North West Spring Fling... Who is going?

Washington, Oregon, Idaho & Alaska

Postby jayray » Wed Mar 08, 2006 11:36 pm

:thumbsup: Thanx for the posts. Hope that we can make some of these events. :applause:
"Bacon fat is pure liquid love" Emeril Legasse
jayray
Teardrop Inspector

SPRING FLING

Postby Trudy/Rod » Fri Mar 24, 2006 12:33 am

Thanks to all of you who have inquired about Spring Fling! Number 8 will be held in Randle, WA, May 26-29th, 2006, at Cascade Peaks RV Campground. Perhaps if you have questions, you might like to contact US, since we are the hosts (not that we have ALL the answers, but we can try). The destinations page is a bit outdated, so some information has changed. We'd be glad to e-mail a registration form to you, if you are interested in participating. We welcome visitors, but Sat. is the day many of us go to the big swap meet in Packwood and we would not be available to visit with you. Sunday would be the best day to check out the teardrops and other vintage trailers. Rod and Trudy [email protected]
Trudy and Rod
Trudy/Rod
Teardrop Inspector

Fire us off on of them registrations things...

Postby Glennanderson1 » Wed Apr 05, 2006 10:47 pm

We are still looking forward to going to Spring Fling, our first event, or outing with our TD. Better send us a registration so we don't miss out!

Glenn & Laurie!!

Thanks
Glenn Anderson
Glennanderson1
Teardrop Builder

Re: Fire us off on of them registrations things...

Postby Mike B » Thu Apr 06, 2006 8:24 am

Glennanderson1 wrote:Better send us a registration so we don't miss out!

Glenn & Laurie!!

You'll have to email Trudy at the above email address, so she can email the form back to you.

Mike
Hayden Lake, ID
Mike
Hayden Lake, ID
Mike B
500 Club

Postby halfdome, Danny » Thu Apr 06, 2006 8:45 am

Jane & I are regestered for Saturday & Sunday.This will be our first TD outing. :D Danny
Last edited by halfdome, Danny on Fri May 12, 2006 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
"Conditions are never just right. People who delay action until all factors are favorable do nothing". William Feather
Don't accept "It's Good Enough" build to the best of your abilities.
Teardroppers Of Oregon & WashingtonImage
halfdome, Danny
*Happy Camper

Postby apratt » Fri May 12, 2006 12:46 pm

Just made my reservation to go camping at Cascade peaks campground this Memorial weekend. Hope to see you all there. :thumbs up1: :thumbs up1: :Flippin Burger:
Arthur,

ASL spoken here
apratt
Gold Donating Member

Postby pgwilli » Fri May 12, 2006 2:12 pm

Whoo Hoo!!! :applause:

As of April 23 "we have 40 trailers and more registrations are still coming in!" - from Trudy.
Looking forward to meeting you all (and a break from work!)
Paul, Norma & the Girls
2014 Escape 21
2006 Chevy Trailblazer
pgwilli
Lifetime member

We registered too!

Postby Glennanderson1 » Fri May 12, 2006 7:21 pm

Thanks to Trudy for reminding me that I had burried my registration on my desk. My wife filled it all out and all I had to do was mail it.... Thanks again for the reminder.
I wonder if TD's are ever completely done? I know mine won't be, but we are going any way, we will see how much I get done in the next couple weekends.

Not a clue as to what to bring???? Any ideas??

Glenn & Laurie
Glenn Anderson
Glennanderson1
Teardrop Builder

Postby TRDRPR » Sat May 13, 2006 9:28 pm

Glenn,

We usually have a Dutch oven dinner one night and a potluck dinner the other. Bring something to share for the potluck and something to cook in your Dutch oven or a dessert to share if you don't have a DO. Be sure to bring along chairs so you can visit. There's a pancake breakfast and huuuuge swap meet in Packwood so bring some cash.

I'd also bring along a tarp or EZ-up since the weather is pretty iffy this time of year. Last year was beautiful but you never know. Two years ago we swam from trailer to trailer.

Look forward to meeting you.

