Redwoods Revisted - Sept. 16th-18th '05

California, Nevada, Utah & Arizona includes Nor. Cal, So. Cal, and Arizona Tearjerkers Chapters

Postby Gage » Sat Sep 10, 2005 2:33 pm

News Flash :EXP Just got word from the boss, I'll be up there Friday. Hopefully early evening (don't like coming into a campground in the dark). Image

Have a good day.
8)
Image Image Image
Remember 'Teardrop Time'.......Take your time, you don't have to have it finished NOW.
Gage
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby Guest » Sat Sep 10, 2005 5:45 pm

Gage,
That's "Grate!!!" :thumbsup: ;)

For those of you that will be traveling in the dark, here's an old post from the Early Bird thread. (To help Sarge find his way in the dark)

Sarge,
Since you are going to be traveling in the dark...
The campground is about 13 miles East of 101 on Highway 36.
Highway 36 makes a hard right when you get to Hydesville.
After Carlotta try to spot a small store on your right called Martin and Shirley's... Pamplin Grove is just a few twists and turns further past that store. (Just under a mile)
After passing the entrance to Pamplin Grove, you will come to a long straight incline and just after cresting that hill, watch for four brown and white reflective signs all in a row.
One shows a swmmer, one a picnic table, one a camping symbol and the last one is just an arrow pointing to the right.
Take the driveway right after those symbol signs.
There is a sign that says VanDuzen Park/Swimmer's Delight but you might not see that in the dark.
The driveway/entrance is a long straight road that heads down to the river.
Pass the gaurd station and watch for a turn to the left that has One Way signs and an Arrow painted on the road. Take that left and look for #18.

Sarge told me had no problems finding it.
It looks like I'm going to have a pretty screwed up work week, but I'm still going to head out there early. I'm going to try and snag campsites 18, 19, 20, 21 and 22. (Using 18 for late night arrivals since you can just pull over to the side of the road there)
I'll be posting info here in this thread once I get out there and get the campsite situation taken care of...
So check here before you head out.

Postby doug hodder » Sat Sep 10, 2005 6:22 pm

Dean...as it appears like the crowd is growing..Will and I will be there about 1PM on Thurs...We'll stake out several sites like where we were last time...That site I was in can fit about 5+ tears..with lots of room....any 4 footers can go in where Jerome, Sue and I were....I don't know if you could fit a 5 wide through the entrance....Looking forward to seeing you again Gage! Glad too that all the others are coming!!! :thumbsup: ...Doug
doug hodder
*Snoop Dougie Doug

Postby Gage » Sat Sep 10, 2005 6:45 pm

doug hodder wrote:....I don't know if you could fit a 5 wide through the entrance....Looking forward to seeing you again Gage! ...Doug

Hey, if I can get the truck in, the teardrop will follow. :lol:

Have a good day and I'll see you all up there.

8)
P.S. With the fenders on, it's 7' wide. :o
Image Image Image
Remember 'Teardrop Time'.......Take your time, you don't have to have it finished NOW.
Gage
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby doug hodder » Sat Sep 10, 2005 7:12 pm

Gage...it's one of these things that you can pull the truck into the site...unhook and roll the tear off the pad into the trees...the ground is plenty hard and flat with lots of space, but there are barriers in the way so the only way in is between a redwood and some brush...we all hand pushed our trailers through...not enough space to jack a truck around through the opening....but there will be plenty of people to help push...I hope...I almost took off a fender on my own...the dog was absolutely no help....Just in case...I'll bring my chainsaw!!! :lol: Doug
doug hodder
*Snoop Dougie Doug

Postby Mike Ahern » Sat Sep 10, 2005 9:44 pm

Dean,

Nancy and I will be going up on Thursday and will get there apprx. 1:00 PM also. Will try to get a couple extra sites.

Mike A 8)
Mike Ahern
Donating Member

Postby Guest » Sat Sep 10, 2005 10:50 pm

Mike,
Something You and Nancy had at the Early Bird, had an influence on me about the surprises that I've been talking about. :twisted:
(Not Jeep related)
I'm really tickled you guys are going to be able to make it. :thumbsup:
I'm glad so many people are going to be able to come early, because I'm going to be spread out pretty thin this coming week.
It's looking like I may have to bug out early Sunday morning and go do a job which was scheduled for this weekend. (Storefront hasn't shown up yet)

Postby Kevin A » Sat Sep 10, 2005 10:59 pm

Dean, what's the updated head count now? Looks like I gotta ditch my brother & head down there friday after work. :twisted:
"Follow me, I'm right behind you"

ImageImage
Kevin A
The other guy

Postby Guest » Sat Sep 10, 2005 11:32 pm

Kev,
Why ditch him?... Bring him along.
Counting Daisy and Little Dog, it looks like 21 heads right now, your brother will make it and even 22. (OK, now you tell me how many teardrops)

Jan,
What about you and Wolfie, are you guys gonna be able to make it?

Grant,
Will you and Lisa be able to make it?

Hey Gage,
It sounds like you're going to be showing up at dinner time....
What time are you getting there and how do you like your steak?

Postby Kevin A » Sat Sep 10, 2005 11:44 pm

Dean,

I just counted the trailers from this thread, 10 definites & one or two maybe's. I'm coming down one way or another 8) as for my brother, he may show up sometime saturday to check out all the trailers, his plane leaves to go back home about 8 am Sunday. Seems he could have planned a better flight time, I have to head for the airport in about an hour to pick him up tonight, the flight is scheduled to arrive at 11:45 PM and they are notorius up here for delays. Who needs sleep?
:roll: :thumbdown:

ImageImage
Kevin A
The other guy

Postby Guest » Sat Sep 10, 2005 11:51 pm

Kev,
That one maybe is now a yes... 11 teardrops so far.
If you get a chance, try to get in touch with Gary (Ukiah) and see if he can come.
Your Bro's plane should be on time... I just went out to spend a few minutes with the dogs and it's a nice clear night here up on the hill. (Nice crescent moon low in the Southern sky too)

Postby Kevin A » Sat Sep 10, 2005 11:53 pm

Dean,

About the potluck, should I try my "famous" chili again or would it be better if I brought along a bunch of my real specialty, homemade cookies? yeah I really do make them scratch, no frozen cookie dough here.
:whistle: :shhh: :laughter:

ImageImage
Kevin A
The other guy

Postby doug hodder » Sat Sep 10, 2005 11:58 pm

I'm looking forward to "burning" something...whether it is in the oven or the Dutch one...Kevin...you mentioned your cookies in an earlier thread...I want one, or 2 or more!!!!.Doug
doug hodder
*Snoop Dougie Doug

Postby Guest » Sun Sep 11, 2005 12:00 am

... Your "famous " chili. :lol:
Bring what you want, nobody goes hungry...
My kids will like the cookies.
They might tell you a fib and try to get you to believe that I'm The Cookie Monster.... it's just a fib. :yes:

Postby Guest » Sun Sep 11, 2005 12:04 am

I'm looking forward to paying more attention to Lee's dutch oven clinic this time.
Hey Doug,
We forgot to jet off to the store last time to get ice cream to go with the pie... :thinking:

PreviousNext

Return to South West