10/29 TREASURE ISLAND TEARDROP M&G REVIEW & PICTURES!!

California, Nevada, Utah & Arizona includes Nor. Cal, So. Cal, and Arizona Tearjerkers Chapters

Re: TREASURE ISLAND TEARDOP MEET & GREET OCT 27th!!

Postby Reddiver » Mon Sep 17, 2012 2:19 pm

I cant speak for anybody else ,as long as there is a porta potty in the morning all is good.. Dont see why anybody would need electricity for a night.. If we could spend the night they would have trailers to display both days. I will be there either way as long as the weather is fair.
Steve
Reddiver
Donating Member

Postby jhb » Mon Sep 17, 2012 2:37 pm

Power? We don't need no sticking power... Porta potty? Well, that would be nice but one can use a bucket. When we did the overnighter at Cabelas in Phoenix we used their restroom before they closed at 8:pm and headed over to a near by restaurant in the morning. I'm sure there is something there.
John B.
I'd rather be camping.
jhb
Gold Donating Member

Postby Reddiver » Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:15 pm

I wish this board had a "LIKE" button like Face book.. I am with JHB
Steve
Reddiver
Donating Member

Postby mercy » Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:22 pm

Argh. I want to go, but I have a race with an 11am start time that day. How long will you be there?
-courtney
practice beautiful randomness and act kinda senseless
mercy
Teardrop Advisor

Postby jhb » Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:24 pm

Reddiver wrote:I wish this board had a "LIKE" button like Face book.. I am with JHB

Not until Thursday, there there is a potty and there is no power! :thumbsup:
John B.
I'd rather be camping.
jhb
Gold Donating Member

Postby TRP » Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:38 pm

SuperShady1 wrote:The date has not changed.

Now who had the brother who is the professional photographer?? :thinking: Guitar is that you or was it TRP?

Dave

That would be me. To be fair - he only moonlights as a pro photographer for the motor sports industry. I asked him if he could make it. He said if he's not in London (his *day job* takes him there a lot), he said he'd be very willing to take photos for us. I told him October 27th. He lives just over in Marin, so it will be pretty easy for him to get over to the island. In the past, he's put his work up on a protected site so people could get copies of the photos. He doesn't usually charge for web ready images. Not sure what he does for the high res images. I told him we'd try to get the photos into Vintage Camper Trailers magazine. :)

Now I just need to get my Benroy done in time for the event. :frightened:

Ted
TRP
Silver Donating Member

Postby SuperShady1 » Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:06 pm

TRP wrote:
SuperShady1 wrote:The date has not changed.

Now who had the brother who is the professional photographer?? :thinking: Guitar is that you or was it TRP?

Dave

That would be me. To be fair - he only moonlights as a pro photographer for the motor sports industry. I asked him if he could make it. He said if he's not in London (his *day job* takes him there a lot), he said he'd be very willing to take photos for us. I told him October 27th. He lives just over in Marin, so it will be pretty easy for him to get over to the island. In the past, he's put his work up on a protected site so people could get copies of the photos. He doesn't usually charge for web ready images. Not sure what he does for the high res images. I told him we'd try to get the photos into Vintage Camper Trailers magazine. :)

Now I just need to get my Benroy done in time for the event. :frightened:

Ted

Thanks Ted!!

Keep us posted on both the trailer and your brother's availability!!

Dave
Its a beautiful world we live in
A sweet romantic place
Beautiful people everywhere
The way they show they care
Makes me want to say

Its a beautiful world
Its a beautiful world
Its a beautiful world

For you, for you, for you

Coleman Keepers 200A Gang

Green Lantern Corpsmen
SuperShady1
500 Club

Postby TRP » Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:23 pm

Will do!

I think the trailer will be close. I managed to get most of the cabinets mounted this weekend. Once I get to the point where I'm on longer drilling holes in the sides, I can apply some aluminum to the exterior and start to make it 'moisture proof'. As you can see from my build thread, it's going to be close. At this point, too close to call from here.