Gretchen
TRDRPR
Teardrop Advisor

Postby grant whipp » Sat May 13, 2006 9:53 pm

I heard this vicious rumor at the Dam Gathering last weekend that there's a notorious rapscallion from FarNorCal who's seriously considering the long trip up to the Spring Fling. He's also quite well known for letting last minute crisis' interfere with his plans, so don't be too surprised if he doesn't show. You'll know if he DOES make it, though, as he'll be the one wandering around with the empty coffe mug, plate, & silverware!

I CAN confirm the other rampant rumor about this individual - he actually DOES have a teardrop of his very own, and one that is NOT for sale (I heard him turn down at least four offers to buy it while at the Dam Gathering)!

Keep your eyes peeled, up there, but I gotta warn ya ... you'll probably want to have a good pair of shades handy ... ;-} ;-} ...!

CHEERS!

Grant
Celebrating Retirement after over 32 Years of Building, Promoting, Supporting, Supplying, Living the Lifestyle, and Loving Teardrop Trailers!
"Life Moves a Little Slower When You're On Teardrop Time"
The nature of Life, itself, is change ... "Those who matter, don't mind, and those who mind, don't matter."
grant whipp
Teardrop Manufacturer

Duch Oven>>>. Is one better that another?

Postby Glennanderson1 » Sat May 13, 2006 10:40 pm

I found two places her in town that sells duch ovens. Is one as god as the other?

Not sure what you cook in a duch oven, I will assign this task to my wife.

Pot luck.... We do pot luck goooood.

Swap Meet, this will be our first Memorial Day weekend in Packwood but we have been going on Labor Day for many years now.

We will watch the sales for the next couple weeks for an e-z up, been going to get one anyway.

Thanks!!!
Glenn Anderson
Glennanderson1
Teardrop Builder

Postby pgwilli » Sat May 13, 2006 11:04 pm

Hi Glenn,
Check out this site http://tinyurl.com/our9x.
Lots of good info on DOs and what to cook in 'em.
Paul, Norma & the Girls
2014 Escape 21
2006 Chevy Trailblazer
pgwilli
Lifetime member

Cool site

Postby Glennanderson1 » Sat May 13, 2006 11:28 pm

I sent the link to my wife for meal planning.

Do you cook over Coals or gas stove?
Glenn Anderson
Glennanderson1
Teardrop Builder

Postby pgwilli » Sun May 14, 2006 9:53 am

We usually don't have a fire going long enough for coals when we start cooking, so we use charcoal bricquets. Its easier to gauge the temp and not get too hot with charcoal.
When we have dessert later on, we use coals from the fire.
Paul, Norma & the Girls
2014 Escape 21
2006 Chevy Trailblazer
pgwilli
Lifetime member

Re: Duch Oven>>>. Is one better that another?

Postby Mike B » Sun May 14, 2006 10:45 am

Glennanderson1 wrote:I found two places her in town that sells duch ovens. Is one as god as the other?

Not sure what you cook in a duch oven, I will assign this task to my wife.

Pot luck.... We do pot luck goooood.

Swap Meet, this will be our first Memorial Day weekend in Packwood but we have been going on Labor Day for many years now.

We will watch the sales for the next couple weeks for an e-z up, been going to get one anyway.

Thanks!!!

All you have to look out for in dutch ovens is cracks, possible thin spots and making sure the lid fits well. The trick is to season the pot well before you use it.

You can cook just about anything in a DO. Yesterday at our local Dutch Oven Gathering in Hauser Lake, ID, we had cherry double chocolate cake, sourdough dinner rolls, beef stroganoff, beef stew, apple pie, pork chalupas, baked ham with squash and pineapple and much more.

Harbor Freight has EZ-Ups on sale. A 10'x10' normally sells for 94.95 and they have it for 79.99. But watch for problems, I had to take two back, as they were damaged in shipment. The third one is great and was very useful yesterday.

Note that Harbor Freight also has those chinese Dutch ovens on sale for 12.99.

See you at the Spring Fling.

Mike
Hayden Lake, ID
http://www.blogicalthoughts.com/
Mike
Hayden Lake, ID
Mike B
500 Club

PreviousNext

Return to North West