Arizona TearJerkers at Cabelas Show

California, Nevada, Utah & Arizona includes Nor. Cal, So. Cal, and Arizona Tearjerkers Chapters

Postby Gage » Thu Sep 09, 2010 3:09 pm

I'm wondering how we're going to be doing Route 66 Thursday & Friday and end up in Glendale Saturday morning. I think we may have a conflict here. :thinking:
Image Image Image
Remember 'Teardrop Time'.......Take your time, you don't have to have it finished NOW.
Gage
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby emiller » Thu Sep 09, 2010 4:14 pm

Yeah I can't see making down there until maybe Saturday late afternoon. Maybe just stick to the run. We can play by ear. Too bad it isn't a 2 day show.
emiller
Donating Member

Postby martha24 » Thu Sep 09, 2010 4:34 pm

emiller wrote:Yeah I can't see making down there until maybe Saturday late afternoon. Maybe just stick to the run. We can play by ear. Too bad it isn't a 2 day show.

So how does that effect signing up for Cabelas or not?
I have no idea of how long it takes to drive from point A to point B (whatever they are) on route 66.

It doesn't make real difference to me how the timing works out, just would like to have a general idea of what the whole plan is. I have no problem with playing it by ear either. Would be nice to know where we might be Fri & Sat night though. :lol:

I was looking at the Cabelas website and there were a few things I wouldn't mind checking out. :)
Martha ;)

martha24
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby alffink » Thu Sep 09, 2010 5:20 pm

actually if I remember correctly, the other CA tear, headed home Saturday evening.....but I cheated somewhat, I have a daughter in Casa Grande, about an hour east of Cabelas, so we will be visiting the grand kids Saturday night

But, when most everyone headed home Saturday evening, about 5 spent the evening right there at Cabelas, haven't heard yet if that will be a possibility this year

I know that Ed Miller, is thinking about us staying Friday, at a campground, just a few miles west of Cabelas, there a few pictures on the 66 tour thread of the camp ground, looked pretty basic, but very nice setting just below ol6 Rt 66
alffink
Donating Member

Postby Gage » Thu Sep 09, 2010 5:21 pm

Maybe Friday night in Williams and then stop in Glendale Saturday afternoon. The big problem is that mountain between the two cities and no direct way to get from 'A' to 'B' or should I say 'W' to 'G'. :thinking:

Say Eddie, is that county camp ground in Williams still open?
Image Image Image
Remember 'Teardrop Time'.......Take your time, you don't have to have it finished NOW.
Gage
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby emiller » Thu Sep 09, 2010 6:39 pm

Cataract Lake west is closed but Cataract Lake east is still open but fills up quick. I thought we leave Calico on Thursday spending the next night up at Cool Springs then Friday we can drive the rest of 66 and spend the night at the old 66 camp ground east of Seligman then Saturday morning head down to Glendale unless you guys want to go all the way to Williams. I am up for anything. Sorry for posting this Steve on your topic but it kind of goes as timing of both events so close is hard because everyone would like to do both
Eddie
emiller
Donating Member

Postby Gage » Thu Sep 09, 2010 7:44 pm

Boy Eddie, I'm sure glad your handling this and not me. Seligman sounds good to me. Williams doesn't offer all that much any ways. Maybe if we get a head count as to who will also be going to Cabelas, Steve could block off an area for us late arrivals.

Can I still bring my Tiny Travel Trailer or should I bring the Teardrop?
:o
Image Image Image
Gage
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby emiller » Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:16 pm

Gage I don't care what you bring but I think the Cabela's is a teardrop event but we should check with Steve.
Steve where you at. Come on.
emiller
Donating Member

Cabelas

Postby js.mason » Thu Sep 09, 2010 9:15 pm

I will check with Pat Zeeman an see if we are able to change this to a two day event. There is more response than I ever expected for this event. I will post Pat's response as soon a I here from her. :D
js.mason
Teardrop Builder

Cabelas

Postby js.mason » Thu Sep 09, 2010 9:48 pm

Gage, This is supposed to be a teardrop only event, but I don't have a problem with your tiny trailer. :D
js.mason
Teardrop Builder

Re: Cabelas

Postby Gage » Thu Sep 09, 2010 10:43 pm

js.mason wrote:Gage, This is supposed to be a teardrop only event, but I don't have a problem with your tiny trailer. :D

We can bring the teardrop. I was just planning on taking the Field and Stream. That was before we started planning on ending up at Cabela's. I just happen to think, I'll need to bring more money. :( ... :lol:

Just think Steve, there will be three teardrop groups represented. The Arizona and So-Cal chapters of Tear Jerkers and also the Arizona Round-Up gang. ;) By the way, does that Cabela's have an RV Park attached.
Image Image Image
Gage
8000 Club
8000 Club

Re: Cabelas

Postby ssrjim » Thu Sep 09, 2010 11:38 pm

Gage wrote:
js.mason wrote:Gage, This is supposed to be a teardrop only event, but I don't have a problem with your tiny trailer. :D

We can bring the teardrop. I was just planning on taking the Field and Stream. That was before we started planning on ending up at Cabela's. I just happen to think, I'll need to bring more money. :( ... :lol:

Just think Steve, there will be three teardrop groups represented. The Arizona and So-Cal chapters of Tear Jerkers and also the Arizona Round-Up gang. ;) By the way, does that Cabela's have an RV Park attached.

No RV park.
ssrjim
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Cliffmeister2000 » Fri Sep 10, 2010 8:59 am

This is shaping up to be quite a trip! :thumbsup:
God Bless

Cliff

♥God. ♥People.
1 John 4:9-11

My Teardrop build pictures
Cliffmeister2000
Titanium Donating Member

Postby alffink » Fri Sep 10, 2010 10:06 am

Cliff

Your right on there!!

No matter where we actually end up for Saturday, this looks like fun...

Even if we pull in late afternoon at Cabelas, we'll still see most of the other tears and the store is open late on Saturdays, for those that haven't been there, or just like to shop a bit.
alffink
Donating Member

local campsites

Postby ccorliss43 » Fri Sep 10, 2010 1:35 pm

we had a hard time finding a nearby campsite. apparently there is a NASCAR thing going on and with all the snow birds...we did eventually find somewhere to camp. We are specifically going for the Cabella's thing. so if you are looking for a campsite it is best to try and book something sooner versus later.

carrousel
ccorliss43

PreviousNext

Return to South West