Arizona TearJerkers at Cabelas Show

California, Nevada, Utah & Arizona includes Nor. Cal, So. Cal, and Arizona Tearjerkers Chapters

Re: Hotels

Postby ssrjim » Fri Sep 17, 2010 1:34 pm

Gage wrote:

You must have been reading my mind (ref. PM) ;)

Yep! 8)
ssrjim
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Gage » Sat Sep 18, 2010 2:06 pm

js.mason wrote:I just got a response from Pat Zeeman from Cabelas. This will be a two day event. So if you would like you can spend the night at Cabelas. Be warned, there are no restrooms after 9:00PM when the store closes. :applause:
Need a little help on trying to make a decision. Who all is planning on camping out in the parking lot Saturday night? I know Marianne is thinking about it. I've found a room but can cancel it. And by the way, there are no rooms available in or around Cabelas. It's a NASCAR race weekend.
Image Image Image
Remember 'Teardrop Time'.......Take your time, you don't have to have it finished NOW.
Gage
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby martha24 » Sat Sep 18, 2010 2:48 pm

Gage wrote:
js.mason wrote:I just got a response from Pat Zeeman from Cabelas. This will be a two day event. So if you would like you can spend the night at Cabelas. Be warned, there are no restrooms after 9:00PM when the store closes. :applause:
Need a little help on trying to make a decision. Who all is planning on camping out in the parking lot Saturday night? I know Marianne is thinking about it. I've found a room but can cancel it. And by the way, there are no rooms available in or around Cabelas. It's a NASCAR race weekend.

To me it makes sense to stay Sat night & if camping at Cabelas is the best option, I'm open to that.

For those traveling the Route 66 first, it makes it nice not to have to be in a hurry to get to Cabelas, though I realize some surely have to be home on Sunday to work on Monday. I need to be home before Tues.

So I'm not in a rush to head home, could stay at Cabelas on Sunday during the day or part of the day and head home on Monday. Of course the question then is where do we camp Sunday night? Or how far does one have to go from the Glendale/Phoenix area to find a non full campground? Or drive a few hours so the drive the next day isn't as long. Gage, I'm open to ideas and we are pretty flexible.

For me to get home, according to Google Maps it is basically 8 hours driving time, not counting stopping time. But then we do drive from home to Redding in one day which is about 10 hours total give or take, so doing the drive for us all in one day shouldn't be a problem should we decide to do that. But David doesn't drive late into the night anymore, so it makes it an all day drive.

Since the event isn't until Nov., I figure we have some time to figure all the details out. Though I can see that being Nascar race weekend does complicate things. :thinking:
Martha ;)

martha24
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Oasis Maker » Sat Sep 18, 2010 2:57 pm

martha24 wrote:
Gage wrote:

To me it makes sense to stay Sat night & if camping at Cabelas is the best option, I'm open to that.

For those traveling the Route 66 first, it makes it nice not to have to be in a hurry to get to Cabelas, though I realize some surely have to be home on Sunday to work on Monday. I need to be home before Tues.

So I'm not in a rush to head home, could stay at Cabelas on Sunday during the day or part of the day and head home on Monday. Of course the question then is where do we camp Sunday night? Or how far does one have to go from the Glendale/Phoenix area to find a non full campground? Or drive a few hours so the drive the next day isn't as long. Gage, I'm open to ideas and we are pretty flexible.

For me to get home, according to Google Maps it is basically 8 hours driving time, not counting stopping time. But then we do drive from home to Redding in one day which is about 10 hours total give or take, so doing the drive for us all in one day shouldn't be a problem should we decide to do that. But David doesn't drive late into the night anymore, so it makes it an all day drive.

Since the event isn't until Nov., I figure we have some time to figure all the details out. Though I can see that being Nascar race weekend does complicate things. :thinking:

Assuming of course that you will be taking Interstate 10 back to Cali, stop off at Quartzsite and camp anywhere you want under the desert stars on BLM for free. It's only a couple hours drive from Cabela's. Take off early in the morning and you're good to go. November nights should be cool enough to be very comfortable too.

Scott
Jeeping, Teardropping, and Cycling!......Where To Next?
Jeep Wave>> :peace: <<Jeep Wave
Oasis Maker
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Oasis Maker » Sat Sep 18, 2010 3:09 pm

Dome Rock is pretty cool. It's a little west of Quartzsite. I like to drive back and get a little closer to the mountains. Nice night skies.

Scott

Jeeping, Teardropping, and Cycling!......Where To Next?
Jeep Wave>> :peace: <<Jeep Wave
Oasis Maker
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby jhb » Sat Sep 18, 2010 7:36 pm

I'd be up for the parking lot, just have to remember to use the facilities before 9:pm and have a chamber pot handy for the middle of the night.

