first annual Buellton Vintage Trailer Bash

California, Nevada, Utah & Arizona includes Nor. Cal, So. Cal, and Arizona Tearjerkers Chapters

Postby canned o minimum » Sun Sep 26, 2010 5:10 pm

Fer me it was a financial decision and I was unaware of the buelton GTG....Money is TIGHT and I wanted to go campin and see sum of my friends and make new ones...close to home.

The weather was warm, but the company was warmer !!
canned o minimum
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby jhb » Sun Sep 26, 2010 5:25 pm

martha24 wrote:Just for fun I was checking the weather as this weekend turned hot for CA. Yesterday it was hotter in Escondido than Buellton, and today is supposed to be hotter in Buellton than Escondido. For both in the highs of 90 to 100 range.
I'm glad I'm by the coast where is was in the 80's :R as it still felt warm to me. :lol:

We have finally seen the sun here in Los Osos. Close to 100 in San Luis yesterday. So you never know... :roll:
John B.
I'd rather be camping.
jhb
Gold Donating Member

Postby Gage » Sun Sep 26, 2010 7:38 pm

martha24 wrote:Just for fun I was checking the weather as this weekend turned hot for CA. Yesterday it was hotter in Escondido than Buellton, and today is supposed to be hotter in Buellton than Escondido. For both in the highs of 90 to 100 range.
I'm glad I'm by the coast where is was in the 80's :R as it still felt warm to me. :lol:

Hope everyone had fun in both places.
Well Martha, we were also checking the weather. We were 9 miles north of Escondido and about 1 1/2 miles up from Valley Center. And 4 of us who were checking came up with the same readings for Valley Center and Buellton. Seems like Valley Center was running 5 to 10 degrees cooler than Buellton. I saw were Buellton was 101 Saturday where as Woods Valley was only 93. It must have been that cool ocean breeze that was coming up the canyon. :lol:

What hurts is so many people cancelled out and never let the park know. Because of that the park will no longer take reservations with out a deposit covering the first night. It seems to be the new way of the new teardrop and vintage trailer owners. They don't give a damn about nobody but themselfs. They own them just to be in the so called 'in crowd' (at least here on the west coast) and that's too bad. :thumbdown:

Anyways our get together/gathering ended up to be a good old fashion weekend with friends without the 'Swap Meet' atmosphere. There were about 12 vintage travel trailers and teardrops there (pictures to come later). Oh and we had a impromptu pot luck with home made cherry pie and banana pudding for desert. :)

Next years get together/gathering will be different. More to come on that later also.
:thinking:
Image Image Image
Remember 'Teardrop Time'.......Take your time, you don't have to have it finished NOW.
Gage
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby teardrop_focus » Sun Sep 26, 2010 7:47 pm

I had a great time at Valley Center! I took my little red half-teardrop, got there mid-afternoon Saturday, threw together some grub for the pot luck, met Dave and Louise! Nick, Damien, BillNut... saw Gage and Tanya again... I went back to my trailer at bedtime, dropped the EZUp down low and crawled into bed with a smile on my face. I had a wonderful time. Truly.

I'll post up some pics later!

:campfire:

"There is something about these little trailers that brings out the best in people." - BigAl, Scotland, 2010

"Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Nature's peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into the trees...
The winds will blow their own freshness into you and the storms their energy, while cares will drop away like autumn leaves..." - John Muir, 1898

Chris Squier / teardrop_focus :-)~
teardrop_focus
Donating Member

Postby canned o minimum » Sun Sep 26, 2010 8:50 pm

Thanx fer the after dinner coffee,Chris....Can't wait to see yer OTHER half of the teardrop,but take yer time and do it right the first time.

This was MY first time at Valley Center and I was una ware of the pool or I woulda brought my trunks.

Since I'm fairly new to teardroppin, I haven't gotten my Dutch Oven yet and I'm single so cookin is a very SIMPLE thang fer me...canned goods is my way of eatin. Once I learn a thang or two bout D/O cookin, I'll be able to be more of "pot luck" sorta fella.

All in due time I suppose....

It was a fun and relaxing GTG and I enjoyed the company, the conversations and the activities.
canned o minimum
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby teardrop_focus » Sun Sep 26, 2010 9:05 pm

Thanx fer the after dinner coffee,Chris....

You're more than welcome... :thumbsup: I had to have some coffee w/ that great banana/vanilla pudding/nillawafer desert that Damien was scooping out and Tanya's cherry pie...

:coffee:

'twas good to meet you.

And I just realized I posted in the wrong thread... so you'll find me over in Dave Nathanson's thread, quoting myself there (so as not to seem like I'm "double posting" - haha).

