15 tours!!!

Washington, Oregon, Idaho & Alaska

15 tours!!!

Postby Toms_Strat » Sun Jun 18, 2006 7:19 pm

Hey all. Took the trailer out to Millersylvania, again, this weekend. We could not even talk to the ranger at the booth to check in, as a young couple stopped to tell us how they had seen these things on TV! :lol: Really nice couple. Once we got set up we knew there would be a few questions during the weekend. Well, that turned into 15 guided tours of the trailer! :shock: :shock: We met SO many nice people, even a lady who had a teardrop in the 1950's! In between visits we managed to give the DO a real workout and ate way too much food, weather was nice, and we are looking forward to the next adventure....

BTW, start the new job tomorrow, so hope to find out soon if we can get to any more of the gatherings! :)
We can not change the direction of the wind, only alter our sails accordingly.
Toms_Strat
Teardrop Advisor

Postby pgwilli » Sun Jun 18, 2006 7:45 pm

Good Job Tom...
Have you started keeping a log book of your trips?
Or maybe you need a guest register... :D
Paul, Norma & the Girls
2014 Escape 21
2006 Chevy Trailblazer
pgwilli
Lifetime member

guest book

Postby oklahomajewel » Sun Jun 18, 2006 8:50 pm

Hey, a guest book ! That's a great idea!

I was going to get a small scrapbook to put my build pictures in , to have on hand when someone says " You built this?" and could have blank pages in the back from "autographs" hahaha

Julie
Some things are way over my head !! ...but it keeps me looking UP!
oklahomajewel
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby Ma3tt » Sun Jun 18, 2006 11:06 pm

I get a post card from every place we camp, I write the space number and which space would be good for next time. and those stay with the teardrop along with the pictures of the original owner and all the other pix I take of it.
Be Good
1967 Siesta del Sobrino "Standy"
If you lived here... you would be home by now.
http://www.Camp-Cook.com
Ma3tt
Dutch Oven GURU

Postby 240zron » Sun Jun 18, 2006 11:37 pm

Hey Tom,

Going to be taking mine to Long Beach this coming weekend for it's first trip. Got the hatch done, wiring complete, and still need to put the door on, And finish the side window, But should be done by Friday.

:D
Take care,
Ron Potts
Member team Genesis USA
240zron
Teardrop Advisor

Postby Steve_Cox » Mon Jun 19, 2006 7:19 am

Ma3tt wrote:I get a post card from every place we camp, I write the space number and which space would be good for next time. and those stay with the teardrop along with the pictures of the original owner and all the other pix I take of it.

Hey, I like the post card idea! We keep a log book and write the space we wished we would have been in it for next time as well. Kim has been collecting stickers from the places we've been and wants to put them in the galley, I've resisted so far. Maybe they should go in the log book too.
Steve
Steve_Cox
4000 Club
4000 Club

Postby Toms_Strat » Mon Jun 19, 2006 7:21 am

Hey all,

We did start a log book when we got the trailer, been tracking the milage, places and sites etc.... One lady suggested we charge a .25 cent tour fee, but then she wanted 10% as manager so the idea kinda dwindled... :) Ron, can't wait to see the trailer! You have to be in the top 10 speed builds ever? Are you taking it out to a kite event?
Toms_Strat
Teardrop Advisor

Postby 240zron » Mon Jun 19, 2006 6:18 pm

Hey Tom,

Yes we are going to the long beach comps this weekend. The Trailer is not complete, The inside still needs to be done, And the galley still needs to be done.

But I will have it sealed up good enough to use for now, till I have enough time (and $) to complete it. Over the winter I hope to redue a bunch of things that I just didn't have time to complete on it.
Take care,
Ron Potts
Member team Genesis USA
240zron
Teardrop Advisor

Postby Toms_Strat » Tue Jun 20, 2006 7:08 pm

Ron,

Sounds like the trailer is really coming together. :applause: :applause:
We hope to head out again the following weekend for a 3 day trip, but not sure where we are gonna head, I vote for the coast!!
Toms_Strat
Teardrop Advisor

Postby 240zron » Tue Jun 20, 2006 9:08 pm

Tom,

Looks like we arn't going to be going to the coast after all this weekend. Had to take the wife into emergency last night with a ruptured apendex, So this weekend id off for me. :(

But at least she is OK :)
Take care,
Ron Potts
Member team Genesis USA
240zron
Teardrop Advisor

Postby madjack » Tue Jun 20, 2006 9:30 pm

Ron...OWWWWWWWW...but thank goodness she is OK...give her our best and we will keep her in our thoughts and prayers...
madjack 8)
...I have come to believe that, conflict resolution, through violence, is never acceptable.....................mj
madjack
Site Admin

Postby 240zron » Tue Jun 20, 2006 9:39 pm

Thanks Madjack

The Dr, thinks the apendix ruptured last Tuesday. She was having a lot of pain, Called the Dr. He said the flu going around had this affect.

The pain came back last night and I made her go in. But they said she will be OK :)
Take care,
Ron Potts
Member team Genesis USA
240zron
Teardrop Advisor

Postby Toms_Strat » Wed Jun 21, 2006 7:50 pm

Ron,

Please give our best to momma! She will also be in our prayers! Once she heals we willl have to check out that trailer!

Tom
Toms_Strat
Teardrop Advisor

Return to North West