

Postby halfdome, Danny » Wed Oct 22, 2014 5:39 pm

Antlers called me today wanting to confirm my penciled in reservation for 3 campsites for us North West teardroppers.
She wanted $30 per site for a registration fee??? for 3 days.
Since May is 7 months away, and things may change, I turned her down and cancelled the ones I was holding.
We always pay our way when we camp, so don't understand why they want money up front 7 months away.
We figure we'll take our chances to find a site at Antlers and pay when we arrive.
Here's a thought... maybe a few of us can camp closer to home in May (no host) in a Oregon or Washington state campground and save a pile of gas money $> .
We have said before, we travel so far from the same area to camp together at Antlers :FNP .
:D Danny
ImageImage
"Conditions are never just right. People who delay action until all factors are favorable do nothing". William Feather
Don't accept "It's Good Enough" build to the best of your abilities.
Teardroppers Of Oregon & WashingtonImage
halfdome, Danny
*Happy Camper

Postby Racquetman » Wed Oct 22, 2014 11:22 pm

Hey Danny, let me know if you decide to go that way, it is a long drive!
Racquetman
Teardrop Master

Postby Vedette » Sat Oct 25, 2014 10:18 pm

So What is the status?
Danny, are you saying the want $30.00 per night?
or $30.00 for the weekend?
I know they pi..ed Roly off when we were there on our way to the IRG.
But I thought Grant had things worked out with them????
Good Roads
Brian & Sandi
Good Roads
Brian & Sandi
Here is a link to my Build Journal
viewtopic.php?f=50&t=50912
Image109106109111109110138766
Vedette
Silver Donating Member

Postby halfdome, Danny » Sat Oct 25, 2014 11:59 pm

Vedette wrote:So What is the status?
Danny, are you saying the want $30.00 per night?
or $30.00 for the weekend?
I know they pi..ed Roly off when we were there on our way to the IRG.
But I thought Grant had things worked out with them????
Good Roads
Brian & Sandi

Brian, it's just like I said in my original post & it doesn't coincide with the information Grant provided.
She called it a registration fee for the days of the Dam Gathering.
I didn't get it and neither did Jane (ruffled our feathers so to speak) so we cancelled everything.
Maybe their hurting for money in the off season, I don't know, but it's not a problem for us now.
We're not sure yet what we will do, but have plenty of time to figure it out.
ImageImage
"Conditions are never just right. People who delay action until all factors are favorable do nothing". William Feather
halfdome, Danny
*Happy Camper

Postby Vedette » Sun Oct 26, 2014 12:28 am

We were not impressed with the new management and their attitude the last time we were there........But, we do enjoy the event.
We went thru the same thing this past year, with a Campground we had used for a Street Rod event we had hosted in that same venue for the past 23 years!
Greedy campground operators caused the cancellation of our 32nd annual Blossom Run. And now we are in the process of booking another facility in a different town after losing a year! :x
Look forward to seeing you guys somewhere down the road next camping season.
Good Roads
Brian & Sandi
Good Roads
Brian & Sandi
Vedette
Silver Donating Member

Postby dano » Sun Oct 26, 2014 7:54 am

Just thought Id jump in if you don't mind. I called two days ago. Made my reservations for the 22and. She was nice and after I said it was for the Dam teardrop gathering she said we get a discount. 11 a night with two people. Extra at the gate for dogs and more than two.
Dan
[email protected]
Morgan Hill Ca.
dano
Donating Member

Postby gudmund » Wed Oct 29, 2014 4:15 pm

I paid $25 to confirm a reserved spot (site X6) that they said would be applied toward the $11/$15 per nite Dam Gathering charge when we get there. They also said it was 1/2 refundable if I canceled 45 days before the gathering.
gudmund
500 Club

Postby cdfnchico » Wed Oct 29, 2014 5:25 pm

dano wrote: She was nice and after I said it was for the Dam teardrop gathering she said we get a discount. 11 a night with two people. Extra at the gate for dogs and more than two.
Dan

I had a similar experience. They called last week and when I called them back today they quoted the $11/rate for the site I had chosen and asked for a $25 deposit to be applied to the total when we get there. The difference in deposits was for tent site vs rv. Worth it to us cos we want a specific spot or we'd just show up and pay when we got there. Frankly, when we went "Unofficial" and started making our own reservations last year, I was surprised they didn't ask for a deposit to hold specific spots.

Change is always painful while you figure things out!
Cathy
Build thread - Just Chillin'
http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?t=25151

cdfnchico
Donating Member

Postby halfdome, Danny » Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:02 pm

First it was $30 now $25 to register at Antlers?
Someone needs to make up their minds on what to charge.
Looks like we'll be camping in our area during the Dam Gathering.
Reserve America only charges $8, not 50% for a cancellation fee.
ImageImage
halfdome, Danny
*Happy Camper

Re: 22nd Dam Gathering of the Tears, Apr. 30 - May 3, 2015

Postby Lambertdarr » Sat Jan 24, 2015 11:50 am

Is there any meat to this rumor of a Washington location for spring kickoff? I would really like to see other teardrops and get some travel ideas before the big sabbatical starting in May but can't make it all the way down to California

Thanks
Darrell
Lambertdarr
Teardrop Builder

Postby Vedette » Sat Jan 24, 2015 2:41 pm

Lambertdarr wrote:Is there any meat to this rumor of a Washington location for spring kickoff? I would really like to see other teardrops and get some travel ideas before the big sabbatical starting in May but can't make it all the way down to California

Thanks
Darrell

Hi Darrell
Where are you?
When and where would think you might like to start.
If you are in the PNW, we would love to have you as an official Tear Jerkers member and on our Membership Roster so we can keep you informed, as to what is happening up here.
Please contact me.
Good Roads
Brian & Sandi
Good Roads
Brian & Sandi
Vedette
Silver Donating Member

Postby Lambertdarr » Sat Jan 24, 2015 11:59 pm

I am in the PNW I live in Seattle. My Teardrop is still under construction little over Month 3 of the build. I am hoping to have it road worthy by March!!! Fingers crossed, I would sign up but I really don't know much about it
Lambertdarr
Teardrop Builder

Postby halfdome, Danny » Sun Jan 25, 2015 11:45 am

T.O.W. (Teardroppers Of Oregon & Washington) is having their annual Pot Luck (Lick?) at the Old Country Buffet in Federal Way February 7TH.
Come and join us and meet and greet fellow teardroppers and listen to this years gathering information, including the Dam Gathering.
Bring along some pictures of your build to share if you wish.
Hope to see you there.
ImageImage
halfdome, Danny
*Happy Camper

Postby Vedette » Sun Jan 25, 2015 12:45 pm

See Darrell
Ask and ye shall receive! :thumbsup:
Thanks Danny! My next step was to send Darrell over to the T.O.W. site, but was not sure how close he really was.
Marrianne has a very comprehensive Events schedule in the TOWline. :applause:

Glad to here you are excited about finishing your new TD and getting out there camping early in the season.
But the season starts a little later for those of us on this side of the Mountain as it is a little cool in March.
Even if you are not considering a trip down to the Dam, you might want to think about camping with us (meeting up) on the trip down...Wenatchee?? Yakima?? Goldendale?? Madras??.........Lets talk!!. :thinking:
Others are already in for this.
Good Roads
Brian & Sandi
Good Roads
Brian & Sandi
Vedette
Silver Donating Member

Next

Return to North West