OC... It ain't Orange County...it's Ocean Cove!!!!

California, Nevada, Utah & Arizona includes Nor. Cal, So. Cal, and Arizona Tearjerkers Chapters

Postby grant whipp » Sat Sep 25, 2010 2:43 pm

We'll be there Friday afternoon sometime, and Saturday ... don't know about Saturday night, yet. After drying out in the desert of Nevada for a week, I'm not too sure how I'll adjust to that much moisture ... :thinking: ... :lol: :lol: :lol: ...!

CHEERS!

Grant
Celebrating Retirement after over 32 Years of Building, Promoting, Supporting, Supplying, Living the Lifestyle, and Loving Teardrop Trailers!
"Life Moves a Little Slower When You're On Teardrop Time"
The nature of Life, itself, is change ... "Those who matter, don't mind, and those who mind, don't matter."
grant whipp
Teardrop Manufacturer

Postby triker45 » Sat Sep 25, 2010 5:12 pm

We'll be there Friday afternoon. Jerry, Donna & Sassy
triker45
Teardrop Master

Postby Dean in Eureka, CA » Sat Sep 25, 2010 6:29 pm

Add Gene Barker to the list... :thumbsup:
Dean in Eureka, CA
The Fogcrawler

Postby tupelosue » Sat Sep 25, 2010 6:43 pm

I'm a definite MAYBE!! have to work on sunday.

If I make it i'll bring hot water.
A truly happy person is one who can enjoy the scenery on a detour!

tupelosue
The 300 Club

Postby dguff » Sat Sep 25, 2010 7:29 pm

Kevin A wrote:I forgot about the car show... :? :o

I hope I didn't mess things up for you with too much information. The food will be better at Ocean Cove. Looks like a fun bunch. Right now I am leaning toward the campground.

Guff
Jerome

2008 Guffman
dguff
Platinum Donating Member

Postby Kevin A » Sat Sep 25, 2010 7:31 pm

dguff wrote:
Kevin A wrote:I forgot about the car show... :? :o

I hope I didn't mess things up for you with too much information. The food will be better at Ocean Cove. Looks like a fun bunch. Right now I am leaning toward the campground.

Guff

Me too!!!!! Seeya down there.... :thumbsup:
"Follow me, I'm right behind you"

ImageImage
Kevin A
The other guy

Postby jhb » Sun Sep 26, 2010 9:23 am

martha24 wrote:I just wish Calif wasn't such a LONG state, it just takes too many hours to get to some of these fun events.:wine:

Isn't that the truth, and I've 2 hours less driving than you guys. But with the gas money I save not driving the 700 miles round trip to OC I could spend that at Cabela's (I did get snookered into stopping there by the Az Tear Jerkers, right?...) :R
John B.
I'd rather be camping.
jhb
Gold Donating Member

Postby martha24 » Sun Sep 26, 2010 11:47 am

jhb wrote:
martha24 wrote:I just wish Calif wasn't such a LONG state, it just takes too many hours to get to some of these fun events.:wine:

Isn't that the truth, and I've 2 hours less driving than you guys. But with the gas money I save not driving the 700 miles round trip to OC I could spend that at Cabela's (I did get snookered into stopping there by the Az Tear Jerkers, right?...) :R

Absolutely! :twisted: :lol:
Martha ;)

martha24
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby NutmegJoe » Sun Sep 26, 2010 8:29 pm

martha24 wrote:
jhb wrote:

Absolutely! :twisted: :lol:

Martha - Just do like me and move closer! I will be heading to Nor Cal when I retire from the Air Force next summer to settle down. Can't wait for all the fun I will have camping...now, just have to find a job and a place to live...oh, whatever...there's camping!!!! :R
Shelly
--------------
"Do what you like,
Like what you do"

NutmegJoe
Gold Donating Member

Postby doug hodder » Sun Sep 26, 2010 9:57 pm

jhb wrote:Isn't that the truth, and I've 2 hours less driving than you guys. But with the gas money I save not driving the 700 miles round trip to OC I could spend that at :R

I know what you mean John...just got my bid back from the guy to trim my trees, just 3 this time...and it has to be done. $$$$ ouch...but it's not normal stuff, ever watch the show Heli-logging?...that's what they have to do on mine 100' or so, no helicopters, but ropes and the whole swing from tree to tree thing only lowering the limbs on ropes as it's over a garage. There is a drawback to living in the big woods. This will really cut into the camping funds!

Looking forward to your moving out here Shelly....Doug
doug hodder
*Snoop Dougie Doug

Postby jhb » Mon Sep 27, 2010 12:08 am

doug hodder wrote:...ever watch the show Heli-logging?...that's what they have to do on mine 100' or so,
You mean you can't reach those limbs with a poll saw from the top of your standie? :lol: Yea, I bet that is expensive. But having a limb come down on the garage unplanned can be lots worse. Gotta do what you gotta do. But do have fun at OC! I drove past there on the way back from IRG, looks like a great spot.
John B.
I'd rather be camping.
jhb
Gold Donating Member

Postby Christina » Tue Sep 28, 2010 11:26 am

I'm really going to try to make it to this gathering, I'm trying to pull my husband away from work to come with me. Hopefully Friday evening. :worship:

What's this about the campground versus the group area? I have never been to Ocean Cove before. Where's the best place to camp? View? Wind issues? The photos of the area look fantastic.

I went down to Twin Lakes/Bridgeport this weekend and made my first dutch oven pizza. Thanks for the great recipe and video Dean and Joanie!
Christina
Teardrop Advisor

Postby dguff » Tue Sep 28, 2010 6:18 pm

Christina wrote:I'm really going to try to make it to this gathering, I'm trying to pull my husband away from work to come with me. Hopefully Friday evening. :worship:

What's this about the campground versus the group area? I have never been to Ocean Cove before. Where's the best place to camp? View? Wind issues? The photos of the area look fantastic.

I went down to Twin Lakes/Bridgeport this weekend and made my first dutch oven pizza. Thanks for the great recipe and video Dean and Joanie!

Hi Christina,

The campground is such that there are no specifically designated sites for campers. There are fire rings all over the place but you can put several tears close to a couple of adjacent fire rings and create our own "group" area. The views are great but the better the ocean view the more likely you are to have an ocean breeze. Those who have been there before and arrive early will pick a good spot. I expect to be there Friday afternoon sometime and will just look for those tears already there. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Jerome
Jerome

2008 Guffman
dguff
Platinum Donating Member

Postby cuyeda » Tue Sep 28, 2010 7:36 pm

Sounds like those who do go will have a great time! I wish I could, I wish I could... Perhaps next time if there is a next time, and with a must have TD in tow for the gas mileage. Have a great time, and looking forward to a few pics when you get back.
Why just dance, when you can Salsa!
Cliff & Vanessa
cuyeda
Platinum Donating Member

Ocean Cove Campsite

Postby The Teardrop Nanny » Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:03 pm

8) Hello,
For those of you who saw the Ocean Cove pizza video, could you consider setting up somewhere in that area if you arrive early on Friday A.M. ?? Pretty pleeeeze, as I love the ocean view, wave machine, and surrounding greenery. Bring an extra towel to wipe down the inside of your trailer & camp chairs, and be prepared for wind and fog. It was BEAUTIFUL the days we camped there, but you never can tell along the coast. See ya soon......TDN
Life's uncertain...eat dessert first. Check out our cooking channel for cast iron:
www.youtube.com/outdoorcastironcook Dean & Joanie, your hosts
The Teardrop Nanny
Teardrop Muse

PreviousNext

Return to South West