Spring Fling (FLOOD)

Washington, Oregon, Idaho & Alaska

Spring Fling (FLOOD)

Postby tearsoffun » Mon May 29, 2006 7:31 pm

Spring Flood 2006 has ended on Mudmorial Day.. No desrespect meant at all to our service people in the armed forces..In fact, on Sunday night many folks joined in the singing of patriotic songs and it was a very moving entertainment that Trudy and Rod had planned. They always do a great job and they worked hard in the rain all weekend,from early morning until late at night!! But..!! Now as I sit here, the sun is coming in my window and that is the first of sun that we have seen since last Wednesday. The time at Spring Fling (Flood) was spent drying out things and yet the TEARDROP mode was there in full force. You can't hardly get mad in a teardrop!! We had alot of fun the whole weekend..The Packwood swap meet was not as crowded as other years but still, you could just feel the Memorial Day spirit and the onions and hamburgers barbequeing made you so hungry. We had a record number of teardrops,vintage trailers and 2 T@B's. Trudy will be giving the count later. Dutch oven cooking at the potlucks on Saturday and Sunday nights were the usual... devine cooking.!! The summer season now has officially started and so heres to everyone's good camping times!! Just tryin' to matter....... T.
HE gave us this fun, let's preserve it!!!
tearsoffun
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Michael Rodriguez » Tue May 30, 2006 11:30 pm

I also enjoyed Spring Fling/Flood 06. Found some good finds at the swap meet. Got most of my trailer converted over to LED and even got a battery hooked up to my trailer finally. I was a little bummed that some people bailed on Saturday and Sunday. ( Although I can't blame them ) I originally planned on checking out the new trailers Sunday afternoon but a bunch of them had already left. Oh well. It was a great gathering anyways.

Michael
Michael Rodriguez
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Mike B » Wed May 31, 2006 9:44 am

I got to within 40 miles of the Spring Flood when my car died. I spent the Flood in the KOA campground in Yakima waitng for the car to be fixed. I don't think we had quite as much rain as you guys did, being 60 miles to the east of you. Although Saturday night was a real barrel buster.

Car's fixed and I'm back home now, trying to answer all those 'where were you/where are you' calls.

I hope the 4th of July Fun at Carnation is a bit dryer.

Mike
Hayden Lake, ID
Mike
Hayden Lake, ID
Mike B
500 Club

spring flood

Postby tearsoffun » Wed May 31, 2006 10:59 am

Mike B wrote:I got to within 40 miles of the Spring Flood when my car died. I spent the Flood in the KOA campground in Yakima waitng for the car to be fixed. I don't think we had quite as much rain as you guys did, being 60 miles to the east of you. Although Saturday night was a real barrel buster.

Car's fixed and I'm back home now, trying to answer all those 'where were you/where are you' calls.

I hope the 4th of July Fun at Carnation is a bit dryer.

Mike
Hayden Lake, ID

Yes!! Mike you were missed alot.. We asked every so often.. have you heard from Mike Burton ....... sorry about your break down but at least you were in a place where they could fix it??? T.and G.
HE gave us this fun, let's preserve it!!!
tearsoffun
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Michael Rodriguez » Thu Jun 01, 2006 12:29 am

I'm glad to hear that you were OK . We were all pretty worried about you.

Michael Rodriguez
Michael Rodriguez
Teardrop Inspector

Postby grant whipp » Sun Jun 04, 2006 5:46 pm

Well ...

... I'm just glad that nobody accused ME of bringing the rain with me from FarNorCal (it was raining when I left at 3:30 AM Saturday morning ... even got snowed on going over the Siskiyou summit just north of the Cal-Or border). This was my first NW Fling (at least, with a teardrop), and everyone sure made this ol' camp dog feel welcome! It was great to see a bunch of old friends who couldn't make the 13th Dam Gathering, meet a lot of new friends and "sort-of" check out their teardrops, and just all-in-all had a wonderful time! Even got to see my ol' #16 again, lookin' pretty decent after all it's been through.

THANKS! to Rod & Trudy, Jack & Sue, and Ken & Marty (and everyone else who had a hand in organizing everything and everyone) for a really great Gathering! I had such a good time, in spite of all the rain (but, hey - it is WASHINGTON, after all!), that I'd like to make this an annual event for Lisa & I!

I'm now looking forward to seeing most of you again at Ken & Marty's 4th of July Fun in Carnation! 'Til next time ...

CHEERS!

Grant
Celebrating Retirement after over 32 Years of Building, Promoting, Supporting, Supplying, Living the Lifestyle, and Loving Teardrop Trailers!
"Life Moves a Little Slower When You're On Teardrop Time"
The nature of Life, itself, is change ... "Those who matter, don't mind, and those who mind, don't matter."
grant whipp
Teardrop Manufacturer

Return to North West