SLO Picture Album

California, Nevada, Utah & Arizona includes Nor. Cal, So. Cal, and Arizona Tearjerkers Chapters

Slo Gathering

Postby Italia » Wed Sep 19, 2007 1:26 am

Bravo ladies and gents,
Thank you all for making Chris and myself feel so welcome. JoAnn and Matt, thank you for the professional introduction to Dutch Oven Cooking. A D.O. will now always accompany our teardrop excursions in the future. Thank you all for not laughing at my attempts at waffle making, I still have a way to go to achieve the quality Doug and others produced on Saturday morning. Thanks Sam for the fine cigar which I have saved to enjoy tomorrow evening after work for my birthday. Thanks also to the nice lady who endured my going the wrong way in the food line when it was obvious that the deserts didn't come first and I was going the wrong way. Thank you for the personal tours of your teardrop and small trailers, and sharing the fine workmanship embodied in your custom trailers and the clever design features with any who inquired. Cliff , wow you and your lovely wife are a class act,
nice work chronicling the First SLO gathering! Thanks again for your photos of our teardrop in our gallery. Chris and Steve a job well done.I'm sure if I thought about it I could write a book on the fine people and the good times we had but its late and my bed is calling me.----Dan (italia)
Italia
Teardrop Master

Postby Gage » Wed Sep 19, 2007 1:33 am

Hey Dean, that's where Ron slept. The Mrs. slept in the Box Kite away from the raccoons. :rofl:
Image Image Image
Remember 'Teardrop Time'.......Take your time, you don't have to have it finished NOW.
Gage
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby 3hansens » Wed Sep 19, 2007 2:41 pm

Great job with the photos, Cliff! I didn't get too many pictures taken myself, so I'm glad to have access to yours.

<---------- Mind if we "borrow" one for our avatar?

We felt it was an exceptional gathering (thanks, Steve). We were glad to meet everyone and to come away with so many great ideas for our little trailers (now to incorporate some of them).

Hope to see all of you again soon....
Tim, Margaret, and Nicky (Grandma Joanne too)
3hansens
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Gage » Wed Sep 19, 2007 3:36 pm

I think Tim was bored. Hand polishing the Scottie at a gathering?

:rofl:

P.S. Who was it that said Cliff was the only one taking pictures? ;)
Image Image Image
Remember 'Teardrop Time'.......Take your time, you don't have to have it finished NOW.
Gage
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby Gage » Wed Sep 19, 2007 3:47 pm

I even have one of Joanne being told how to set up her table in the dark. :)

Image Image Image
Gage
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby cuyeda » Wed Sep 19, 2007 5:23 pm

Gage wrote:I think Tim was bored. Hand polishing the Scottie at a gathering?

:rofl:

Tim,

Are you really polishing your trailer? Skip the hand polishing, get yourself a compound buffer, and a good wool pad. I use a 3M brand double sided. Use a Nuvite polish F7 grade (to start with), you can order it from Vintage Trailer Supply. I bought my first 7" sander/polisher from Harbor Freight, and yes it broke! A good size drill will work well also, if you have the chuck adapters.

I will be happy to provide more details on polishing, and perhaps in a separate thread. Remember, polishing trailers can be detrimental to your health, it becomes an obsession. ha ha.

Yes, anyone can use the pictures for the avatars or for personal use.
Why just dance, when you can Salsa!
Cliff & Vanessa
cuyeda
Platinum Donating Member

Postby Ron Dickey » Wed Sep 19, 2007 11:03 pm

Dean in Eureka, CA wrote:Fabulous Shots Cliff!!! :thumbsup:

:o Whoa!!!... I never would've guessed that Matt was so old!!! (pffffffft) ;)

They say a picture's worth a thousand words...
Ron,
You deserve to be standing there, looking so proud...
"Cause yaa got your own tear to a gathering before me.
Congratulations!!! :applause:

BTW- Don't worry... I'm sure you'll have the Mrs. talked into leaving the tent at home next time. :lol: ;)

Dean, when I first came to the thing I had no doors I drove around found out later that folks thought I was looking for parts!! :lol:

Went home Thursday and built the doors took me 1 hr each went in the house took a shower and I was so sore that after my wife gave me a massage. (she is a massuse) I went to be in my house bed and slept in the trailer friday and sat. Nights. The window was a last thought realizing I might need to know when it was light out or if it got to hot got some free screening from a screen shop. :? Was so burned out for got to take many shots my self.

Ron

Cliff thanks for catching the moment. Good shots great times good folks. Glad to have met you and your wife.
And every one else too.
Inside almost done--Trolly top has opening windows & roof.doors need assembling--pictured above waley windows..galley 1/3 done
Cross Bow in Build Journals....http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=54108
Ron Dickey
Silver Donating Member

Postby bledsoe3 » Thu Sep 20, 2007 8:33 pm

Thanks for the pictures Cliff. I wish I could have been there.
If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always got.
bledsoe3
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby doug hodder » Thu Sep 20, 2007 8:57 pm

Ron...I really like the "gun port" look on the doors. Perfect for the Raccoons. Doug :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
doug hodder
*Snoop Dougie Doug

SLO Pictures

Postby Ken Fincher » Tue Sep 25, 2007 3:00 pm

I finished getting my SLO pictures & a video posted on my website just go to gatherings page .
I might end up in AZ. this week but I am not sure.

(www.VegasTeardrop.com) or click my www on the bottom of my post.

P.S. Nice pics Cliff.

Ken F.
Thanks to the Highways & Byways & our National & State Parks,What a beautiful Country we live in.

( www.VegasTeardrop.com )
Ken Fincher
The 300 Club

Previous

Return to South West