I'm the first to post post IRG?

California, Nevada, Utah & Arizona includes Nor. Cal, So. Cal, and Arizona Tearjerkers Chapters

Postby cherokeegeorge » Tue Aug 01, 2006 5:59 pm

Joanny she may have written the limerick but she didn't have the guts to get up and read it so to the bold (hams) go the rewards. and the truth is without D.O. daves resume we would have had nothin.

P.S.You and Doug were great at the raffle, imagine how funny it would have been if Doug wasn't holding you back. ;)
George

For info on hitch covers
Teardrophitchcovers.com
cherokeegeorge
A Merkin Indian

Postby pgwilli » Tue Aug 01, 2006 6:43 pm

Well we're back home all safe and sound. 1478 miles @ 21.9 mpg.
Sophie and Tashi even acted like the wanted their bath.
Dean & Joanie,
We had a great time.
Thanks for all the hard work putting together a fantastic gathering of so many great people.
:applause:
(pics still on the way)
Paul, Norma & the Girls
2014 Escape 21
2006 Chevy Trailblazer
pgwilli
Lifetime member

Postby Joanne » Tue Aug 01, 2006 9:36 pm

Hi all!!

We got home too late yesterday for me to feel like posting. Today was a looonnnggg day at work. I don't know what I can add to what's been written except WOW! It was an amazing event in an equally amazing setting. I had the pleasure of meeting a number of the asylum patients that I have only known online.

Thank you to all that made this event happen. I can't begin to imagine the amount of work it took to set it all up. I could write for pages and not begin to convey what a wonderful event this was.

Today my friend Kelly asked me if I thought the Desert Dawg would be ready for the next Redwood Gathering. :roll:

Joanne
New! My Camp Cooking Forum

Project Desert Dawg website

Universal Health Care
Health care with the efficiency of the Department of Motor Vehicles
and the compassion of the Internal Revenue Service.
Joanne
Queen of Cast Iron

Postby oklahomajewel » Tue Aug 01, 2006 9:46 pm

Joanne wrote:
Today my friend Kelly asked me if I thought the Desert Dawg would be ready for the next Redwood Gathering. :roll:

Joanne

so Joanne.... where are you at on your build? I thought you were done with the Dawg. Looked at your album/website and hadn't seen you post in a while.

I guess we're all cooking in this heat !!!

Julie
Some things are way over my head !! ...but it keeps me looking UP!
oklahomajewel
3000 Club
3000 Club

Down time

Postby The Teardrop Nanny » Wed Aug 02, 2006 10:00 am

8) Forty five (45) Teardrops, twenty eight massages later, and it's been three (3) days since my last TD Potluck.....not getting anything out of a Dutch Oven to eat seems a little strange, but I'll make it. Perhaps I could get a batch of Jerome's DO cookies?? ;)

After we had a dinner & breakfast together, we sent the Mexican Tear on its way. Finished unloading and returning items, and then I spent the afternoon lollygaggin around in the HOT Eureka (70F!!) sun, catching up on the accumulated mail and watering the yards and gardens. Dean & I took a L O N G hot tub and relaxed thoroughly. Now I'm heading up to the hills to check on the summer house (& water More) and see how things are faring with all the forest fires breaking out around us Trinity Co. Back soon with an IRG update. Gracias, Merci bien, thanks again for your wonderful words.

TDN
xoxo Joanie :R
Life's uncertain...eat dessert first. Check out our cooking channel for cast iron:
www.youtube.com/outdoorcastironcook Dean & Joanie, your hosts
The Teardrop Nanny
Teardrop Muse

Postby Joanne » Wed Aug 02, 2006 3:28 pm

Hey Julie!

I'm still making progress. It seems like the closer I get to being done the more details pop out at me. In terms of real construction I need to finish installing the doors, rebuild the windows and finish the hatch. The hatch is built, but needs sanding, another coat of resin, then primer and paint. Then it's into the detail work that I've glossed over during the build.

Of course the Redwood gathering has me thinking about whether I can retrofit some of those great ideas. Even though I've spent years looking at pictures there is nothing like seeing the trailers in person. It gives those great ideas "life" that just can't be seen in pictures.

My recommendation to everyone who is considering building a tear or are just getting started, attend a gathering!!! There just isn't a substitute for seeing the trailers in person and talking with the folks who built them. Good ideas spawn more good ideas. Take a camera for pictures of those great details and a notebook to write down your ideas or to draw sketches.

