IRG 5.0 2014

California, Nevada, Utah & Arizona includes Nor. Cal, So. Cal, and Arizona Tearjerkers Chapters

Re: IRG 5.0 2014

Postby The Teardrop Nanny » Fri Jan 03, 2014 5:50 pm

:shock: Brian, you probably just need to refresh the browser, cuz it was up before that time.....but never fear, your Nanny is here. Remind me at the event that you waited up and I'll have a bonus Premium raffle ticket JUST 4 U! :FNP

Also, the SASE is important since I send you it back with your confirmation, and an informational bulletin of what to expect, what to bring, etc. It is your advance notice as not everyone is on the same forum(s) or FB pages, and so forth. That way I don't have to go on the computer, as sometimes I am working from my place where there is no internet.

Looking forward to those envelopes arriving soon. Already busy with plans..... :R
TDN
Life's uncertain...eat dessert first. Check out our cooking channel for cast iron:
www.youtube.com/outdoorcastironcook Dean & Joanie, your hosts
The Teardrop Nanny
Teardrop Muse

Postby Esteban » Fri Jan 03, 2014 7:26 pm

:) Yahoo and yipee, my registration is in the mail. Now I need to pick up the pace on my teardrop project so it is done (are they ever done?) in time for a July road trip and camping at IRG5.0

:thumbsup: :vroom:
Steve - SLO, CA
Esteban
Donating Member

Postby martha24 » Sat Jan 04, 2014 2:44 pm

Esteban wrote::) Yahoo and yipee, my registration is in the mail. Now I need to pick up the pace on my teardrop project so it is done (are they ever done?) in time for a July road trip and camping at IRG5.0

:thumbsup: :vroom:

Steve,
Good to see you on the board. I got my registration mailed yesterday too. Hope to see you at IRG. :thumbsup:
Martha ;)

martha24
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Esteban » Sun Jan 05, 2014 8:57 am

Martha, good to "see" you too. I have a lot of work to do to complete building my teardrop in time for IRG. Paying the registration is a token to make it happen. Hope to see you and your hubby at IRG.

I am thinking of starting a new thread for an after IRG California coast crawl to end up in San Luis Obispo the following Friday. It's 500+ miles from IRG to SLO. Brainstorming the idea to stop over night Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday at places along the coast. Do not have any particular places (firmly) in mind.

Monday might be somewhere near Medocino or Fort Bragg.

Tuesday travel south to Ocean Cove, Point Reyes, or somewhere in or near the S.F. Bay Area.

Wednesday travel south to somewhere in or near the Santa Cruz area. Maybe Big Basin Redwoods or a campground on the coast.

Thursday camp in the Big Sur area.

Friday I would be home in SLO. I tentatively plan to go to the Seven Sisters Fest in SLO, a craft beer and music camping festival. If other people want to attend they can too. Or people might camp nearby. Perhaps at Montana de Oro State Park campground (where we had the first SLO Gathering in 2007) or Morro Bay State Park campground.

If the rest of the group want to continue south they might camp at one of the state park campgrounds on the Gaviota coast on Saturday. Or maybe camp at Lake Cachuma campground in Santa Barbara County, a SB County park. Lake Cachuma campground

If a few people express an interest I will start a separate thread for a "southward after IRG California coast crawl". :thinking: :)
Yes, I woke up early and posted this "crazy" idea. The first SLO Gathering started out with a wild idea too.

The Post IRG California Coast Crawl might look something like this: Post IRG Crawl

It could be shortened to take fewer days.

Or lengthened with more stops, like Bodega Bay, yelp.com/new-brighton-state-beach-capitola or tripadvisor.com/Half_Moon_Bay_State_Beach
Steve - SLO, CA
Esteban
Donating Member

Postby Ron Dickey » Tue Jan 07, 2014 3:19 pm

I should have it in the mail tomorrow, running slow caught a cold. :disappointed:

So if I do not beat out all the other people in my store for the 4th of july weekend can you send us out shirts?? :NC

Ron
Inside almost done--Trolly top has opening windows & roof.doors need assembling--pictured above waley windows..galley 1/3 done
Cross Bow in Build Journals....http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=54108
Ron Dickey
Silver Donating Member

Postby The Teardrop Nanny » Wed Jan 08, 2014 1:41 pm

For you, Ron, I will gladly do just THAT!! :R
I hope your cold is short lived, and your vacation time is approved.
We really hope you and your wife can come.....send in your registration anyway.
Joanie
Life's uncertain...eat dessert first. Check out our cooking channel for cast iron:
The Teardrop Nanny
Teardrop Muse

Postby Joanne » Wed Jan 08, 2014 3:29 pm

Hi all,

Dropping my registration in today's mail. Hope there are still spots available! It will be great to see everyone again.

Hope to see you all then.

Joanne
New! My Camp Cooking Forum

Project Desert Dawg website

Universal Health Care
Health care with the efficiency of the Department of Motor Vehicles
and the compassion of the Internal Revenue Service.
Joanne
Queen of Cast Iron

Postby Esteban » Wed Jan 08, 2014 3:48 pm

Joanne wrote:Hi all,

Dropping my registration in today's mail. Hope there are still spots available! It will be great to see everyone again.

