IRG 5.0 2014

California, Nevada, Utah & Arizona includes Nor. Cal, So. Cal, and Arizona Tearjerkers Chapters

Re: IRG 5.0 2014

Postby Dean in Eureka, CA » Mon Jan 20, 2014 1:06 pm

We have been contacted by 27 different parties so far and I suspect there are others who haven't received word yet.
Please help get the word out to let folks know. Thank You to everyone who have resent their registrations in and we are Thankful that you still want to join us, here in the redwoods!
Dean in Eureka, CA
The Fogcrawler

Postby Dean in Eureka, CA » Mon Jan 20, 2014 9:44 pm

Dean in Eureka, CA
The Fogcrawler

Postby danlott » Mon Jan 20, 2014 10:11 pm

Have you checked with the post office? Maybe they put the extra mail an overflow box, but did not give you a notice.

Dan
Hoplite Traveler Build thread
Image Image
Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans.
danlott
Donating Member

Postby Esteban » Tue Jan 21, 2014 2:57 pm

danlott wrote:Have you checked with the post office? Maybe they put the extra mail an overflow box, but did not give you a notice.

Dan

Dean or Joanie, Have you contacted the post office (today)? What do they have to say? In the circumstances, it would be great if Dan's idea is right and you can pick up the missing mail. It MIGHT save us a second mailing and some angst. I will wait till later in the day to mail, or not mail, my second registration depending on what you learn and post here. OK?
:thinking:
Otherwise I may send you a registered mail, with a return receipt. :thinking: :) :worship:

1/21/14 2 PM Pacific time edit: I checked my bank account again today. My check for IRG has NOT been cashed yet. I take that as good news in troubling circumstances. If there is no news today, here or at the IRG website, I will send a second registration and check, and have my bank cancel (stop payment on) the first check.
Last edited by Esteban on Tue Jan 21, 2014 5:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Steve - SLO, CA
Esteban
Donating Member

Postby Vedette » Tue Jan 21, 2014 4:38 pm

We have just returned from the bank where they tracked our $68.00 money order.
It has not been cashed to date :applause: so that is good news.
It was made out to Dean so unless someone has gone to the trouble of making fake picture ID in Dean's name it is likely that it won't be :? But you never know?
29 Registrations add up to enough that it might just be worth the effort??? :thinking:
The "Bad" news at this end, is that we have to wait at least 30 days after date of issue (Jan. 3/14) before we can apply for a refund at a cost $25.00.
This added to the $4.00 fee for another money Order plus the Original money Order cost of $4.00 and the exchange rate now Approx. $10.00 brings the extra costs to almost the same amount as the Registration Fee?? :cry:
So hopefully an overflow box of mail at the Post Office is the cause for delay and it will show up!
We too will wait a few more days. :thinking:
We plan to be there come Hell or High Water!
Good Roads
Brian & Sandi
Good Roads
Brian & Sandi
Here is a link to my Build Journal
viewtopic.php?f=50&t=50912
Image109106109111109110138766
Vedette
Silver Donating Member

Postby Wolffarmer » Tue Jan 21, 2014 7:35 pm

I got tied up with some legal matters today and did not get my reregistration sent out. Will wait to see if the PO has been keeping hold of that mail.

No, I was not in jail. Just could not leave the phone to walk out to the mail box. But I sure would like to put someone in jail. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

:x :x :x Randy
"these guys must be afraid of the dark"
Wolffarmer
Donating Member

Postby The Teardrop Nanny » Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:28 pm

Hi all,
We appreciate your patience and understanding in dealing with this unfortunate situation. Dean and I will work with you to rectify any registration "snafus" due to not receiving them that first week. Those parties who registered then have a spot at the IRG. If you had to stop payment on a check or m/o, please PM me the amount you paid to cancel it, if any, and I will pay you back. We regret the angst this has caused to those affected. And we are thankful that you are able to straighten this out with us so we can get on with the fun of planning an awesome camping event, and not sit around stewing about it. Thank you very much,
Joanie
The Teardrop Nanny
Life's uncertain...eat dessert first. Check out our cooking channel for cast iron:
www.youtube.com/outdoorcastironcook Dean & Joanie, your hosts
The Teardrop Nanny
Teardrop Muse

Postby rainjer » Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:43 pm

Joanie - Have you thought about having people PayPal you the funds instead of re-sending check. They can send it as a "gift" and you do not have to pay a fee. PayPal even convert it it to USD if needed.

