The 2nd 'Glyphs Waha'Yoo ...!

California, Nevada, Utah & Arizona includes Nor. Cal, So. Cal, and Arizona Tearjerkers Chapters

Postby emiller » Thu Sep 23, 2010 9:45 pm

Nice pictures :thumbsup:
emiller
Donating Member

Postby teardrop_focus » Thu Sep 23, 2010 10:40 pm

^ What they said...

G R E A T pics, Wolf. :thumbsup: Thanks, too, to Jerry! for posting his. :)

I knew the area around the 'glyphs camp was something I've always liked, high desert, but Wolf's pics put a whole new light on just how beautiful the area really is...

So, again, thanks!

"There is something about these little trailers that brings out the best in people." - BigAl, Scotland, 2010

"Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Nature's peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into the trees...
The winds will blow their own freshness into you and the storms their energy, while cares will drop away like autumn leaves..." - John Muir, 1898

Chris Squier / teardrop_focus :-)~
teardrop_focus
Donating Member

Postby jhb » Thu Sep 23, 2010 11:13 pm

16 Cars for 90 miles? Shesh. That's a traffic jam for out there! :lol: I do love that country side. No fog... And Randy, better get some more Moose 'cause Ken and I are headed your way. (I wish!).

Thanks for the pics everyone.
John B.
I'd rather be camping.
jhb
Gold Donating Member

Postby asianflava » Fri Sep 24, 2010 12:00 am

Those gas prices are one reason why I carry a 5gal gas can when I go out, especially in the desert Southwest. The few and far between stations is the other reason.
asianflava
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby Kayperkay » Fri Sep 24, 2010 12:41 am

This was the best Glyphs EVER 8) Here are a couple of pics...I'll get all of them up on my public Picasa page soon. Thanks to everyone there... The final Glyphs was absolutely Fabulous 8)

Yummo......

On our way to the top....

My view from the top :o)

[img]http://www.tnttt.com/gallery/image.php?image_id=71279[img][/img]

Friday night sunset

Funny...nobody else would get in this pic.....
Kay
Director Jefferson State Tearjerkers
Life is Devine Chaos....Embrace it...Forgive yourself......Breathe.....And enjoy the Ride...!!

Image Image Image
Kayperkay
The 300 Club

Postby grant whipp » Sat Sep 25, 2010 2:35 pm

GREAT pics, everyone ... :thumbsup: ...! It was almost like being back there (I wish! I could have just stayed there ...)!

If anyone else has a hankerin' to experience the 'Glyphs, don't wait for another Gathering out there ... just GO!

CHEERS!

Grant
Celebrating Retirement after over 32 Years of Building, Promoting, Supporting, Supplying, Living the Lifestyle, and Loving Teardrop Trailers!
"Life Moves a Little Slower When You're On Teardrop Time"
The nature of Life, itself, is change ... "Those who matter, don't mind, and those who mind, don't matter."
grant whipp
Teardrop Manufacturer

Postby Ken Fincher » Mon Sep 27, 2010 1:47 am

Was that a Pussy Cat in the picture above it looks as if he/she got a little dirty.
If it was maybe I was lucky that I did'nt make it your dirty cat would have made my face swell up.
And probably would have brought down the mountian side with my snoring.
So you guys we're also lucky that I did'nt make it,I'm very alergic to cats.

I'm still glad that you all had a great time.

Ken.
Thanks to the Highways & Byways & our National & State Parks,What a beautiful Country we live in.

( www.VegasTeardrop.com )
Ken Fincher
The 300 Club

Postby grant whipp » Mon Sep 27, 2010 1:40 pm

Yep, that was indeed a cat, Ken! And, Klitty didn't get (too) dirty, she's a torttise-shell calico. She broke her right hind leg a few weeks ago and she's on limited activity for a couple of months, so she's now our traveling companion for a little while (and, she travels quite well, too ... I just hope she doesn't expect to go every time, now, as she's supposed to be the shop cat and catch mice ... :roll: ...). I don't think you'll have to worry aboout her at the next Gathering you attend with us ... ;) ...!

CHEERS!

Grant

BTW ... the Hot Pots were Great! ... wasn't the same without you!
Celebrating Retirement after over 32 Years of Building, Promoting, Supporting, Supplying, Living the Lifestyle, and Loving Teardrop Trailers!
"Life Moves a Little Slower When You're On Teardrop Time"
The nature of Life, itself, is change ... "Those who matter, don't mind, and those who mind, don't matter."
grant whipp
Teardrop Manufacturer

Postby Ken Fincher » Mon Sep 27, 2010 6:19 pm

Thats to bad about its hind leg. :(
And if the little fella is with ya next time we cross paths, I will surely deal with it, I do love animals. Just with cats I'd have to make sure that I clean my hands real good after petting them & make sure that I don't throw my pants that the cat was rubbing up against into the teardrop.

And if I happen to inhale some cat hair, I'll almost surely find out who the pot smokers are in camp do to the way my eyes swell up they'll be wanting me to share some with them. :lol:

I did plan on being there and at the Royal George Gathering over the weekend.

But we have had alot on our plate that we are dealing with.
(Alot of famialy stressfull shXX on Jans side is going on at the moment)

Hope to see you soon.
Ken F.
Thanks to the Highways & Byways & our National & State Parks,What a beautiful Country we live in.

( www.VegasTeardrop.com )
Ken Fincher
The 300 Club

Thanks for the welcome!

Postby desertmoose » Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:19 pm

Kat and I made it back last night with the "teardrop recovery vehicle" in tow. (30' toyhauler)

We met the group at the petroglyphs on friday the 17th, and ended up staying until sunday morning before we continued on to the rest of our trip.

Everyone was wonderful. It was great meeting the gang and getting a chance to check out some teardrops first hand.

I especially appreciate the fact, that when I showed the sketches for my approach to a teardrop, that the laughter was kept down to a dull roar..... :)

Apparently, our decision to bring ice cream was acceptable..... next year, if we have our teardrop, we won't have the freezer though.

Here's Randy (Wolf farmer) inside his "standy." (look for the feet underneath!) He really needs to do something about those termites in the floor boards....

Here's a scenery shot.

And for some of the rest of our trip, here's Kat at great Basin Park.

We did put the boat to use at 3 lakes, including this shot of Kat at Cave Lake. She really enjoyed the fact that she caught 19, while I caught only 10.....

Now the planning on our teardrop starts in earnest, incorporating a lot of what we learned. The debate continues though, teardrop or shuttlecraft.... :twisted:
desertmoose
The 300 Club

Postby jhb » Mon Sep 27, 2010 11:21 pm

Hey, thanks for the shot of Great Basin NP, I love that place!
John B.
I'd rather be camping.
jhb
Gold Donating Member

Postby nevadatear » Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:23 am

:( Ken, that is you and me both with the cat allergy! Takes about 15 minutes indoors and I can barely breathe. I am usually pretty good with them outdoors,though, as long as they don't crawl in my car. What is it about cats that sense your allergy and out of a crowd always find YOU to rub up against? I'm sure Planovet could explain, but they sure do have a malicious 6th sense. :lol:
Debbie (with Randy looking over my shoulder)
Our build thread: http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?t=41295&highlight=monstero
2009 Homebuilt woody, Kenskill inspired 5 wide
ImageImage
nevadatear
Silver Donating Member

Previous

Return to South West