Home Built Designs and Original TD Gathering Sept 20-23 2018

California, Nevada, Utah & Arizona includes Nor. Cal, So. Cal, and Arizona Tearjerkers Chapters

Re: Home Built Designs and Original TD Gathering Sept 20-23

Postby irgod32 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:24 pm

Home Built Designs and Original TD Gathering Sept 20-23 2018
Hello tiny trailer friends!
Only 10 spaces left on this loop (Sites 2-51), reserve your tiny trailer spot soon! There are plenty of open sites on the other loop (Sites 52-113). :applause:
This is a first come first serve park where you make your own camping reservations. I am only setting this gathering up so we can get as many tiny trailers as we can. I have no investment in this gathering. The only interest I have is to see what others have done to their own trailers. You all are so cleaver, I've seen so many different ideas. I have seen a comfortable looking pop up tiny trailer to personalized cabinet knobs that were machined to fit tiny precious stones gathered from one of their travels. There are so many ideas out there, I want to see them all! :)
I am thinking about getting a flyer out to some local places in Felton and maybe Santa Cruz to invite the public to come see our trailers. I'm not sure I can pull this off but what do you all think? :thinking:
Whenever I drive down the freeway I always get a couple cars slowing down to take pics of my trailer as I drive. Or when I am gassing up, there are always some curious people asking how sleeping in tiny trailers works. There is an interest in some people out there, even if it's just to come look. Tell me your thoughts!
See you in September!
:thumbsup:
Tiny Trailer Builders of America
Build it and they will come
irgod32
Teardrop Master

Postby WittyName » Thu Jun 07, 2018 12:32 pm

I just booked 27 for thursday and friday night only.... someone has it booked for saturday night so we will be leaving a day early.....

I BETTER HURRY AND FINISH THIS THING! lol got the walls up need to do the cabinets and the skin and trim.... got the summer to finish.... wish me good luck
WittyName
Teardrop Inspector

Postby irgod32 » Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:47 pm

WittyName: I can't wait to see your build! With all my home duties and Honey-do's it took me over a year just to be able to use my little trailer. I hope you have better luck than I did. I'm still adding the finishing touches. Post pictures of your build?
As far as Saturday night, you can ask the park ranger if anyone has canceled. You may have to move to another vacant spot but at least you can stay another day.
Good luck and see you in September
Robert & Terry
irgod32
Teardrop Master

Postby WittyName » Sun Jun 10, 2018 8:10 pm

I would upload photos but I have to change the size and it's just too complicated. Lol. But right now I have my fenders in getting powder coated asnd my custom mattress is going to be delivered next week.

Just trying to figure out the cabinet situation. Power outlets voltage meters and what kingmd of built in icebox... thinking drop in icebox you would install into a grilling station in the back yard. Lol the only thing holding me back is my own imagination. Lol
WittyName
Teardrop Inspector

Postby irgod32 » Tue Aug 28, 2018 11:04 pm

26 days away! Looking forward to seeing some old friends and meeting new ones. See ya soon! :thumbsup:
irgod32
Teardrop Master

Postby Aviatorbrew » Mon Sep 03, 2018 3:07 pm

We are looking forward to the event. we are having to make a mad dash repair on the trailer, the metal siding oil canned badly, we removed it, resheated, and applied "Monstaliner" on it today. its a DIY bed liner paint, we found it on the forum. now we just need to get everything back together.

we are leaving home friday morning and hope to be there by noon or so

is there a tentative schedule of events?
Andy & Mandy's Luv Shack!
64" x 12' standie,
Cheyenne Wyoming
2018 4 runner
Aviatorbrew
Teardrop Builder

Postby irgod32 » Tue Sep 04, 2018 7:14 pm

Woooohooooo!!! :lol:

Can't wait to see new builds and all the great ideas. I followed your build a little and very interested in seeing your build in person Aviatorbrew.

Just out of curiosity, do you brew beer? Pilot who brews? :thinking:

Anyhow, I hope your modifications turned out well. See you guys soon! :applause:
irgod32
Teardrop Master

Postby Aviatorbrew » Wed Sep 05, 2018 9:28 pm

We are looking forward to the event.

I dabble in the beer brewing,

I’m not a professional pilot, yet, but working on it, I am an instrument rated private,

Is there going to be a potluck on one of the nights? I am assuming Saturday night

Thanks. Andy
Andy & Mandy's Luv Shack!
64" x 12' standie,
Cheyenne Wyoming
2018 4 runner
Aviatorbrew
Teardrop Builder

Postby irgod32 » Thu Sep 06, 2018 11:00 pm

Hey Andy, yes Saturday night will be a pot luck. This gathering is more of a relaxed setting. Bring your own chairs, relax and enjoy stories from each of us. I brew also. I just finished a batch two weeks ago. I will dry hop this weekend and bottle next week. I'm not sure if this brew will be ready by the gathering but if it is, I will bring sample bottles :beer:
See you guys soon!
:thumbsup:
irgod32
Teardrop Master

Postby ELM » Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:15 pm

I called the campground to make sure that the use of charcoal and campfires are OK and they ARE allowed right now. We had quite a few campgrounds on our trip that didn't allow either so thought I would check. SEEYA soon. :)
My Build journal. viewtopic.php?f=50&t=65395
ELM
Teardrop Master

Postby irgod32 » Sun Sep 09, 2018 10:28 am

Glad to hear fires are permitted. I can see why fires would be restricted in some places but I don't think any fires were started by any camp fires. You'll have to fill us in on your trip, that was a lot of miles you two drove. But I bet you got to see a lot of nice places. Definitely a trip we'd like to take.
Talk to you guys soon!
Robert and Terry
irgod32
Teardrop Master

Postby Mbettman » Sun Sep 16, 2018 9:18 pm

Hi all, I just discovered this event and I happen to have next weekend free. Let me know if any of you are thinking about cancelling, I'd love to take your spot if it's available and I could save you a few bucks.
Mbettman
Teardrop Inspector

Postby ELM » Mon Sep 17, 2018 8:17 pm

Mbettman wrote:Hi all, I just discovered this event and I happen to have next weekend free. Let me know if any of you are thinking about cancelling, I'd love to take your spot if it's available and I could save you a few bucks.

Keep checking to if someone cancels and you might give the campground a call to see if they have walk in sites. And if that dosn't work out come up for the day Saturday.
My Build journal. viewtopic.php?f=50&t=65395
ELM
Teardrop Master

Postby irgod32 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 7:59 pm

Mbettman wrote:Hi all, I just discovered this event and I happen to have next weekend free. Let me know if any of you are thinking about cancelling, I'd love to take your spot if it's available and I could save you a few bucks.

Hey Mbettman, don't know how far you are from the campgrounds, but I know last year there were a few vacancies from people who had canceled. It's a first come first serve kind of deal at such a late notice. Like Elm said, come for the day and visit with all the campers. Saturday will be a open house type day where you get to meet the owners of the trailers and see how they've customized them. I really love the small touches people add, people are so creative. :applause:
Anyhow, hope to see you there.

Robert
irgod32
Teardrop Master

Postby Mbettman » Thu Sep 20, 2018 11:25 am

Sounds good. I'm an hour or so away, so it's not such a huge deal to come for the day. I'll try calling Henry Cowell to see if there are any vacancies. How many people/ trailers are you expecting to show up?
Mbettman
Teardrop Inspector

PreviousNext

Return to South West