Jeremy
rainjer
King Koleman

Postby Vedette » Tue Jan 21, 2014 11:39 pm

Oh Ya!
Pay Pal is our friend! :thumbsup:
Sandi and I were just talking about this 10 minutes ago, as a way to collect for the 1st annual Canadian Gathering we are planning for July 24 - 27th 2014 here in Beautiful British Columbia.
Since Dean & Joanie have encountered this misfortune??
I know........What a cheap way to get a plug on someone else's "Thread" :twisted:
Good Roads
Brian & Sandi
Good Roads
Brian & Sandi
Here is a link to my Build Journal
viewtopic.php?f=50&t=50912
Image109106109111109110138766
Vedette
Silver Donating Member

Postby desertmoose » Wed Jan 22, 2014 9:31 am

Okay so I sent our second registration and check out yesterday morning and am keeping my fingers crossed that it makes it through. :worship: Really am hoping to get a confirmation and a spot this year, it will be our first. Thanks for all the hassel you are going through to make this work. Wonder if the post office held back an overload of mail or if some kids were hoping someone paid in cash.

Heres to hoping and watching the mail! :oops:

Sam and Kat
desertmoose
The 300 Club

Postby The Teardrop Nanny » Wed Jan 22, 2014 1:02 pm

Our learning curve is a steep one.... :lol: Life teaches us important lessons, and this time I took lots of notes. :)

"If we knew then, what we know now...." :whistle:
It has been a busy few days for us! :crazy:

Please continue to notify us by PM when you resend your reg. form, and let us know the cost associated with your redoing the entry. Thanks a bunch xoxo TDN
Life's uncertain...eat dessert first. Check out our cooking channel for cast iron:
The Teardrop Nanny
Teardrop Muse

Re: IRG 5.0 2nd registration sent by certified mail 1/22/14

Postby Esteban » Wed Jan 22, 2014 10:03 pm

I sent my 2nd registration today from the post office. They checked Dean and Joanie's address and told me it's valid. It was sent Certified Mail with a Return Receipt and a tracking number. My USPS receipt says delivery is scheduled on Saturday, 1/25/14. Fingers crossed.

I will PM Dean and Joanie with my tracking number so, if they are inclined to, they can track it too. :thinking:

1st edit: PM'd Dean & gave him my tracking number too. Set up email notification so USPS will email me and pamplingroveATyahooDOTcom with shipping progress. Today, Wed. 1/22, it was accepted at the SLO post office and dispatched to the sort facility. Later that night it departed from Goleta.
:thumbsup:
Last edited by Esteban on Thu Jan 23, 2014 12:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Steve - SLO, CA
Esteban
Donating Member

Postby The Teardrop Nanny » Thu Jan 23, 2014 12:22 pm

Thank you for the update, Steve. We hope to see the reg, form(s)ttt arriving again and thank you for tracking it so diligently.
ttfn,
TDN :)
The Teardrop Nanny
Teardrop Muse

Postby Esteban » Thu Jan 23, 2014 1:30 pm

Joanie,I have a PM for Dean in my outbox. It has my USPS tracking number. I "asked" USPS to email me, and your PG@Yahoo account, with updates as the mail moves. I have received several so far. The last one said my letter left the regional sort facility in Goleta, CA last night.

You and Dean put your heart and soul into planning and organizing IRG. Thank you, thank you, thank you. BTW I will not ask you lovebirds to pay any extra mailing or stop payment charges I incur. IRG is a wonderful camping experience worth much more to me than what I paid. Around here state park camping is often $35/nite. For many many reasons IRG is a bargain. It is in a beautiful part of our state, full of old and new friends, fun, relaxing, good story telling, good eating and adventures to look forward to.
:applause: :thumbsup: :applause:
Steve - SLO, CA
Esteban
Donating Member

Postby Gerris » Thu Jan 23, 2014 2:15 pm

Joanie and Dean,

In the Spirit of Pay it Forward, please don't worry about our bank stop fees!
This mail thing has caused you a ton of trouble. I have an inkling of how much work goes into hosting such a gathering and am in awe of your willingness to do so.

We choose to focus on how lucky we are to have a teardrop, jobs, the money and time to travel up to the redwoods.

Looking forward to meeting you both in July (if you receive/accept our registration!)

Cheers!
Eileen and Tim Paine
Gerris
Teardrop Inspector

PreviousNext

Return to South West