SLO Gathering III Sept. 10th to 12th, 2009

California, Nevada, Utah & Arizona includes Nor. Cal, So. Cal, and Arizona Tearjerkers Chapters

Postby 3hansens » Thu Sep 10, 2009 9:55 pm

Sorry for the late notice but we just got word that our friends, the Johnsons, won't be coming. Beaver 17 should be available....

Tim, Margaret, & Nicky
3hansens
Teardrop Inspector

Postby teardrop_focus » Thu Sep 10, 2009 10:57 pm

Thanks again to Esteban for the Newcomer Invite, but I won't be able to even visit for the day as I had hoped...

I've been out of my regular line of work since December last year... over 10 months. I've worked part-time for a machine shop down the street and performed other odd jobs to stay afloat...

I start tomorrow, Friday September 11th (take a moment and remember those who lost their lives on that horrific day), for two days including Saturday, back at my regular work! I'm pretty happy about going back but I couldn't say no to working on Saturday too after being laid off for so long... I may even miss the 'glyphs gathering next weekend if I have to work late next Friday and be back early (5:30 AM) Monday morning...

By this time next year I should have my teardrop finished and be able to take one or two Fridays off for a three-day weekend or two in order to make these late summer/early fall regional T&TTT gatherings... It's extremely disappointing to have to miss these dates after planning on going these last few months... If I'd only been out or work just a little longer... hahahaha... but one can never arrange these things.

Enjoy your SLO garthering, Teardroppers and Tiny Travel Trailer brethren! See you on the road sometime soon.

:campfire: :vroom:

"There is something about these little trailers that brings out the best in people." - BigAl, Scotland, 2010

"Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Nature's peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into the trees...
The winds will blow their own freshness into you and the storms their energy, while cares will drop away like autumn leaves..." - John Muir, 1898

Chris Squier / teardrop_focus :-)~
teardrop_focus
Donating Member

Postby Ken Fincher » Fri Sep 11, 2009 12:46 am

Congrats on your job :thumbsup:

We'll still leave the lights on for ya, well at least the fire burning for ya on that loneliest road in Nevada which at night you should be able to see it from many miles away.
Hope to see ya there, But if not I understand. (We will toast one to your new (old) job.) :beer:

And to everyone attending the SLO you folks all have a safe and great time, & me & Jan hope to see ya all real soon.

Ken F.
Thanks to the Highways & Byways & our National & State Parks,What a beautiful Country we live in.

( www.VegasTeardrop.com )
Ken Fincher
The 300 Club

Postby notned » Sun Sep 13, 2009 6:03 pm

:) We had a GREAT time. It was good to re-connect and good to meet new people, and good food.
notned
Donating Member

Postby sftiggee » Mon Sep 14, 2009 10:54 am

It was a fun gathering, we got to meet new folks, reconnect with some folks we hadn't seen in awhile, and just enjoy ourselves. I didn't get to see everyone's rig because I was busy chasing children, but everyone had a fun time and we look forward to doing that again next year:)
Jolene, Luke, Jackson, Lilianne, and Bandit
2006 Camp-Inn Raindrop Ultra
2007 Dodge Magnum RT
sftiggee
Platinum Donating Member

Postby Italia » Mon Sep 14, 2009 2:43 pm

Two black chairs were left at the common area. Please let me know if they are yours.

Thank you,
Chris
Italia
Teardrop Master

Postby notned » Mon Sep 14, 2009 5:36 pm

I'm pretty sure that they are ours. Confirmation would be if they say restek on them. Oops.

Used to checking around the campsite. Not used to checking the common area. :?
notned
Donating Member

Postby Italia » Mon Sep 14, 2009 6:16 pm

Phil,
I will keep them safe for you until next year . Unless we see you folks sooner.

Chris
Italia
Teardrop Master

Postby Ron Dickey » Tue Sep 15, 2009 3:58 pm

sftiggee wrote:It was a fun gathering, we got to meet new folks, reconnect with some folks we hadn't seen in awhile, and just enjoy ourselves. I didn't get to see everyone's rig because I was busy chasing children, but everyone had a fun time and we look forward to doing that again next year:)

You kids will be older then and maybe you will see more. Nice meeting your sister hope she liked the event, seems like a great auntee to you guys. Maybe you can get her to build her own teardrop and you can camp like the hansens did. Turn her on to the Lady Tears site.
http://tnttt.com/viewforum.php?f=47

Glad to see all you folks, meet new ones. See that 1949 wildgoose, like unit made from a kit, that came out of storage just in time for our event. For those who do not know it was in storgage from 1952 to 2008 perfict condition nor musty smells look brand new including the cloth walls made from WWII army tents. :applause:

The old Coleman Expadition Tent was also a hit. maybe one day they will find one of the first tent trailers to pull behind that 1956 pontiac. Salman and Black with tan top.

What am I saying they were all a hit!!!

Chris you did a great job. and Glad your pup is OK.

Nice as always to see the improvements to everyones trailers.

Next year it may not be at Lopez Lake but more toward Santa Barbara. Always like seeing new places and meeting new folks. And catching up with old freinds too.

Dutch Ovens and Waffels were a hit as usual hope to have an Iron by nest outing.
In time we will down load pixs.
Ron & Luica
Inside almost done--Trolly top has opening windows & roof.doors need assembling--pictured above waley windows..galley 1/3 done
Cross Bow in Build Journals....http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=54108
Ron Dickey
Silver Donating Member

Postby martha24 » Sun Sep 27, 2009 12:49 pm

Well, I finally got my pictures downloaded. I thought I had pictures of all the trailers, but I am missing two. I was sure I took some of Philip and Lisa's trailer but somehow they aren't on the camera :oops: and I forgot mine. :lol:

Anyway it was a nice little group with some returnees and some new, some on the list and some not. Everyone seemed to have a good time and we certainly enjoyed ourselves. Sorry that Steve wasn't able to stop by and wish him the best.

Many thanks to all who set it up. :applause:

Here are the pictures I took.
http://picasaweb.google.com/martha024/SLOO9#
Martha ;)

martha24
1000 Club
1000 Club

Previous

Return to South West