North West Spring Fling... Who is going?

Washington, Oregon, Idaho & Alaska

Postby Toms_Strat » Fri May 26, 2006 10:46 am

Gretchen,

We will be heading out this afternoon. Weather will be fine (what's a few sprinkles?) Besides, I gotta see another of Ed's creations! Get on the road!!! :) :)

Tom
We can not change the direction of the wind, only alter our sails accordingly.
Toms_Strat
Teardrop Advisor

Postby halfdome, Danny » Sun May 28, 2006 6:37 pm

Jane & I left a day early due to the almost constant rain. I rained so much Saturday night there was a little pond close to our tear with little yellow plastic duckies swimming around. We had a terrific time meeting and getting to know as many Teardropers as time and weather would permit. I think Trudy said 42 rigs showed up in all. I need to devise a way to divert the water coming off the 1" overhang on my hurricane hinge. When opened I get a tiny trickle that over time floods the galley floor. Rod & Trudy Put on a terrific Spring Fling and we will go again if it's not raining :applause: . :D Danny & Jane

PS We really appreciated all the wonderful help from Marty, Grant, and all the other guys when we were getting the gear loaded in the rain. What great new friends we have!
Last edited by halfdome, Danny on Sun May 28, 2006 9:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
"Conditions are never just right. People who delay action until all factors are favorable do nothing". William Feather
Don't accept "It's Good Enough" build to the best of your abilities.
Teardroppers Of Oregon & WashingtonImage
halfdome, Danny
*Happy Camper

Postby pgwilli » Sun May 28, 2006 7:11 pm

Norma and I back home early too. I washed the mud off "the girls" and the gear drying out in the garage.
Despite the challenging weather we had a geat time.

Rod and Trudy Glassett really made all us newbies welcome. And likewise, when we decided to bail out early there was no end to the help to push our loaded teardrop across the meadow and down the path to where i could hitch up.

I noticed the ducks in the pond near your tear were bobbing upside down.

My Hunter has the hinge overhang, but some water found its way in along the edge of the hinge cover and down into the galley. The knowledgable builders at the Fling gave me some advise for a fix so next year I'll be ready - hopefully it won't be needed!
Paul, Norma & the Girls
2014 Escape 21
2006 Chevy Trailblazer
pgwilli
Lifetime member

Postby 240zron » Mon May 29, 2006 11:51 pm

Sounds like there was a great turn out. I hope to make it next year. I wanted to stop by this weekend and get some pics and info. But couldn't make it.

I did get alot done on my weekender on Sat, So all was good. I just added some pics to my album.
Take care,
Ron Potts
Member team Genesis USA
240zron
Teardrop Advisor

Postby DRYVEM » Tue May 30, 2006 11:08 am

We also came home early, but it was already planned. A big thanks to the Glassetts for putting on such a fun event. We made lots of new friends. A big thanks to our neighbors Paul and Norma, who loaned us a nice shelter to keep us dry.

Martin & Barbara
Barbara
Proud owner of a 2010 Martin Built Teardrop
DRYVEM
Lifetime member

I didn't get a chance to peek into the Camp Inn

Postby Michael Rodriguez » Tue May 30, 2006 11:39 pm

When I saw you guys driving away, I realized I hadn't got chance to check out your trailer. Oh well, next time I hope. We didn't have any where near as many people checking out trailers this year as we have had in the past. Due to the rain I would bet. TTYL

Michael
Michael Rodriguez
Teardrop Inspector

Previous

Return to North West