Nevada Tearjerkers New Years Eve gathering in Las Vegas

California, Nevada, Utah & Arizona includes Nor. Cal, So. Cal, and Arizona Tearjerkers Chapters

Postby goramsey » Tue Dec 28, 2010 9:51 pm

oops!
Last edited by goramsey on Fri Dec 31, 2010 3:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
FACEBOOK: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Ramseys-T ... 4019963253

Hunger makes a thief of any man. ~Pearl S. Buck
Food is an important part of a balanced diet.
Fran Lebowitz
http://www.ramseystravels.com/blog/
http://www.ramseystravels.com
goramsey
The 300 Club

Postby goramsey » Tue Dec 28, 2010 9:52 pm

I forgot to add the red wood deck that I just picked up. Boy, does that work well to stand on while showering.

FACEBOOK: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Ramseys-T ... 4019963253

Hunger makes a thief of any man. ~Pearl S. Buck
Food is an important part of a balanced diet.
Fran Lebowitz
http://www.ramseystravels.com/blog/
http://www.ramseystravels.com
goramsey
The 300 Club

Postby Cliffmeister2000 » Wed Dec 29, 2010 1:00 am

We won't be making it. I am scheduled to work Thursday through Sunday. Have fun, and post some pictures!
God Bless

Cliff

♥God. ♥People.
1 John 4:9-11

My Teardrop build pictures
Cliffmeister2000
Titanium Donating Member

Postby Wolfgang92025 » Thu Dec 30, 2010 11:40 pm

Kathleen & Dave,

If things go well, we will be heading out about 7 AM and should get to camp by about 2 PM. Don't know what do to for the pot luck, sure I'll figure it out once we get there.
Bringing plenty of warm clothes.

see you tomorrow.............

Wolfgang and Candi
Wolfgang

Wolfgang92025
Lifetime member

Postby daveleb55 » Thu Dec 30, 2010 11:58 pm

We look forward to meeting the both of you! We are looking towards the winds dieing down and a cool temp of 40-50. Creative pot lucks are the best.

See you tomorrow!
"Get off the #@$% computer and GO CAMPING!"
daveleb55
Teardrop Master

Postby daveleb55 » Sun Jan 02, 2011 10:42 pm

We are back from the Nevada Tear Jerkers New Year's Eve Gathering. Thank you for everyone who braved the extreme winds and unusually low temperatures. It was a pleasure meeting everyone,sharing stories, wood for the fire and eating wonderful food for our New Years Eve Brunch.

Wolfgang, we enjoyed the potato salad and wonderful traditional German cookies around the campfire.

Bobby, good luck with the jambalaya at the Mesquite Cook Off! You have a winner there!

Carrousel, It was a pleasure meeting you! Thanks for the much appreciated wood. Seeing your vintage trailer was great, but the conversations better.

Joanne, It was great to see you.

Candi, I hope you and Wolfgang enjoyed the Dam Tour today.

I'm sorry I didn't take more pictures. If you have any additional photos of the event. Please post them.

Until the next event, stay warm and enjoy your friends!

Kathleen
"Get off the #@$% computer and GO CAMPING!"
daveleb55
Teardrop Master

Postby Wolfgang92025 » Mon Jan 03, 2011 4:42 pm

Well, made it home safe and sound (in spite of the snow) late last night.

It was great to get to meet some more folks on the forum, even when it was a little cold at night (in the high 20's). Had a very nice pot-luck brunch Saturday. Too busy eating and did not take any pictures of the food. Had a lot of fun and what a way to bring in the New Year with Camping !!! What a great start :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

now the :pictures:

Shot of the San Gabriel mountains with Mt Baldy in the center (part of a mountain chain that forms the LA basin)

Over looking Henderson and the greater Las Vegas area with the snow covered mountains across the valley.

Almost time to eat

My better half trying to stay warm with our kid's in jail :lol: :lol: :lol:

About 3 or 4 miles from camp was an old railroad bed you could hike (3.5 miles to hoover dam, did not find that out till we got back.) Only hiked about 2 miles, but might have gone all the way if we had known.

Views of Lake Mead, with water level being low by over 100 ft, due to several years of drought out in the West.

