Aluminum "T" Molding in Washington & Oregon

Washington, Oregon, Idaho & Alaska

Aluminum "T" Molding in Washington & Oregon

Postby halfdome, Danny » Mon Feb 20, 2006 7:39 pm

I purchased some beautiful mill finished tapered "T" molding for my doors today from T&A Supply :thumbsup: . This item is hard to find locally and Ed of Ed's Custom Cabinets gave me the info. I paid $13.73 plus tax for each 12 ft length. Ed said that it will bend pretty easy with some massaging with a leather mallet. Item Description: Hatch Tee 1" x 12'. T&A SUPPLY COMPANY 6807 S. 216th St Building A Kent, WA ( just off West Valley Hwy) 98032 253-872-3682 1-800-562-2857 fax 253-872-3687 www.tasupply.com They have stores in Oregon too
ImageImage
"Conditions are never just right. People who delay action until all factors are favorable do nothing". William Feather
Don't accept "It's Good Enough" build to the best of your abilities.
Teardroppers Of Oregon & WashingtonImage
halfdome, Danny
*Happy Camper

Re: Aluminum "T" Molding in Washington & Orego

Postby Walt Burville » Wed Mar 08, 2006 8:33 pm

Hi Halfdome.

Thanks for the tip. I checked the website and they have a store in Tacoma. Was Kent closer for you? I was looking for a cross section of the tapered "T" moulding. What's a tapered "T" vs a non-tapered one? How are you going to use a "T" on your doors? I thought the trim was done with a couple pieces of L, one in, and one out, with a strap filling the gap. All of this is new to me.

Thanks for the photos on your site. I've gone through them.

I'm just starting, dreaming, and trying to get a sense of direction on a camper design. I've got several on paper.

Walt B

halfdome wrote:I purchased some beautiful mill finished tapered "T" molding for my doors today from T&A Supply :thumbsup: . This item is hard to find locally and Ed of Ed's Custom Cabinets gave me the info. I paid $13.73 plus tax for each 12 ft length. Ed said that it will bend pretty easy with some massaging with a leather mallet. Item Description: Hatch Tee 1" x 12'. T&A SUPPLY COMPANY 6807 S. 216th St Building A Kent, WA ( just off West Valley Hwy) 98032 253-872-3682 1-800-562-2857 fax 253-872-3687 www.tasupply.com They have stores in Oregon too
Last edited by Walt Burville on Wed Mar 08, 2006 8:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Walt Burville
Teardrop Inspector

Postby AmyH » Wed Mar 08, 2006 8:34 pm

Wow, thanks for the heads up. :thumbsup: I was wondering where to find that stuff around here. Thanks a ton Halfdome! :applause:

Amy
Amy
"...follow humbly whereever and to whatever abyss Nature leads, or else you shall learn nothing." T.H. Huxley

Photo Log
Camping Trips with the Tear
AmyH
*The 300 Club

Postby Walt Burville » Wed Mar 08, 2006 8:47 pm

Ok, Halfdome. I looked at the photos again and I see how you are using the "T" moulding.

Pretty nice cabinetry. Your profession. Looks good. What material are you using for the interior? Are you using filon for the exterior?

wb
Walt Burville
Teardrop Inspector

Postby halfdome, Danny » Thu Mar 09, 2006 12:26 am

Amy, glad to help. You will need to aneal it if you do any bends. My corners are 4" so it has little wrinkles there but once the door is installed it's not that noticeable.

Wd, My interior is Red Oak with Baltic Birch ceiling. It took a lot of sorting through Cross Cut's pile to find a clean sheet of BB. The exterior is .040 aluminum with the Gorilla scratches and all.

Walt B, at first it's all a little confusing but the leg of the tee molding is attached with screws on the wood edge of the doors. The top of the tee becomes part of the face of the door trimming it out and giving a lip for the wheather strip. Mc Lendons has better prices and selection on aluminum trim over Home Depot. Tacoma would have been closer but Ed only mentioned the Kent store. Danny
ImageImage
"Conditions are never just right. People who delay action until all factors are favorable do nothing". William Feather
Don't accept "It's Good Enough" build to the best of your abilities.
Teardroppers Of Oregon & WashingtonImage
halfdome, Danny
*Happy Camper

Return to North West