Any NO NV Teardroppers heading to the Dam Gathering?

California, Nevada, Utah & Arizona includes Nor. Cal, So. Cal, and Arizona Tearjerkers Chapters

Any NO NV Teardroppers heading to the Dam Gathering?

Postby atahoekid » Sat Apr 04, 2015 12:14 am

Sorry, I haven't been very active lately on the Teardrop forum but with the lousy winter and spring here (kinda), I need to get outdoors. I'm pulling the Road Foamie out of storage in the next few days and my wife and I are contemplating making the Dam Gathering our first outing of the year. Normally her masters program gets in the way of us attending but the class she is currently in seems to be less stressful than the others so she is agreeable. I'd just like to find out who else might be headed up to Lake Shasta?
Mel

"Believe in your abilities... Remember amateurs built the ark, professionals built the Titanic"

"Indecision may or may not be my problem" Jimmy Buffet

The Road Foamie Build Thread: viewtopic.php?t=45698
atahoekid
Platinum Donating Member

Re: Any NO NV Teardroppers heading to the Dam Gathering?

Postby nevadatear » Sat Apr 04, 2015 12:45 pm

We're going!
Debbie (with Randy looking over my shoulder)
Our build thread: http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?t=41295&highlight=monstero
2009 Homebuilt woody, Kenskill inspired 5 wide
ImageImage
nevadatear
Silver Donating Member

Postby desertmoose » Sat Apr 04, 2015 2:48 pm

unfortunately, we're not.
limited vacation time this year....
desertmoose
The 300 Club

Postby atahoekid » Sat Apr 04, 2015 7:30 pm

Hi Guys. I guess I'm a bit later than most in thinking about doing this but I should know by tomorrow eve. It sounds like there are several teardrops in each site. Is that arranged in advance as you make reservations or does it just kind of happen when you get there? If we go, we wouldn't leave till Friday morning. My most important client meeting of the year is Thursday and that's followed by a client dinner so I won't be home till well after 8. Too late to hit the road... Sorry we won't see you Sam and Kat. Hope to see you Randy and Debbie. :thumbsup:
Mel

"Believe in your abilities... Remember amateurs built the ark, professionals built the Titanic"

atahoekid
Platinum Donating Member

Postby nevadatear » Sun Apr 05, 2015 12:36 pm

Kat and damn, boo. There will be plenty of room if you just show up. You can call and reserve a spot, however. We are sharing with friends. Either way there will be space for you.
ImageImage
nevadatear
Silver Donating Member

Postby atahoekid » Mon Apr 06, 2015 12:50 am

Well, the wife and I sat down with the calendar this eve and plotted and planned and unfortunately it doesn't look like there's enough weekends to be able to put one aside for the Dam Gathering. I've got a few house projects that need doing before we have house guests, there are weddings and college graduations that will require us to be out of town, we need to put aside a couple of weekends when we also have the out of town guests coming to visit and lastly there are a few things I want to get done to the Road Foamie since I'm putting it up for sale... Part of my wanting to go to the Dam Gathering was to hand a "FOR SALE" sign on it and look for a buyer there.

Yes, with mixed feelings, I am selling it. It was a true labor of love, I had a great time building it, we've had a great time seeing California, Oregon, Washington and Nevada in it and most importantly, we've met some great people along the way. But, I am going to fix a couple of small things, the cabinet doors bind sometimes and I broke the rear door hold open mechanism the last time out and then post it for sale. The plan has always been to start taking longer (duration) trips. The lack of a toilet and a shower gets in the way of that goal as well as not having a comfortable place to hang out during inclement weather. The neighborhood joke says if you want rain you should send the two of us out in our teardrop. Almost never fails!! :shock: :lol: :shock: So if you know of anyone let me know...
Mel

atahoekid
Platinum Donating Member

Postby Vedette » Mon Apr 06, 2015 1:35 am

So the weather is going to be great at the Dam this year?? :R
Sorry you can't make it?
But Randy and Debbie......we can't wait to see you guys again.
Good Roads
Brian & Sandi
Good Roads
Brian & Sandi
Here is a link to my Build Journal
viewtopic.php?f=50&t=50912
Image109106109111109110138766
Vedette
Silver Donating Member

