The Terminators at it again. Lets here your comments

California, Nevada, Utah & Arizona includes Nor. Cal, So. Cal, and Arizona Tearjerkers Chapters

Postby Dean in Eureka, CA » Tue Jun 16, 2009 8:07 pm

I'm from California, so I qualify to spout my two cents worth...
Things are gonna get really screwy in a couple of weeks when July rolls around with no budget set in place.
But I'm not here to talk about that... I'm here to talk about the parks.
Without them, tourists won't travel from out of state to camp here and spend their money here.
Meanwhile... Californians will travel out of state to camp and spend their money in someone else's state.
For the life of me, why can't politicians understand this??? :?
Dean in Eureka, CA
The Fogcrawler

Postby satch » Tue Jun 16, 2009 9:59 pm

I agree Dean, what I'm worried about is, when they close them, what will happin to them? Prime example; Bodie SHP, is mosy likely, the best preserved "ghost town" in Cal. I've been there 3 times, love it. This and a few others, have rangers living on site. Now, if it's closed, does that mean they will leave? If so, that leaves a state treasure open to vandals, theft, or possible destruction. This would be the biggest mistake they could make.
If it itches. scratch it
Rick
satch
Donating Member

Postby High Desert » Wed Jun 17, 2009 5:54 am

Dean & satch, those are good points. I live next door and have camped at many great spots in California. Most are federal but some state ones. Bodie is a good example. Its just a damm shame that this is going down this way. It seems the folks in Sac don't see campgrounds as part of the tourist trade that has been a part of the economy for so long. I have no answers but you have my sympathy. And as you state goes, Nevada often follows so it doesn't bode well for us either.
Shaun

"it's not the years honey, it's the mileage"
High Desert
Platinum Donating Member

Previous

Return to South West