:vroom:

"There is something about these little trailers that brings out the best in people." - BigAl, Scotland, 2010

"Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Nature's peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into the trees...
The winds will blow their own freshness into you and the storms their energy, while cares will drop away like autumn leaves..." - John Muir, 1898

Chris Squier / teardrop_focus :-)~
teardrop_focus
Donating Member

Postby martha24 » Sun Sep 26, 2010 9:19 pm

Gage wrote: Well Martha, we were also checking the weather. We were 9 miles north of Escondido and about 1 1/2 miles up from Valley Center. And 4 of us who were checking came up with the same readings for Valley Center and Buellton. Seems like Valley Center was running 5 to 10 degrees cooler than Buellton. I saw were Buellton was 101 Saturday where as Woods Valley was only 93. It must have been that cool ocean breeze that was coming up the canyon. :lol:

I was just checking on the internet. With some of those numbers it really depends on where the temperature was taken. For Goleta, they take it at the Santa Barbara Airport, which is right by the beach and I live a few miles inland from there and I'm usually at least a few degrees warmer if not more. :lol: That's why I didn't post any exact numbers, because I figured they probably weren't too far different. It will be interesting to hear how the ones that went to Buellton liked it. :thinking:

Gage wrote:What hurts is so many people cancelled out and never let the park know. Because of that the park will no longer take reservations with out a deposit covering the first night........ :thumbdown:

I'm really sorry to hear that as it is just plain wrong. It's one thing to cancel out at last min (and let them know) because of an emergency situation. It is bad to cancel out at the last minute and let them know just because you changed your mind at some point and still worse not to let them know at all. And it makes it even worse in this economy being a private park. :thumbdown: It gives a bad reputation to TD and TTT owners. :roll: It can be hard to find places to have gatherings and any place that welcomes us, we should be very considerate to them.
Martha ;)

martha24
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Gage » Sun Sep 26, 2010 9:32 pm

martha24 wrote:...........and still worse not to let them know at all. And it makes it even worse in this economy being a private park. :thumbdown: It gives a bad reputation to TD and TTT owners. :roll: It can be hard to find places to have gatherings and any place that welcomes us, we should be very considerate to them.
Yep the park bends over backwards to please us because of the past. They had even blocked the whole park for us. So they lost money big time. And would you believe, she still wants us to come back. We told her it would be different next year. We just need to iron out the details. :)
Image Image Image
Remember 'Teardrop Time'.......Take your time, you don't have to have it finished NOW.
Gage
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby jhb » Mon Sep 27, 2010 12:13 am

Gage wrote:Anyways our get together/gathering ended up to be a good old fashion weekend with friends
And these are the most fun, 'cause after all, it's about friends.
John B.
I'd rather be camping.
jhb
Gold Donating Member

Postby dmb90260 » Wed Sep 29, 2010 9:38 am

Flying Flags in Buelton was an excellent RV park for the rally. It does not have the ocean right next door like Pismo but the sites are nicer. Reviews on the internet complained about small sites but that applies to modern rigs with 2-3 slideouts and giant canopies. They were perfect for vintage trailers, each one had a nice amount of grass that was not shared. Some had concrete pads and many had large trees covering them. I had afternoon shade. The store is not as big the Pismo store but it was quite adequate. A nice big pool had two spa/hot tubs but you had to keep moving Rudy out of the way. The spa was his secondary site.. Nights were very pleasant including a movie buy the pool on Friday night and they erected a screen for a movie adjacent to the site of the pot luck on Saturday night.

The weather was fine on Friday but got over 100 on Sat & Sun, still not like the 113 I found when I got home in LA on Monday. There were aprox 115 trailers this year. I expect that to increase next time evryone I talked to really like the locale and sites.
For the record, My friend and I did cancel our reservations at Woods Valley in July, months ahead of time.

I had a great time and plan on returning next year, the dates are already set for Sept 23-34, 2010.

ImageImage
But the dogs asked for a bigger fan. The Redneck Gourmet Kielbasa Stew may show up again too.
Dennis
Join the Kenskill Karavan at:
http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/kenskill_karavan/
Real Men cook with Black Iron
The Buzz In the Dale: The Buzz In The Dale
dmb90260
Titanium Donating Member

Postby Nick Taylor » Mon Jan 03, 2011 3:41 pm

dmb90260 wrote:I had a great time and plan on returning next year, the dates are already set for Sept 23-34, 2010.

Can you clarify the dates for 2011? We want to make sure our Woods Valley get together doesn't conflict this year.

Thanks, Nick.
Nick Taylor
The 300 Club

Postby dmb90260 » Mon Jan 03, 2011 4:32 pm

Nick Taylor wrote:
Can you clarify the dates for 2011? We want to make sure our Woods Valley get together doesn't conflict this year.

Thanks, Nick.

Those dates I posted were for 2010. I believe it will be the same weekend, Sept 24-25 2011.

You can confirm it with the organizer:

david neel <[email protected]>

David Neel
334 N. San Mateo Avenue
Ventura, CA 93004
Questions? Call (805) 895-4005

I hope the events can be set so they are on different weekends. Both sites have plus's ancd neither should be as hot as last year..
Dennis
Join the Kenskill Karavan at:
http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/kenskill_karavan/
Real Men cook with Black Iron
The Buzz In the Dale: The Buzz In The Dale
dmb90260
Titanium Donating Member

Previous

Return to South West