FDOS Overnite DOG Campout...

California, Nevada, Utah & Arizona includes Nor. Cal, So. Cal, and Arizona Tearjerkers Chapters

FDOS Overnite DOG Campout...

Postby Dean in Eureka, CA » Tue Mar 06, 2007 12:15 pm

The Fortuna Dutch Oven Society will be hosting an overnight *DOG campout at Prairie Creek Redwoods State Park on April 14th, 2007. The park is located just North of Orick, CA. The DOG campout will be at the famed Elk Prairie. If you wanna get away for a weekend jaunt, this place is easily worth the drive. Ancient redwoods, Roosevelt Elk herds and Fern Canyon are a few of the sights to behold at this wonderous place. Cost is $20.00 for camping or $6.00 for day use only.
Contact Mike Johnson at [email protected] by the 14th of March if you plan to camp overnite.
Bring your dutch ovens/fixins' and be prepared to have an awesome weekend!!!
Oh... Might wanna be sure to bring a camera too. :thumbsup:

One more thing... If you're into mountain biking, there is an awesome 20 mile loop ride!!! :thumbsup:

Here's a link to the park... http://www.parks.ca.gov/?page_id=415

*DOG - Dutch Oven Gathering
Dean in Eureka, CA
The Fogcrawler

Postby bobhenry » Tue Mar 06, 2007 1:05 pm

There is something inherently wrong with a post that has the words recipe, dutch oven,fixin's, and dog in the same paragraph.

Dog lovers unite this practice must be stopped ! :x

Just kidding Dean :lol:
Growing older but not up !
bobhenry
Ten Grand Club
Ten Grand Club

Postby Dean in Eureka, CA » Tue Mar 06, 2007 1:57 pm

Bob,
You need to attend a DOG and get yourself a couple of dutch ovens. I too, thought the use of those three letters was odd at first. Those thoughts were put to rest, because the 'ol brain learned to associate great food in the outdoors when the term DOG came up. :thumbsup:
Now I like the term DOG... It's so hip that it hasn't even been Wiki'd yet as far as Dutch Oven Gatherings go. 8)
BTW- It's used internationaly too... 8)
Believe me... There is nothing you can't make in a dutch oven. :thumbsup:
Dean in Eureka, CA
The Fogcrawler

Return to South West