Redwoods Revisted - Sept. 16th-18th '05

California, Nevada, Utah & Arizona includes Nor. Cal, So. Cal, and Arizona Tearjerkers Chapters

Postby Guest » Tue Sep 13, 2005 10:19 am

That was easy...
Found some good fish!!!

Postby tupelosue » Tue Sep 13, 2005 11:20 am

Kevin A wrote:I'm planning to make cookies, Perhaps a cookie poll is in order?

1)Chocolate Chip

2)Peanut Butter

3)Oatmeal

4)All of the above

8)

My vote is #4, #3,#1. i'll pass on the p-nut butter (unless you bring them and they're really really moist and chewy, thenI'll do my share!) :lol:
A truly happy person is one who can enjoy the scenery on a detour!

tupelosue
The 300 Club

Postby doug hodder » Tue Sep 13, 2005 9:22 pm

Dean if you are going to do a fish dish...how about something like a scalloped potatoes thing...or a red beans and rice...or is that what sue is doing from Jeromes recipe...it doesn't sound like anyone is going to go hungry...Doug
doug hodder
*Snoop Dougie Doug

Postby Guest » Tue Sep 13, 2005 9:51 pm

Doug,
I'm going to barbeque salmon Saturday night.
Joanie has a nice piece that she got from her brother and I picked up two nice fillets today from a buddy. (All locally caught)
Another buddy of mine is bringing me some alder chips tomorrow. :twisted:
I know some people might not be too giglish about barbecued salmon and that's OK, but some people REALLY like barbequed salmon and I promise... It won't be dry.

Redwoods Revisited

Postby The Teardrop Nanny » Tue Sep 13, 2005 11:06 pm

Hello to all!

Hope to meet some new folks at RR and visit with the Summer Camp crowd. I work in the area and will be coming down to check on the availability of campsite(s) early on. If the sites Dean had last time are open, I will plop some stuff down to claim ownership of the largest of the two -- far back where Doug, Jerome, Jan & Sue were; and/or the camp next to it where we stayed with Kevin & Lee. Those are both good spots for lots of people to share as well as the one closest to the river. So, if you see a couple of funky chairs and a "soft sided tear" know it's been claimed for the group. P. S. We won't have any pets in our camp, but Dean will be bringing his two kids, ages 11 & 13, and a girlfriend of mine is also coming with her daughter.

Looking forward to a "cool" weekend....remember to bring your jackets, sweatshirts etc. cuz the fog can hang heavy in these trees this time of year. Joanie
Life's uncertain...eat dessert first. Check out our cooking channel for cast iron:
www.youtube.com/outdoorcastironcook Dean & Joanie, your hosts
The Teardrop Nanny
Teardrop Muse

Re: Redwoods Revisited

Postby Gage » Wed Sep 14, 2005 12:08 am

The Teardrop Nanny wrote:Hello to all!
Hope to meet some new folks at RR and visit with the Summer Camp crowd. I work in the area and will be coming down to check on the availability of campsite(s) early on. If the sites Dean had last time are open, I will plop some stuff down to claim ownership of the largest of the two -- far back where Doug, Jerome, Jan & Sue were; and/or the camp next to it where we stayed with Kevin & Lee. Those are both good spots for lots of people to share as well as the one closest to the river. So, if you see a couple of funky chairs and a "soft sided tear" know it's been claimed for the group. P. S. We won't have any pets in our camp, but Dean will be bringing his two kids, ages 11 & 13, and a girlfriend of mine is also coming with her daughter.
Looking forward to a "cool" weekend....remember to bring your jackets, sweatshirts etc. cuz the fog can hang heavy in these trees this time of year. Joanie

Boy I sure hope the locals leave some space for us coming from out of town. I sure don't want to drive for 12 hours to find no room for my 7 foot wide teardrop. :lol:

Have a good day and I'll see everybody Friday evening (I hope)

8)
Image Image Image
Remember 'Teardrop Time'.......Take your time, you don't have to have it finished NOW.
Gage
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby doug hodder » Wed Sep 14, 2005 12:32 am

Will. MikeA and I will be arriving early afternoon on thurs...just for grins...put up a paper plate or something that lets us know that we are not intruding on someone elses site....in case no one is around when we get there....our plan is to leave from here at 6AM....I've been loaded in the truck for days now....hope I've got enough firewood....the dog is spinning in circles, cuz she knows we are going...Gage...not to worry..we'll make sure you get taken care of.....Doug
doug hodder
*Snoop Dougie Doug

