So-Cal Chapter of TearJerkers forming

California, Nevada, Utah & Arizona includes Nor. Cal, So. Cal, and Arizona Tearjerkers Chapters

Postby Gage » Sat Sep 22, 2007 3:44 am

dhazard wrote:Help! Is Manteca part of the Jefferson State Chapter or is it So-Cal? :?

Dan, Seeings how the State of Jefferson claims the northern part of California, I would say if your below the state line your in Southern California. :lol: So come on into the So-Cal Chapter. I'm going to look into a chapter gathering up on hwy 49 sometime net year. I also have some other camp sites in mind on the western side of the Sierra's. :thumbsup:

P.S. Then again you could belong to both chapters. :?
Image Image Image
Remember 'Teardrop Time'.......Take your time, you don't have to have it finished NOW.
User avatar
Gage
8000 Club
8000 Club
 
Posts: 8321
Images: 28
Joined: Sat Apr 17, 2004 9:14 pm
Location: Palmdale, CA

Postby dhazard » Sat Sep 22, 2007 8:18 am

Stuck in the middle again… :(
ImageImageImage
Many miles and many tears. Times were hard but now they're changing.
You should know that I'm not afraid.
User avatar
dhazard
Donating Member
 
Posts: 1070
Images: 122
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2005 11:08 pm
Location: Manteca CA

Postby Eunice » Sat Sep 22, 2007 10:24 am

dhazard wrote:Stuck in the middle again… :(


Jefferson State would love to have you. even if you belong to so cal chapter. that way you get the best of both worlds

Eunice
Eunice
former director
Jefferson State Chapter
TearJerkersImage
User avatar
Eunice
Jefferson State Tearjerker
 
Posts: 1440
Images: 109
Joined: Sun Jul 30, 2006 4:25 pm
Location: northern California, Fortuna
Top

Postby martha24 » Sat Sep 22, 2007 11:55 am

dhazard wrote:Stuck in the middle again… :(


Dan, which way do you prefer to travel? North or South? Could make the choice that way. If you like to drive both ways, you could belong to both & have the best of both worlds.

California is funny in how it perceives things. People from true southern CA tend to see Santa Barbara - San Luis Obispo counties as central. True northern CA sees that area as southern & your area as central, but southern CA sees your area as more northern. :?
When my daughter went to UC Berkeley, that was considered there as NorCal & UCLA as SoCal. So I guess it all depends on how you want to perceive yourself. :lol:

Other than the SLO gathering, its all a long drive for us but going toward southern ca is the shorter distance but then going through LA can be a pain in the ..... :roll: :lol:
Martha ;)

Image
User avatar
martha24
1000 Club
1000 Club
 
Posts: 1353
Images: 237
Joined: Thu Aug 03, 2006 4:32 am
Location: Calif., Goleta
Top

Postby mfkaplan » Sat Sep 22, 2007 11:59 am

Dan, I'm in the middle too. I think you are the nearest tear to me going north. The central part of the valley really doesn't have many tears. I'm certainly in northern CA but the Jefferson state area is far to the north. Can one be a member of both groups? I go to gatherings in both directions. Where ever I go, its a long drive.
Mary
Mom's Nest
User avatar
mfkaplan
Gold Donating Member
 
Posts: 241
Images: 50
Joined: Wed May 24, 2006 10:51 pm
Location: California, Atwater
Top

Postby halfdome, Danny » Sat Sep 22, 2007 12:06 pm

martha24 wrote:
dhazard wrote:Stuck in the middle again… :(


Dan, which way do you prefer to travel? North or South? Could make the choice that way. If you like to drive both ways, you could belong to both & have the best of both worlds.

California is funny in how it perceives things. People from true southern CA tend to see Santa Barbara - San Luis Obispo counties as central. True northern CA sees that area as southern & your area as central, but southern CA sees your area as more northern. :?
When my daughter went to UC Berkeley, that was considered there as NorCal & UCLA as SoCal. So I guess it all depends on how you want to perceive yourself. :lol:

Other than the SLO gathering, its all a long drive for us but going toward southern ca is the shorter distance but then going through LA can be a pain in the ..... :roll: :lol:

Being a Southern California native my take on where S. Ca is depends on climate and population & then geographic location. Yosemite is considered Centeral California and since Dan is close by, that would be his location too.
ImageImage
"Conditions are never just right. People who delay action until all factors are favorable do nothing". William Feather
Don't accept "It's Good Enough" build to the best of your abilities.
Image
Teardroppers Of Oregon & WashingtonImage
User avatar
halfdome, Danny
*Happy Camper
 
Posts: 5378
Images: 152
Joined: Sun Aug 14, 2005 11:02 pm
Location: Washington , Pew-al-up
Top

Postby 1849 » Sat Sep 22, 2007 1:40 pm

I'm in, even though I won't have my teardrop until mid-to-late next year. Looking forward to a possible Hwy 49 gathering.