Side canyon

Drove over Hoover Dam, what a zoo. Had to go past a security check point (terrorist threat). And it seemed like every one had to spend new years day going to see the new bridge and dam. In short people all over the place. Stayed only a short time and had planned to come back the next day to tour the dam.

Camp pictures I got, Garry's rig........

Kathleen and Dave.......

Mine........

Hanging out and soaking up the sunshine to warm up

Left camp about 1PM Sunday. We were both too tired and cold to tour the dam and headed home. Decided after talking to Bobby (bc toys) to take Hwy 95 south and try to avoid the crazy all day rush hour of people leaving Las Vegas on I-15 south bound to LA. The detour worked great, Took I-40 to Barstow and got onto I-15 south and was going great at 60 to 65 until Victorville. Traffic slowed to 5 miles an hour. Great. Starting to get dark, 3 or 4 lanes of traffic, almost a parking lot, and I can see nothing but bright red tail lights for miles with no sign of a wreck or anything. Punched the detour button on the GPS, got off the freeway and made good progress at 40 to 50 mph for the next 5 miles and it felt great seeing all the stopped traffic on the freeway. Now it's starting to snow and my bypass route is also a parking lot.

All the while I was wondering whats going on. Called a friend at home, had him do a quick internet search and found out that Cajon Pass was expected to get 12 inches of snow in the next 8 hours.
:thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

Manged to get back on the freeway and took it real slow to the I-15/I-215 split, where the snow had finally turned to rain. A stretch of road 15 miles long took about 2 1/2 hours to drive due to the snow. Rained the rest of the way home. Woke up to sunshine and had plans to wash the trailer in the afternoon, but now it's raining again. What a winter......

Can't wait till my next trip :thumbsup:
Wolfgang

Wolfgang92025
Lifetime member

Postby S. Heisley » Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:20 pm

Brrrr.... :snow Thanks for all the pictures and the details. I certainly hope your next trip is warmer. It looks like your poor wife came within a few degrees of becoming a human icicle! :snowstorm: I think I would have punched into the GPS to find the nearest campsite and waited until morning to finish the trip. Glad you got home safely.
S. Heisley
Super Lifetime Member

Postby Wolfgang92025 » Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:37 pm

Sharon,

We did briefly discuss that if the freeway got too bad, or was closed we just find a place to park, move the chairs and a couple other things out of the tear and call it home for the night. But even tho we had rotten weather going home, the road was keep open. Heard on the news this morning, folks out on I-5 weren't as lucky. Had snow and ice last night and that they had to close the freeway for the night. Was just not safe. Guess I had some luck on my side.
:thumbsup:
Wolfgang

Wolfgang92025
Lifetime member

Postby bc toys » Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:15 am

Wolfgang let me start by saying it was a pleasure camping with you and Candy and kids(lol) Glad you got home safe and sorry you missed the Damn tour but maybe next time. Hope ya'll enjoyed it as much as we enjoyed having you. Your pics was great . Calico is on the Calendar of events for 2011 April 8,9,10 hope to see you there.
bc toys
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby bc toys » Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:20 am

Gary it was great meeting you again and getting to talk and enjoy camping around you. Hope to see you on the trail again soon. March 11-13 is Boulder Beach again then Calico APRIL 8-10 hope to see ever one there.
bc toys
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby bc toys » Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:25 am

Kathleen and Dave as always its great camping and cooking with you see ya'll around Vegas :lol: your pics are great Cant wait for the weather to start getting warmer so I can get out and camp and stay out side without getting the shakes. :lol: :lol: Remember 1st and 2nd and 2nd and 1st see you Friday Good Luck :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
bc toys
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby bc toys » Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:31 am

Joanne and Kelly glad you got to come out and see (me) us sorry you couldn't camp and cook but just spending time with freinds like you is a great day. Glad you are getting well Joanneand Kelly if need us we are there for you.
bc toys
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby bc toys » Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:35 am

Jim sorry you didn't get to camp with us but glad you got to come out and spend the afternoon with the group. see you on the trail soon have fun in Ymua
bc toys
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby bc toys » Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:38 am

Curiouser glad you and your friends got to come down and spend time with our little group. You have some nice trailers there and hope you get to enjoy them the way I get to enjoy mine even though I didn't have it this weekend I do love my little trailer.
bc toys
2000 Club
2000 Club

PreviousNext

Return to South West