Joanne

oklahomajewel wrote:
so Joanne.... where are you at on your build? I thought you were done with the Dawg. Looked at your album/website and hadn't seen you post in a while.

I guess we're all cooking in this heat !!!

Julie
New! My Camp Cooking Forum

Project Desert Dawg website

Universal Health Care
Health care with the efficiency of the Department of Motor Vehicles
and the compassion of the Internal Revenue Service.
Joanne
Queen of Cast Iron

Postby Steve E » Wed Aug 02, 2006 4:49 pm

Thanks to Dean, Joanie, Kevin and Doug for making the Redwoods truly an experience....So much went into the planning and we will all remember this for many moons to come. And Food......We are still FULL!!!!!!
Nice meeting all of you...Now can put faces to the posts.... Steve E and Patty :applause:
Steve E
Platinum Donating Member

Re: Thank you for your kind words

Postby Dean Williams » Wed Aug 02, 2006 5:32 pm

The Teardrop Nanny wrote:
Dean W. no, not 'my Dean', thanks for keeping in touch as you made your trek back to Idaho. Hopefully nothing DROPPED in unexpectedly on you this time. :O

Joanie

Well, I made it back to the land of ID last night, with no additional "sky is falling" incedents!
What a great bunch of folks teardroppers are!
Like Joanne, I have so many new ideas to help me finish out my tear, and seeing the "real thing" really helps.

Thanks again to Joanie and "her" Dean for putting on the whole shebang, Doug and Rocky for the epoxy seminar, Lee and Dave for the DO cooking class, and Kevin for so much of the needed fill in work. I know there are a lot of people in the background to put on such a great gathering, too!

Also, all who donated gifts for the raffle. What a generous bunch!

I had a great time, and got to spend nine nights in my teardrop. I'd do it again anytime. Ten days, 2094 miles and 85 gallons of liquid gold later, and I'm still smiling. :)

Kudos to you all. What a super event to have for my first time at a teardrop get together. :applause: :thumbsup: :D
Dean (no, not that Dean. The other Dean.)

...Hooked. Hooked bad.
Dean Williams
Teardrop Master

Postby Steve E » Wed Aug 02, 2006 10:06 pm

Glad to hear you made it home Dean without incident. Nice meeting you and was a great event and one we will not soon forget....Steve E and Patty
Steve E
Platinum Donating Member

Postby Dean Williams » Wed Aug 02, 2006 11:12 pm

Oh, something I chickened out on when the time came. The limerick reading/contest. I was writing one when Joanie came by after "the sky fell" on Friday. Got it done, but got cold feet by Saturdays' reading time. Guess I'll put it here.

From Tater State, the teardrop rolled,
To meet with more...50 all told.
To the Pamplin Grove,
The "Other Dean" drove,
For campin', DO's, and slugs for the bold.

Sorry I didn't do the Manly thing and read it at the IRG, Dean and Joanie. I was going through my registration packet this evening and came across it. Hope it's not "Better never than late"! :oops:

...Hooked. Hooked bad.
Dean Williams
Teardrop Master

Postby bledsoe3 » Wed Aug 02, 2006 11:19 pm

Good one Dean! Do you have any pictures of the "widow maker" damage?
If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always got.
bledsoe3
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby Dean in Eureka, CA » Wed Aug 02, 2006 11:28 pm

Wow... I didn't even know that happened, tell me more.
Dean in Eureka, CA
The Fogcrawler

Postby bledsoe3 » Wed Aug 02, 2006 11:29 pm

Guest wrote:Wow... I didn't even know that happened, tell me more.

Not you, the other Dean. :lol:
If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always got.
bledsoe3
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby Dean Williams » Wed Aug 02, 2006 11:29 pm

I'll get some up when I post some of my shots of the IRG. It certainly made a mark on one side of the hatch hinge, and on the hatch itself there is a small hole that water will come through. It make a heck of a bang!
The thing weighs about five pounds and I could hear it whistling all the way down from the tree tops. I didn't know what that whistle was until it hit. Then I knew, all right!

...Hooked. Hooked bad.
Dean Williams
Teardrop Master

Postby Dean Williams » Wed Aug 02, 2006 11:34 pm

Guest wrote:Wow... I didn't even know that happened, tell me more.

A piece of branch about the size of a fat billy club fell from the tree I was parked under, and hit my tear. I kept the branch. A fair sized shillelagh!

Break out the Bondo.

...Hooked. Hooked bad.
Dean Williams
Teardrop Master

PreviousNext

Return to South West