Joanne

Well, if there was any doubt (there wasn't) there would be be good eating and good cheer at IRG it's greatly diminished with news that Joanne is coming. Keep your windows rolled up Joanne!
:)
Steve - SLO, CA
Esteban
Donating Member

Postby Ron Dickey » Wed Jan 08, 2014 4:08 pm

for those who did not know D & J got married at the Dam Gathering last year.

here is one of them sucking face (came from an old movie golden pond)
they got the happy camper award
So the newly weds will be there
and hopefully the paster and his wife will be there too.
and lets not forget the ring bearer
and the whole gang :shake hands: :wine party: :crying2: :dancing: :clapping hands: :thumbs up1: :ok: :wine: :beer: :applause: :thumbsup: ;) :lol: :D

Ron the wedding photographer (there is a first for everything) 8)
Inside almost done--Trolly top has opening windows & roof.doors need assembling--pictured above waley windows..galley 1/3 done
Ron Dickey
Silver Donating Member

Postby Ron Dickey » Wed Jan 08, 2014 4:11 pm

Joanne

Joanie is coming Joanie is coming Joanie is coming Joanie is coming Joanie is coming Joanie is coming Joanie is coming Joanie is coming Joanie is coming Joanie is coming :D
she has this site if you want to learn to cook dutch oven style
http://camp-cook.com/forum/index.php

Hope to see you there
Ron
Ron Dickey
Silver Donating Member

Postby Wolffarmer » Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:57 pm

Joanne

Be great to see you again Joanne.

Oh, when it comes to choosing parking spots I want to be between two dutch oven enthusiasts.

:D Randy
"these guys must be afraid of the dark"
Wolffarmer
Donating Member

Postby mrsanderson » Wed Jan 08, 2014 11:47 pm

We were planning on a near month long trip to IRG and back but as they say, we make plans and God laughs....we've moved my dad-in-law out to Cali from Texas 8) so our camping trips in the next year will be limited. Have fun y'all!! The Deaf Guy and I will be on the trail again but for now, we're sticking closer to home :roll:
5 out of 4 people have a problem with statistics
mrsanderson
Teardrop Advisor

Postby Gage » Thu Jan 09, 2014 4:09 am

Joanne is going to be there. Now I know I have to figure out a way to also be there. My new doctor says it's too far. She also says I need to 'fatten up, that I have lost to much weight. Joanne is just the person to solve that problem. ;)

mrsanderson wrote:..............so our camping trips in the next year will be limited.
There is going to be a few close by in SoCal. Carrousel has one going next month and then another on in June at Woods Valley RV Park in Valley Center. Think about it. I too have to stay close and can only do a couple nights at a time. :thinking:
Image Image Image
Remember 'Teardrop Time'.......Take your time, you don't have to have it finished NOW.
Gage
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby The Teardrop Nanny » Thu Jan 09, 2014 2:19 pm

21 registrants logged in so far.....and today's mail is still to come!! :D

Bless you, mrsanderson for taking in "Pop" to live with you. It was a good plan, but the "Big Guy" above had another in mind for you and your hubby. Another time, plan on it!

Gage, you Will come if you can.....when have you Really ever listened and took the Doctor's advice? Besides, if you are that thin, we can fit you in anywhere. :R

And Ron, thank you for all those wonderful pictures you took at our Dam Wedding.
I got more taken when we had our local reception in September, so I will have plenty of wedding pictures/albums to share at the IRG. :pictures:

Joanne- HOW WONDERFUL that you are able to attend this year. Little Dogs too?? Dean and I have really enjoyed all the IRG's, but there was something so special about our first one...... You really kept the kettles cooking, gal. We would love to have you do a DO/CI demo, if you are so inclined, and will happily film it to share on your forum. Check the PG website for the schedule, but we will gladly do a time which will fit in with yours. Let me know.... :twisted:

Going to go down to the DPW later this afternoon to pay the IRG site deposit, insurance, alcohol fee, and first day's deposit. WE ARE SO COMMITTED NOW!! :money:

My white board (planning tool) is filling up with things to do, and now that I am retired I can do many of them before summertime comes this year. Dean and I are looking forward to another fun filled summer camp with you folks, as we are getting new campers and well as repeat attenders.

This weekend our local FDOS will be holding a D.O.G. in Fortuna, CA>Sunday afternoon. The cooking theme is "Asian Inspired" this time and I just filmed a fried rice video a few weeks back, ( Which will be perfect for this theme , ) so that is what I will cook up.

Joanie
The Teardrop Nanny
Teardrop Muse

Postby Vedette » Thu Jan 09, 2014 9:08 pm

We can't wait to DO cook under the trees with you guys this year! :)
Hope you received our registration by now. :worship:
Good Roads
Brian & Sandi
Good Roads
Brian & Sandi
Here is a link to my Build Journal
viewtopic.php?f=50&t=50912
Image109106109111109110138766
Vedette
Silver Donating Member

PreviousNext

Return to South West