Oregon gatherings?

Washington, Oregon, Idaho & Alaska

Oregon gatherings?

Postby archer59y » Mon Mar 20, 2006 12:07 am

Just finished our 2nd teardrop (sold the first one) and would like to find out about Oregon gatherings. When is the Champoeg gathering and who can we contact for information.

The new tear is another small one, under 300 pounds (empty). We will be towing it with our Miata. I will try to get some pics posted.

Thanks.

Bob & Lanita
Bob H

"All our present problems are the result of previous solutions.
archer59y
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Gage » Mon Mar 20, 2006 12:43 am

Try this link Bob.

http://www.teardrops.net/destinations01.html

Have a good day.
8)
Image Image Image
Remember 'Teardrop Time'.......Take your time, you don't have to have it finished NOW.
Gage
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby PaulC » Mon Mar 20, 2006 1:16 am

Hi Bob & Lanita, Welcome to the forum. Regardless of what Madjack says in other posts, he's the one that will be asking for the main payment for being a member. 8) No money need change hands. I hope that's got you thinking.
Cheers
Paul :thumbsup:
Time is the only real capital we have. Money you can replace but time you cannot.
PaulC
3rd Teardrop Club

Postby madjack » Mon Mar 20, 2006 1:34 am

well howdy to the B&L Express and welcome to the board...doanno what Paul is thinking about since we don't turn down cash in small denominations wrapped in brown paper. However, the only currency needed to participate here are pictures and advice...and we want some pics of those 300# tears...something I am sure many here would just luv to see since we just luv da pics and many are obsessed with lightweight building techniques...enjoy and show us da pics :D :lol: ;)
madjack 8)
...I have come to believe that, conflict resolution, through violence, is never acceptable.....................mj
madjack
Site Admin

Postby mikeschn » Mon Mar 20, 2006 6:06 am

Did the guard just change again? :?

Bob & Lanita, Welcome to the forum. I'd like to see what you are going to pull with your Miata. Got a pic? Madjack luvs dem pics! :o :lol:

Mike...

PaulC wrote:Hi Bob & Lanita, Welcome to the forum. Regardless of what Madjack says in other posts, he's the one that will be asking for the main payment for being a member. 8) No money need change hands. I hope that's got you thinking.
Cheers
Paul :thumbsup:
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby Mike B » Mon Mar 20, 2006 10:25 am

Bob & Lanita,

Welcome to the forum. I hope you pick up lots of good info here. I know I do.

When you look for teardrop gatherings to go to, don't neglect the ones in Washington and California. The two I always go to are the Dam Gathering in Northern California and the Spring Fling in Southern Washington. Highly recommended.

Mike
Hayden Lake, ID
Last edited by Mike B on Tue Mar 21, 2006 10:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mike
Hayden Lake, ID
Mike B
500 Club

Re: Oregon gatherings?

Postby grant whipp » Mon Mar 20, 2006 10:52 pm

archer59y wrote:... When is the Champoeg gathering and who can we contact for information?

Thanks.

Bob & Lanita

Hi, Bob & Lanita!

It's not the Champoeg Gathering any more .. it's the Great Beaver State Teardrop Campout (9th, this year), it's now at Lane County Park (I think) between Eugene and Florence, and it's in mid-August.

Like Gage said, you can find the listing and contact info at www.teardrops.net/destinations01.html

Think about the Dam Gathering in May, too - woud love to meet you and see your ultralight teadrop!

'Til later ...

CHEERS!

Grant
Celebrating Retirement after over 32 Years of Building, Promoting, Supporting, Supplying, Living the Lifestyle, and Loving Teardrop Trailers!
"Life Moves a Little Slower When You're On Teardrop Time"
The nature of Life, itself, is change ... "Those who matter, don't mind, and those who mind, don't matter."
grant whipp
Teardrop Manufacturer

Postby JunkMan » Wed Mar 22, 2006 6:21 pm

Grant Whipp wrote: It's not the Champoeg Gathering any more .. it's the Great Beaver State Teardrop Campout (9th, this year), it's now at Lane County Park (I think) between Eugene and Florence, and it's in mid-August.

We're thinking about hitting that one. Wanted to do the Redwoods, but the timing was wrong. Is it a very large meet? There isn't much information on the web site.
Jeff & Odie
Black Hills of South Dakota
JunkMan
500 Club

Postby grant whipp » Sun Mar 26, 2006 12:13 am

JunkMan wrote:We're thinking about hitting that one. Wanted to do the Redwoods, but the timing was wrong. Is it a very large meet? There isn't much information on the web site.

I think it drew 13-15 trailers last year(?), when it was in September and the dates conflicted with another NW gathering. Room for lots more, and with the move into August, much less chance for rain (which really isn't a concern at that park, with it's huge covered area). Really good group of folks, too!

I'd be there this year, but the dates conflict with Speed Week on the Salt Flats in Utah (don't think the car will be ready to run, but we can run it through tech and see what they don't like up to this point ... which we hope isn't much!).

CHEERS!

Grant
Celebrating Retirement after over 32 Years of Building, Promoting, Supporting, Supplying, Living the Lifestyle, and Loving Teardrop Trailers!
"Life Moves a Little Slower When You're On Teardrop Time"
The nature of Life, itself, is change ... "Those who matter, don't mind, and those who mind, don't matter."
grant whipp
Teardrop Manufacturer

Return to North West