Boeing Surplus

Washington, Oregon, Idaho & Alaska

Boeing Surplus

Postby robert johnson » Sat Apr 22, 2006 5:14 pm

Hey all you builders out there in the Seattle/Tacoma/ area, I was just at Boeing Surplus and they have lots of aluminum sheet in stock. some of it is good enough for mill finish outer skin. 4X8 or mabey 4X10 .032 were $32.00 , can't beat that!! ...............Bob :thumbsup:
robert johnson
Teardrop Advisor

Postby 240zron » Wed Apr 26, 2006 10:09 pm

Robert,
Thanks for the tip. I haven't been there for years, Do they still have a big metal and aluminum selection?

I'm just now getting the frame finished, And planing on building the the trailer from the benroy plans. Looks pretty easy, And They have great free plans.
Take care,
Ron Potts
Member team Genesis USA
240zron
Teardrop Advisor

Postby halfdome, Danny » Wed Apr 26, 2006 10:16 pm

Boeing Surplus is like Costco. Better get it today or it might not be there tomorrow. I saw a tear that had Boeing in red letters all over the outer aluminun skin. Not my style. :D Danny
ImageImage
"Conditions are never just right. People who delay action until all factors are favorable do nothing". William Feather
Don't accept "It's Good Enough" build to the best of your abilities.
Teardroppers Of Oregon & WashingtonImage
halfdome, Danny
*Happy Camper

Postby robert johnson » Thu Apr 27, 2006 10:15 pm

well 240, Halfdome is right, you never know whats going to be there, But, as of Saturday they had lots of the.032 and they didn't reopen the store till yesterday. the metal is in the racks on the right hand side as you go out to the yard. as far as the lettering, it usually comes off with MEK or lacquer thinner, no scrubbing needed. .............Bob
robert johnson
Teardrop Advisor

Postby 240zron » Fri Apr 28, 2006 12:41 am

I think i'm going to try and get there Sat. I hope. I've been wanting to get back there and have a look for a few years, Now I have a excuse. :)

Thanks for the info.
Take care,
Ron Potts
Member team Genesis USA
240zron
Teardrop Advisor

Return to North West