Washington Vehicle Inspection Delays

Washington, Oregon, Idaho & Alaska

Washington Vehicle Inspection Delays

Postby halfdome, Danny » Tue Mar 14, 2006 5:50 pm

I was already to get a one day pass to get my teardrop inspected at the Washington State Patrol when the agency clerk told me all inspections are by phone appointment only. It seems that the Peoples Republic of Washington has a two month backlog at the Tacoma office unless you make an appointment in another county and then it may be 3 weeks. :x :x :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :x :x A guy in line showed me his appointment card and he has been waiting 2 months. I found out the hard way maybe someone else will make an appointment well in advance so they aren’t disappointed like I am. Danny
ImageImage
"Conditions are never just right. People who delay action until all factors are favorable do nothing". William Feather
Don't accept "It's Good Enough" build to the best of your abilities.
Teardroppers Of Oregon & WashingtonImage
halfdome, Danny
*Happy Camper

Postby AmyH » Tue Mar 14, 2006 7:34 pm

Sheesh, I didn't think it would end up being that difficult. That bites! :x Now I am going to have to figure out when I think I will need to get it inspected, and then get on the stupid waiting list! Argh!! Thanks for the heads up,

Amy
Amy
"...follow humbly whereever and to whatever abyss Nature leads, or else you shall learn nothing." T.H. Huxley

Photo Log
Camping Trips with the Tear
AmyH
*The 300 Club

Postby robert johnson » Tue Mar 14, 2006 8:46 pm

Halfdome, I have heard other horror stories about the Tacoma office. I know its a drive but try Centraila or Morton, I've heard good things about them. come to the potluck any how!! ...............Bob
robert johnson
Teardrop Advisor

Postby halfdome, Danny » Tue Mar 14, 2006 9:50 pm

I would do a day drive just to get it done this week. My inspection appointment is April 18th so tomorrow I'm going to do some scouting around different offices in other counties. All my highway lights work but I still have wires hanging in the cabin and are not hooked up to a box or battery. I would hope that would not put an inspector in a snit :grouch day1: . Morton is off the beaten path I'll call them first thing tomorrow :worship: . I'm going to the pot luck anyway. Danny
ImageImage
"Conditions are never just right. People who delay action until all factors are favorable do nothing". William Feather
Don't accept "It's Good Enough" build to the best of your abilities.
Teardroppers Of Oregon & WashingtonImage
halfdome, Danny
*Happy Camper

Postby Mike B » Wed Mar 15, 2006 10:47 am

Come over to Spokane. I don't think they have delays like that. Better yet, move to Idaho and you won't have any delays at all. :R

Mike
Hayden Lake, ID
Mike
Hayden Lake, ID
Mike B
500 Club

Return to North West