T
TRP
Silver Donating Member

Postby SuperShady1 » Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:39 pm

TRP wrote:Will do!

I think the trailer will be close. I managed to get most of the cabinets mounted this weekend. Once I get to the point where I'm on longer drilling holes in the sides, I can apply some aluminum to the exterior and start to make it 'moisture proof'. As you can see from my build thread, it's going to be close. At this point, too close to call from here.

T
The excitement builds!!

You could be "Best of Show!!"
A sweet romantic place
Makes me want to say

Its a beautiful world
Its a beautiful world
Its a beautiful world

Green Lantern Corpsmen
SuperShady1
500 Club

Postby Gage » Tue Sep 18, 2012 12:31 am

T

Aw, take it unfinished. Some people would like to see a teardrop under construction just to see how they are built. Below is a picture of mine that was requested for RV Crazy. They wanted one in construction. :thumbsup:

Image Image Image
Remember 'Teardrop Time'.......Take your time, you don't have to have it finished NOW.
Gage
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby TRP » Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:31 am

Gage wrote:
T

Aw, take it unfinished. Some people would like to see a teardrop under construction just to see how they are built. Below is a picture of mine that was requested for RV Crazy. They wanted one in construction. :thumbsup:

Okay, okay. I'll be 'that guy'. ;) Heck, I'm just happy to be the owner of my own teardrop, finished or NOT! If the weather is not threatening rain, I will take it in whatever state it's in. I need to repack the wheel bearings since I haven't cleaned them up after I had the frame sandblasted and painted. That's really the only thing I have to get done to tow it the 160+ mile trip (80+ miles each way). I will shift my attention to 'road worthy' status.

Dan - I'm really going to need you to roll behind be and pick up anything that flies off. ;)

Gage - I really love your trailer. The flipper hubcaps are something you don't see every day. Well done.

T
TRP
Silver Donating Member

Postby dano » Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:45 am

I will be proud to roll behind ya. However who will pick up my parts. !!
Lets get together, Id love to see your trailer. (so close by).

Dano
[email protected]
Morgan Hill Ca.
dano
Donating Member

Postby jhb » Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:29 pm

I'll be coming up the 101 from SLO (if it's an overnighter), I'll nab any parts I see... :twisted: :lol:

BTW, I started camping in mine 6 years ago and it's still not finished... :roll:
John B.
I'd rather be camping.
jhb
Gold Donating Member

Postby SuperShady1 » Thu Sep 20, 2012 6:48 pm

Hi Angie,

My plan is to hopefully meet with you and introduce myself perhaps Sept 29th at the Flea Market? Maybe answer questions you may have and provide a sense of comfort on who we are.

So far a lot of tear droppers are very interested in doing a Meet & Greet at the TIFM. Initial Rough count is between 6 to 10 teardrop trailers.

Knowing most people I would say probably 6 or 7. I had gentle inquiries about having a few staying over nite and being available both days.

All of these people are very polite kind and giving people that love all things antique camping/Coleman/kitchy 50’s memorabilia and I guess a time that represents a more relaxed lifestyle.

I am sure that a few will have many odd props to display referencing vintage camping.

Anyway we are excited to meet you and share or teardrops with the public.

Dave
A sweet romantic place
Makes me want to say

Its a beautiful world
Its a beautiful world
Its a beautiful world

Green Lantern Corpsmen
SuperShady1
500 Club

Postby The Teardrop Nanny » Fri Sep 21, 2012 12:30 am

Sounds like a Gathering in progress....thanks for the invite, Dave, but must send regrets as :) I am already "booked" for that date Please let me know when you'll do another and ask again ....
TDN
Life's uncertain...eat dessert first. Check out our cooking channel for cast iron:
www.youtube.com/outdoorcastironcook Dean & Joanie, your hosts
The Teardrop Nanny
Teardrop Muse

PreviousNext

Return to South West