Postby Guest » Wed Sep 14, 2005 12:58 am

Gage,
Don't worry, there will be a space available. The campground really slows down after Labor Day. I checked last Thursday and there were only four campsites occupied in the whole entire campground. I'll be posting in this thread early Thursday evening, listing the campsites that we have staked out. Like I said before... If you are going to be arriving around dinner time, let me know about what time and how you like your steak. ;)
Right now, my plan is to get 18, 19, 20, 21 and 22... Using 18 for late night arivals. 18 is an easy site to park tear and tow vehichle in the dark... You just pull off to the side of the road. This group of campsites are right next to the hot showers. I'll save a spot for you, so if you get there before dark you won't need to stop at 18 )
Joanie (The Teardrop Nanny) teaches school in nearby Hydesville, so she's heading out early. I'll be going out sometime late Thursday morning. Doug is coming early Thursday afternoon as well as Mike A. and Will Smith.
We will have plenty of space reserved.
Something that would really help out... Folks that have a good amount of driving time ahead of them, please post a note in this thread and let us know what time you're leaving. That will give us an idea of what time you'll be arriving. Sarge blew my mind last time... He told me that he'd be getting there around midnight. Kevin and I walked around the corner and up the hill to 18 at exact midnight and Sarge was just pulling in.
Currently, there will be 11 trailers and we will easily get them all in 19, 20, 21 and 22 along with all those "soft-siders." I carry a tape measure with me at all times, so I'll double check some of the spaces between posts/trees and make sure we got you covered.
Check for my update early Thursday evening.
Worse case scenario... we end up in a group of campsites in another area of the campground, being just a little further away from the bathrooms with hot showers.
Folks coming in the dark... Please check my "dark" driving tips earlier in this thread.
Here's a seven day weather outlook for the campground: http://www.wrh.noaa.gov/total_forecast/index.php?wfo=eka&zone=caz001&fire=caz201&county=cac023&dgtl=1&lat=40.529583333333&lon=-124.05125
Looks like a high of 78 and low of 47 over the next several days, no rain in the forcast. :thumbsup:

Postby Gage » Wed Sep 14, 2005 2:30 am

Dean, did you miss this?
Gage wrote:P.S. Dean, I also prefer mine to be Medium Rare. Boy with all the food that's going to be there, I think I'll bring a fork & spoon in my pocket and a plate in my hand. ;)

I'm going to try and get out of here around 4:00am :? I'm hoping that will get me up there around 5:00pm. I have to stop for gas every 115 miles (damn old trucks with small tanks. Got to get a bigger gas tank). I just hope I don't have to do a long drive Thursday so I can load the truck and have everything ready to leave first thing Friday.

Say Bill, what time are you going to try and head out? I'll be running up I-5 to 580 and then over to the 101.

Have a good day.

8)
P.S. 78/47 :o Man, I'm going to freeze up there. I guess I better pack my longies :lol:
Image Image Image
Remember 'Teardrop Time'.......Take your time, you don't have to have it finished NOW.
Gage
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby Guest » Wed Sep 14, 2005 3:00 am

Gage,
Yup... I missed that earlier. You might get there, before I get back from my run into town, picking up my kids from school. Medium rare it is...
Just something to think about... Depending on what time of day it is, 580 can get slow because of traffic. (Morning. noon and early evening)
If you get to 580 around noon, you might want to continue up I-5 to 20 at Williams and cut across at the lakes. There's another route that cuts off of I-5 sooner than Williams and dumps into 20, but I can't remember the road #.
I made the mistake of trusting mapquest when I went down to Modesto about a month ago. I got stuck in traffic on 580.... I should have cut across 20 like I always do when heading over to the valley.

BTW- the best "hack-out" truck (Glass truck for doing smaller glass jobs) in Humboldt County is a '56 Ford, belongs to an ex employer of mine.

Oh... Looks like I won't be bugging out early Sunday morning. I won't be receiving those three storefront shipments until next week... My client is HOT!!! :o

Postby Gage » Wed Sep 14, 2005 4:05 am

How is 36 out of Red Bluff?

P.S. I think I'll stay on 580 to stay out of Sacramento. I should hit 580 around 2:00pm. So that should be right in between lunch and the early 'get out of towners'.
Image Image Image
Gage
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby billnut » Wed Sep 14, 2005 4:33 am

Gage the lady at AAA told My wife 36 was undived two lane
with a lot of logging trucks. Up the 5 I go where Sis and I cross over no one knows :?
But we'll get there :lol:
Bill
Grandpa's are just Antique little Boys !
billnut
Silver Donating Member

Postby Kevin A » Wed Sep 14, 2005 9:22 am

Gage wrote:How is 36 out of Red Bluff?

P.S. I think I'll stay on 580 to stay out of Sacramento. I should hit 580 around 2:00pm. So that should be right in between lunch and the early 'get out of towners'.

Gage,

My suggestion would be up I5 to Williams then cut across Highway 20 to 101, 36 isn't the road to take if your trying to make time.
"Follow me, I'm right behind you"

ImageImage
Kevin A
The other guy

Postby Lazybones » Wed Sep 14, 2005 9:33 am

Gage,

I would definately take I-5 norht to Hwy 20 west at Williams and 101 north to the Red woods. The drive on twenty is a bit curvy but it is faster.

Lee
Is it true? Is it necessary? Is it kind? Ask yourself these simple questions every time you are in doubt about any action.
Lazybones
500 Club

Postby Rob » Wed Sep 14, 2005 10:06 am

Gage--
Coming up I-5 you could cut through Woodland on Hwy 16 to Hwy 20 to Hwy 101,:? but you're better off going to Williams then to Hwy 20, which is the route we're taking. I'm hoping to leave Woodland by 2pm, so should be camping by 6.

Rob
Rob
:wine:

:peace:
Rob
500 Club

PreviousNext

Return to South West