Free Plastic Laminate for Your Galley Top

Washington, Oregon, Idaho & Alaska

Free Plastic Laminate for Your Galley Top

Postby halfdome, Danny » Wed Dec 21, 2005 10:20 pm

:thumbsup: Occasionally I have p-lam ( Formica, Wilsonart , Nevamar ) scraps that would cover a Galley top on a 4' or 5' wide Teardrop. If your not too particular on the color send me a private message and we could meet somewhere in the South Hill/Puyallup area.. It is free for the taking. I can give you the mfr. number and color so you could check the color on their website to see if it’s to your liking. This offer is only for Teardropers that are close to the Puyallup/Tacoma/Seattle Washington area. I will not ship. I reserve the right to revoke this offer at any time. :D
ImageImage
"Conditions are never just right. People who delay action until all factors are favorable do nothing". William Feather
Don't accept "It's Good Enough" build to the best of your abilities.
Teardroppers Of Oregon & WashingtonImage
halfdome, Danny
*Happy Camper

Postby bledsoe3 » Thu Dec 22, 2005 12:14 am

HD, nice of you to offer up countertop material to fellow teardroppers. It's a bit far for me (Portland) but there are builders in the area that may be interested. :thumbsup:
If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always got.
bledsoe3
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby halfdome, Danny » Thu Dec 22, 2005 12:21 am

Hi Bedsoe3, My stepson will be visiting over the holidays and he lives in Bingen Wa across the river from Hood River. I could ask him to leave a chunk on his front porch if that's not too far, that is if he is willing.
ImageImage
"Conditions are never just right. People who delay action until all factors are favorable do nothing". William Feather
halfdome, Danny
*Happy Camper

Postby bledsoe3 » Thu Dec 22, 2005 1:12 am

HD, Thanks for the offer. Hood River is over an hour from me. For the small piece I'll need I'll just get it from a big box store (only 5 minutes). Again, thanks for the offer.
If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always got.
bledsoe3
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby Nitetimes » Fri Dec 23, 2005 2:34 am

I could meet you somewhere around... oh, I dunno, say North Dakota.
8) 8)
That's mighty nice of ya tho.
Rich

ImageImage
-
The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to
keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves
against tyranny in government.
- Thomas Jefferson -
Personally, I carry a gun because I'm too young to die and too old to take a butt kickin'.
Nitetimes
7000 Club
7000 Club

Postby halfdome, Danny » Fri Dec 23, 2005 10:06 am

Night Times, Thanks, I can't see throwing something good away when it could be used by someone who has the ambitions to build a teardrop trailer. This forum has been a great help to me :applause: and this is my little way of returning the favor. Danny
ImageImage
halfdome, Danny
*Happy Camper

Postby halfdome, Danny » Tue May 09, 2006 5:50 pm

Any of you Randal Spring Fling attendees :relaxing: need some scrap p-lam for your tear? I have a few free pieces that I could bring to Randal. Don't want to haul it if no one is interested. 8) Danny
ImageImage
halfdome, Danny
*Happy Camper

Postby AmyH » Tue May 09, 2006 6:08 pm

Danny, I would love to get a hold of one of those marvelous scraps!! :thumbsup: I am more than willing to drive your way to get it, so let me know if something is available. I plan to do cherry cabinets in the galley with a metal banded counter edge (sort of retro). So...if you have anything left over that you think would work well, let me know. And thanks for putting that offer out there, ya gotta love teardroppers! :applause:

Amy
Amy
"...follow humbly whereever and to whatever abyss Nature leads, or else you shall learn nothing." T.H. Huxley

Photo Log
Camping Trips with the Tear
AmyH
*The 300 Club

Postby halfdome, Danny » Tue May 09, 2006 8:35 pm

AmyH wrote:Danny, I would love to get a hold of one of those marvelous scraps!! :thumbsup: I am more than willing to drive your way to get it, so let me know if something is available. I plan to do cherry cabinets in the galley with a metal banded counter edge (sort of retro). So...if you have anything left over that you think would work well, let me know. And thanks for putting that offer out there, ya gotta love teardroppers! :applause:

Amy

Amy, I have some scraps of Cardboard Solidz approx 30"x 49". If you type that in a search it will come up, anyway it did at Google. The sample is lighter than what the actual color is. It looks like a light yellow to me with a textured look like cardboard has but is a flat finish. You could always go to a big box store to see a chip. It could go well with natural or stained Cherry. It's a Formica product. Let me know and I can meet you @ the Fred Meyer store on South Hill. I don't like to keep too much scrap and sometimes I just chop it up for trash. 8) Danny
ImageImage
halfdome, Danny
*Happy Camper

Postby AmyH » Wed May 10, 2006 10:53 am

Danny, that lam looks pretty cool! I was thinking that it wouldn't work for me at first, since my galley counter is going to be about 58 1/2" wide X around 16" deep, but then I figured that I could do it with one seam, behind where the stove/oven will be. So Yea, I'll definitely come get it! Maybe you can give me a tip or two on how to make a good seam, so it won't be too noticeable. Is there a good time to meet up with you to get it? I am planning to come to the Spring Fling on Sunday, but if you would like to get rid of it sooner than that, I can make time this weekend to get it.

Amy :)
Amy
"...follow humbly whereever and to whatever abyss Nature leads, or else you shall learn nothing." T.H. Huxley

Photo Log
Camping Trips with the Tear
AmyH
*The 300 Club

Return to North West