I'm headed to Riverside to see my folks on Monday so BLM land on Sunday night is what I'm planning. Dome Rock sounds good.
John B.
I'd rather be camping.
jhb
Gold Donating Member

Postby alffink » Sun Sep 19, 2010 7:40 am

Karen and I haven't decided as yet, while in the area we will have to see the grand kids in Casa Grande, but don't know if we'll actually spend the night there....we normally are up and gone before anyone there is out of bed anyway

As to the drive back, we don't consider that much of a drive and plan to just drive staight back to Rialto, we normally make a stop at Sciroco Summit for an Ice Cream Cone, Thats also the location of the Gen. Patton museum, Patton used the general area around there for training his armor crews during WWII

8)
alffink
Donating Member

Postby alffink » Sun Sep 19, 2010 8:03 am

Sorry,

But speaking of Sciroco Summit, the next exit north will take you into Joshua Tree Nat.Park, if you haven't camped there or just visited there, November is a great time to visit the park.

Joshua Tree is known for it's fabulous rock formations a beautiful skies.

coming off the I 10, just as you enter the park there is a very nice camping area at Cottonwood Springs. Just a few minutes off the highway.

If your not worried about just making time, you can drive all the way through the park, exit at the north end, pick-up the Twentynine Palms Highway, take it west and you will pick up the I 10 again just west of Palm Springs.

Driving through Joshua Tree, the city and Yucca Valley, has the feel of
Rt 66, but still alive, the area has been growing, not dying, so there is a real mix of the fifties, western and modern

This is a great desert area to visit and explore for a weekend
couple of great old dinners in Yucca Valley, just a few miles off the highway, you can find Pioneer town, an old western movie set community.

http://www.pioneertown.com/main.html

On out the 247 you will come to Landers, home of the Integretron and Giant Rock, If you are a UFO buff, this is a must see area.

http://www.integratron.com

This also the location, of my astronomy clubs dark-sky site, we hold star-parties out here most every month, your always welcome to come out and camp with us, Free, and take advatage of the dark skies and many telescopes the really enjoy the view.

That's enough....just an area I happen to know some what.

8)
alffink
Donating Member

Postby jhb » Sun Sep 19, 2010 9:37 am

alffink wrote:Posted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 4:40 am ...we normally are up and gone before anyone there is out of bed anyway
I guess so!
John B.
I'd rather be camping.
jhb
Gold Donating Member

Cabelas Teardrop show

Postby js.mason » Mon Sep 20, 2010 1:51 pm

Cabelas will not allow any commercial porta jons there but you can set up your own porta potty. I am going to have my porta potty set up after 9:00PM near my van. Any one there will be able to use it, but please pick up after yourself. :pinktear:
js.mason
Teardrop Builder

Postby Cliffmeister2000 » Mon Sep 20, 2010 2:13 pm

alffink wrote:...we normally make a stop at Sciroco Summit for an Ice Cream Cone, Thats also the location of the Gen. Patton museum, Patton used the general area around there for training his armor crews during WWII

You mean Chiriaco Summit?

And yes, Joshua Tree National Monument is an awesome place to visit if you've never been there. Amazing how many stars are in the night sky in the desert without light pollution. If you are lucky, you might spot a chuckwalla or a desert collared lizard sunning themselves on the rocks. :thumbsup:

I doubt we will spend the night at Cabella's. We live eight miles from there, so we will visit and then just go home.
God Bless

Cliff

♥God. ♥People.
1 John 4:9-11

My Teardrop build pictures
Cliffmeister2000
Titanium Donating Member

Postby emiller » Mon Sep 20, 2010 2:46 pm

I think I would like t spend the night then go next door for breakfast. 8)
emiller
Donating Member

Postby TheBizMan » Mon Sep 20, 2010 10:50 pm

I only live three miles away, but I'm planning on staying over nite and going to Cracker Barrel with Eddie.
:thumbsup:
Lee - TheBizMan sez
Teardrops make for happy camping
ImageImage
TheBizMan
Gold Donating Member

Postby alffink » Tue Sep 21, 2010 6:34 am

Breakfast at the Cracker Barrel, is always a good idea.
Probably because we don't have any in So Cal, as yet.
Keep hearing that they are going to put one in but.....
I haven't seen it yet.

:thumbsup:
alffink
Donating Member

Postby jhb » Tue Sep 21, 2010 9:25 am

Breakfast is good! :thumbsup:
John B.
I'd rather be camping.
jhb
Gold Donating Member

PreviousNext

Return to South West