Who's going to Mendocino?

California, Nevada, Utah & Arizona includes Nor. Cal, So. Cal, and Arizona Tearjerkers Chapters

Postby billnut » Tue Jul 17, 2007 4:37 pm

:D Rain is good Dean if my pants are wet I can blame the rain :lol:
Bill PS Tell me about the Skunk I think I would like to ride
Grandpa's are just Antique little Boys !
billnut
Silver Donating Member

Postby dmb90260 » Tue Jul 17, 2007 4:46 pm

billnut wrote::D Rain is good Dean if my pants are wet I can blame the rain :lol:

The train station is directly behind and next door to the brewery. I have been told that the half trip lets you see everything. The full trip goes out past the foggy coastal areas and is more dry vegetations and trees, not as nice.
Dennis
Join the Kenskill Karavan at:
http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/kenskill_karavan/
Real Men cook with Black Iron
The Buzz In the Dale: The Buzz In The Dale
dmb90260
Titanium Donating Member

Postby triker45 » Tue Jul 17, 2007 6:34 pm

Howdy Jim, If you decide to leave on Thursday and want a place to stop you are more than welcome to stop at my place. I am about 5 hours from Portland. My place is 2 miles off 199(Redwood Hightway) and 4 miles north of the California border. We plan on leaving early Friday morning. Give a shout if interested and I'll pm directions. Jerry
triker45
Teardrop Master

Postby bledsoe3 » Tue Jul 17, 2007 9:24 pm

triker45 wrote:Howdy Jim, If you decide to leave on Thursday and want a place to stop you are more than welcome to stop at my place. I am about 5 hours from Portland. My place is 2 miles off 199(Redwood Hightway) and 4 miles north of the California border. We plan on leaving early Friday morning. Give a shout if interested and I'll pm directions. Jerry

That's a very nice offer Jerry. I'll shoot you a PM if I decide to take you up. I should know buy tomorrow night.
Thanks again, Jim.
If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always got.
bledsoe3
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby Eunice » Wed Jul 18, 2007 9:30 am

dmb90260 wrote:
billnut wrote::D Rain is good Dean if my pants are wet I can blame the rain :lol:

The train station is directly behind and next door to the brewery. I have been told that the half trip lets you see everything. The full trip goes out past the foggy coastal areas and is more dry vegetations and trees, not as nice.

When I rode the skunk it was great fun. From Willits to Northspur
(1/2 way) is an open train. You sit on benches looking out. It is really pretty. Saw some animals. Northspur is set up with booths. They sell food jewlery tee shirts etc. From Northspur to Willits is the SuperSkunk. An old train. Mom told stories about her traveling from Arkansas ot Washington on one. The bathroom is huge! The school teacher from Willits was on the trains with his guitar and sang to us. It was one huge party and great fun. Everyone should experience it.
Eunice
Eunice
former director
Jefferson State Chapter
TearJerkersImage
Eunice
Jefferson State Tearjerker

Postby tupelosue » Wed Jul 18, 2007 9:31 am

Pam! We will miss your teardrop spirit in Mendocino.

so sorry you can't make the trip. On the drive home from Minden i got a glimpse of just how far it is to cross utah, nevada and california and why it's not a piece of cake for a weekend trip. Really appreciate your making it to Shasta!

Someday we'll all be retired like Billnut and a little weekend jaunt to colorado can take 7-10 day, no problemo :lol: :lol:

see you sometine, somewhere, somehow!

sue 8)
A truly happy person is one who can enjoy the scenery on a detour!

tupelosue
The 300 Club

superskunk

Postby Eunice » Wed Jul 18, 2007 9:32 am

Sorry about the typo. Superskunk runs from Northspur to FORT BRAGG. Also the Skunk was shut down for a period of time and has reopened. I do not know how it is now. Make sure to check.
Eunice
Eunice
former director
Jefferson State Chapter
TearJerkersImage
Eunice
Jefferson State Tearjerker

Postby Ron Dickey » Thu Jul 19, 2007 6:04 pm

sdtripper2 wrote:Will anyone coming uP from the South to the lighthouse have a CB radio?

I will be monitoring Channel 37 if IC another TearDrop.

I gave away my CB to a family moving to washington in 2 cars, I guess I should price one they are great on the road set on the truckers channel they will tell you who what or to slow down ahead.

If I do not get one I will bring my scanner it gets me the weather channels, forrestry and most emergancy channels.

Ron
Inside almost done--Trolly top has opening windows & roof.doors need assembling--pictured above waley windows..galley 1/3 done
Cross Bow in Build Journals....http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=54108
Ron Dickey
Silver Donating Member

Postby dguff » Thu Jul 19, 2007 8:01 pm

I am going to miss the fun and games and food. Since my surgery two weeks ago I am just not able to get around very well with a cast from hip to toes. Dean picked up his loaner tear today and Dolores and I plan to make it next year.

Jerome :(
Jerome

2008 Guffman
dguff
Platinum Donating Member

Postby tupelosue » Thu Jul 19, 2007 8:41 pm

Jerome, so sorry you can't make it. you should check out these walkers!!!

http://www.kneewalkerrental.com/

http://store.devinemedical.us/knee-walk ... hgodggMXtQ

http://www.activeforever.com/p-1344-drive-knee-walker

See you next time, or sooner?!?!?

Sue

tupelosue
The 300 Club

ED AND MARTHA SPOTTING!!

Postby tupelosue » Thu Jul 19, 2007 8:46 pm

i was cruising north along hwy 101 this afternoon, making warp speed of about 18 miles per hour from the Golden Gate onward, and spotted a Teardrop!!!

Pulled alongside and yelled at them, inquiring if they are headed to Mendocino??

Yep. It was Ed and Martha, and they said a little further back was another teardrop, but i missed who it was.

So that was about 4:30 or so, marin county. after they get thru Santa Rosa they will be making good time, arriving....later tonight!

I'll be pulling in sometime saturday morn. see you then, if anyone is still home...

tupelosue
The 300 Club

Previous

Return to South West