Looking for parts in all the wrong places...

Washington, Oregon, Idaho & Alaska

Looking for parts in all the wrong places...

Postby rainjer » Fri Mar 17, 2006 9:53 pm

Hello fellow Northwesterners. I a starting to build my first teardrop trainler. I live it the Everett area. I was wondering if you guy have any good places itn the area for parts. I have hit Paulsbo & Clearview RV & a few other places.
The things I am looking for locally are:
Windows
5-7 Gallon water tank
12 volt electrical parts
Fuse block. (Blade type)
Galley Hinge (besides a piano hinge.)
Moldings

I hate to order stuff online & pay as much for shipping as the product.

If you are looking for other part & haven't found them, ask, I have been doing a lot of looking.
rainjer
King Koleman

Postby Gage » Fri Mar 17, 2006 11:45 pm

Well, you have the Teardrop Fix-it Shop in Victor, MT. Just make a list of what you need, call George and then take a nice relaxfull weekend and go get your parts. :thinking:

Have a good day.

8)
Image Image Image
Remember 'Teardrop Time'.......Take your time, you don't have to have it finished NOW.
Gage
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby rainjer » Sat Mar 18, 2006 12:07 am

Gage wrote:[b][i][color=darkblue]Well, you have the Teardrop Fix-it Shop in Victor, MT. Just make a list of what you need, call George and then take a nice relaxfull weekend and go get your parts.

I could just take the train to Missoula, rent a car in Missoula, drive to Victor, spent the night in Missoula & ride the train home. :thinking: :twisted: Now how do I sell it to my wife? :thinking:
rainjer
King Koleman

Postby PaulC » Sat Mar 18, 2006 1:44 am

Get her involved. You have an inbuilt interior decorator right at your fingertips :D
Cheers
Paul :thumbsup:
Time is the only real capital we have. Money you can replace but time you cannot.
PaulC
3rd Teardrop Club

Postby rainjer » Sat Mar 18, 2006 1:58 am

She has made it very clear it is my trailer & my project.
rainjer
King Koleman

Postby Gage » Sat Mar 18, 2006 3:15 am

Just ask her if she would like to get away from the rat race for a weekend and take a little train ride. And while your at your destination, talk her into a ride up to Victor just for the heck of it and maybe lunch. Then while there you might as well stop be George's and pick up your parts. But be quick. ;)

Have a good day.

8)
Wait until it starts taking shape. If she likes camping, she'll like the tear. My wife had the same feelings toward me when I started. I just kept asking her to come take a look and let me know what she thought.
Image Image Image
Remember 'Teardrop Time'.......Take your time, you don't have to have it finished NOW.
Gage
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby PaulC » Sat Mar 18, 2006 6:37 pm

Gage said:
Wait until it starts taking shape. If she likes camping, she'll like the tear. My wife had the same feelings toward me when I started. I just kept asking her to come take a look and let me know what she thought.

That's what I did and she is the one hassling me about the next one.
Cheers
Time is the only real capital we have. Money you can replace but time you cannot.
PaulC
3rd Teardrop Club

Postby halfdome, Danny » Sat Mar 18, 2006 10:40 pm

Rainjer, Check out www.tasupply.com for door tee molding they have several stores in Washington. Check out http://www.bluesea.com/dept.asp?d_id=7463&l1=7463 for a great fuse block they have dealers also in Washington. www.freewaytrailer.com in Fife sells stabilizer jacks, fenders etc. I hope that helps, Danny :D
ImageImage
"Conditions are never just right. People who delay action until all factors are favorable do nothing". William Feather
Don't accept "It's Good Enough" build to the best of your abilities.
Teardroppers Of Oregon & WashingtonImage
halfdome, Danny
*Happy Camper

Postby rainjer » Sun Mar 19, 2006 2:04 am

The T-molding & & L-molding is not an issue If I use them. I work for an Aerospace company. We have some 6061-0 L extrusion they are going to sell to me at scrap rate, $0.65 a pound. I also do some computer work for a flooring store I used to work for. I can get the same T molding T&A has at cost. Iwas looking more for the molding they use on the newer RV's that have the plastic insert.
rainjer
King Koleman

Postby PaulC » Sun Mar 19, 2006 5:19 am

rainjer wrote:The T-molding & & L-molding is not an issue If I use them. I work for an Aerospace company. We have some 6061-0 L extrusion they are going to sell to me at scrap rate, $0.65 a pound. I also do some computer work for a flooring store I used to work for. I can get the same T molding T&A has at cost. Iwas looking more for the molding they use on the newer RV's that have the plastic insert.

Speak to Madjack, That's the type of moulding he has used.
Cheers
PaulC
3rd Teardrop Club

Postby madjack » Sun Mar 19, 2006 9:10 am

rain, we used that type of molding on the AT....it was really cheap. However, the shipping tripled the price...we found the same stuff at a couple of local RV places but it was painted, to get them to order unpainted we would have to buy a box full which is 10, 16' long pieces...due to cost of shipping, I may buy the painted and have it beadblasted or find one of the online suppliers who will cut it into 8'lengths so it can be shipped UPS...the would require a joint with an 16" long piece to finish it out but the shipping costs would be 10 bucks instead of 250 bucks
madjack 8)
...I have come to believe that, conflict resolution, through violence, is never acceptable.....................mj
madjack
Site Admin

Postby halfdome, Danny » Sun Mar 19, 2006 11:59 am

Insert molding is available at almost any local RV supply camper parts store. It's available at an RV supply store along with "J" molding on Mountain Highway Hwy 7. I don't remember the name or address but it's about 5 miles after (Spanaway WA) the Roy "Y" on the way to Mt Rainier on the left side. The guy wants $36 for a 16' strip and 23 cents a foot for the vynal insert. It's also available at a lot cheaper price from Interstate Metals, Manhatten Oregon in the Portalnd area.
ImageImage
"Conditions are never just right. People who delay action until all factors are favorable do nothing". William Feather
Don't accept "It's Good Enough" build to the best of your abilities.
Teardroppers Of Oregon & WashingtonImage
halfdome, Danny
*Happy Camper

Postby rainjer » Sun Mar 19, 2006 12:11 pm

My part shopping day may be over... :twisted:

My aunt has an old Wineebago that was wrecked. She is scrapping it out. She said I can have all of the part I want for free.

I am thinking: :thinking:
Windows
Sink
Water pump
Power converter
Fuse/breaker box
Water & power inlet boxes.

I will have to run up to Stanwood to look at it this week.
:thumbsup:
rainjer
King Koleman

Postby Gage » Sun Mar 19, 2006 5:39 pm

Go for it. Grab everything that you think might work and then just for the hell of it, if you have room, take all the other little goodies that you have room for. You never know. :thinking: But by no means, store them in the living room when you get home. :lol:

Have a good day.

8)
Image Image Image
Gage
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby Katie&Craig » Thu Mar 23, 2006 12:38 am

If you are still looking for windows you might try Singleton's RV Salvage & Supply. It is in Rochester, south of Olympia - not terribly close to Everett, but it might be worth the trip.

http://www.olywa.net/singletonsrv/

I went there last week hoping to make some decisions on windows but instead just got more ideas (and design changes). They do have a very large selection of windows, as well as a lot of other parts (most of which I had no clue as to there use, but I am sure someone does). They do all the salvaging for you, so they are not as dirt cheap as some salvage places, but they are cheaper then new (of course, some need some TLC which may make buying new more appealing). Good luck in your parts search and be sure to post any good finds - we are hoping to start building in May, so will need to start buying soon!

Katie
Katie&Craig
Teardrop Advisor

Next

Return to North West