Postby nevadatear » Mon Apr 06, 2015 2:30 pm

Mel, sorry you guys can't come after all. But as a fellow no Nevadan stung by the drought, apparently you two need to go camping EVERY weekend! We will take up a collection! Rain, more rain!
ImageImage
nevadatear
Silver Donating Member

Postby desertmoose » Mon Apr 06, 2015 3:15 pm

atahoekid wrote: The lack of a toilet and a shower gets in the way of that goal as well as not having a comfortable place to hang out during inclement weather.

Mel:
Kat and I came to the same conclusion. We are keeping the tear for now, but have bought a Casita for the long trips. Looks to be a good fit for a couple.
14' cabin, 17' overall.

If you'd like to see one, stop by and we'll let you check it out.
Sam and Kat.
desertmoose
The 300 Club

Postby atahoekid » Tue Apr 07, 2015 11:29 pm

nevadatear wrote:Mel, sorry you guys can't come after all. But as a fellow no Nevadan stung by the drought, apparently you two need to go camping EVERY weekend! We will take up a collection! Rain, more rain!

I could but it's rough on the marital bliss when I'm packing up the Road Foamie in a hurry in the rain. Let's just say, I've made sailors blush... :x :shock: :oops:
Mel

atahoekid
Platinum Donating Member

Postby atahoekid » Tue Apr 07, 2015 11:35 pm

desertmoose wrote:
atahoekid wrote: The lack of a toilet and a shower gets in the way of that goal as well as not having a comfortable place to hang out during inclement weather.

Mel:
Kat and I came to the same conclusion. We are keeping the tear for now, but have bought a Casita for the long trips. Looks to be a good fit for a couple.
14' cabin, 17' overall.

If you'd like to see one, stop by and we'll let you check it out.
Sam and Kat.

After doing our homework and looking around, we've decided on a Lance 1995. 24 foot overall which should get us into most Calif state parks and Natl parks. We both agreed that a walk around bed was a must since we couldn't see having to crawl over each other to get to the bathroom in the middle of the night. The Lance was the shortest trailer that fit that requirement and was well built. I couldn't believe some of the shoddy construction I saw. Cheap material and shortcut methods. It's no wonder that so many trailers rot and fall apart after a few years. I plan on keeping ours for many years.

I'd keep the Road Foamie if I had the room to store multiple trailers, but since I already store the Road Foamie during the winter, I don't want to pay for storage for two.
Mel

atahoekid
Platinum Donating Member

Postby Jaytlee » Thu Apr 09, 2015 2:27 am

We plan on going. Probably get there Thursday night. How do the sites work? If we reserve a site do you get the whole site to yourself? Look forward to seeing friends and making new ones.
Jaytlee
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Vedette » Thu Apr 09, 2015 9:57 am

nevadatear wrote:Mel, sorry you guys can't come after all. But as a fellow no Nevadan stung by the drought, apparently you two need to go camping EVERY weekend! We will take up a collection! Rain, more rain!

Hi Debbie
I know you guys will probably arrive Wednesday?
Please PM me with your travel plans (Route and Tuesday night location??)
Thanks
Brian & Sandi
Good Roads
Brian & Sandi
Here is a link to my Build Journal
viewtopic.php?f=50&t=50912
Image109106109111109110138766
Vedette
Silver Donating Member

Postby nevadatear » Thu Apr 09, 2015 2:16 pm

Hru jay! Good to hear from you! You can have a site to yourself, or share, there are plenty to go either way.
ImageImage
nevadatear
Silver Donating Member

Postby Jaytlee » Mon Apr 27, 2015 7:46 am

Took the trailer out this weekend and I need to make some modification to it before I use it again. It snowed, hailed and rained. It was a good weather test for my tear. I will not be making it to the Dam gathering this year. I hope to make the next gathering, maybe Unionville. Have fun and be safe.
Jaytlee
Teardrop Inspector

Next

Return to South West