Elliot
Lower California
Image
"Could you kindly tell me, friend, what time the show begins?"
User avatar
1849
Teardrop Advisor
 
Posts: 65
Images: 5
Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2007 6:37 pm
Location: Lower California
Top

Postby grant whipp » Sun Sep 23, 2007 5:36 pm

Just to add to the confusion ...

... but to help clear things up ...

... Jefferson State does not lay claim to any part of Northern California. We have annexed much of Far-Northern-CA, but to us and many former-FN-CA residents, Northern CA has always been from roughly Yua City south to roughly Visalia/Porterville.

Central CA ...! Whazzzat ...? Never heard of such a place ...!

:lol: ... :lol: ... :lol: ... :lol:

BTW - we don't care where you live ... it's where your mind is at! If you have a Jefferson State of Mind, then you are in the State of Jefferson! ... :thumbsup: ... :thumbsup: ...

CHEERS!, Y'All ...

Grant

www.jeffersonstate.com
Celebrating Retirement after over 32 Years of Building, Promoting, Supporting, Supplying, Living the Lifestyle, and Loving Teardrop Trailers!
"Life Moves a Little Slower When You're On Teardrop Time"
The nature of Life, itself, is change ... "Those who matter, don't mind, and those who mind, don't matter."
Image
User avatar
grant whipp
Teardrop Manufacturer
 
Posts: 1813
Images: 117
Joined: Sun Jan 16, 2005 2:00 pm
Location: Jefferson State ('tween CA & OR!)
Top

Postby Ma3tt » Sun Sep 23, 2007 5:41 pm

Please extend No Cal to include Ventura County. I refuse to be lumped in with the El Lay crowd just because I have geographical deficiencies! 8)
Be Good
1967 Siesta del Sobrino "Standy"
If you lived here... you would be home by now.
http://www.Camp-Cook.com
User avatar
Ma3tt
Dutch Oven GURU
 
Posts: 1140
Images: 179
Joined: Tue Apr 19, 2005 10:19 am
Location: Noodleberry Park. Ca.
Top

Postby Juneaudave » Sun Sep 23, 2007 6:28 pm

Grant Whipp wrote: BTW - we don't care where you live ... it's where your mind is at! If you have a Jefferson State of Mind, then you are in the State of Jefferson! ... :thumbsup: ... :thumbsup: ...

CHEERS!, Y'All ...

Grant

www.jeffersonstate.com


I don't think the Juneau Chapter is quite ready yet...Maybe I could be a member "at large"???? Would I have to buy a dutch oven???

:R :R :R
User avatar
Juneaudave
Super Duper Lifetime Member
 
Posts: 3192
Images: 372
Joined: Sun Jul 03, 2005 12:11 pm
Location: Juneau, Alaska
Top

Postby martha24 » Sun Sep 23, 2007 10:52 pm

Grant Whipp wrote:

Central CA ...! Whazzzat ...? Never heard of such a place ...!

:lol: ... :lol: ... :lol: ... :lol:



Grant,
I think Central CA is a state of mind too. Its those people who don't see themselves as part of Northern CA or Southern CA. :R I'm not far enough north to be Northern CA, but I don't feel like Santa Barbara county is totally part of So Cal either. I would say its true of San Luis Obispo county & Kern county (Bakersfield) as well.

So far out of 3 gatherings we have gone to, 2 were in Jefferson State according to the website map. I just wish it wasn't such a long drive especially with the 55 mph trailer speed limit. :?
Martha ;)

Image
User avatar
martha24
1000 Club
1000 Club
 
Posts: 1353
Images: 237
Joined: Thu Aug 03, 2006 4:32 am
Location: Calif., Goleta
Top

Postby dmb90260 » Mon Sep 24, 2007 9:32 am

martha24 wrote:
Grant Whipp wrote:

Central CA ...! Whazzzat ...? Never heard of such a place ...!


Grant,
I think Central CA is a state of mind too. Its those people who don't see themselves as part of Northern CA or Southern CA.


I think it is very obvious that we need a third group in CA.

MUDDLE CA TEARJERKERS

:? :CC :yes: :chicken: :scratchthinking: :vroom:
Dennis
Join the Kenskill Karavan at:
http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/kenskill_karavan/
Real Men cook with Black Iron
The Buzz In the Dale: The Buzz In The Dale
User avatar
dmb90260
Titanium Donating Member
 
Posts: 1681
Images: 131
Joined: Wed May 12, 2004 1:44 pm
Location: Lawndale, California
Top

new chapter

Postby Eunice » Mon Sep 24, 2007 10:14 am

dmb90260 wrote:
martha24 wrote:
Grant Whipp wrote:

Central CA ...! Whazzzat ...? Never heard of such a place ...!


Grant,
I think Central CA is a state of mind too. Its those people who don't see themselves as part of Northern CA or Southern CA.


I think it is very obvious that we need a third group in CA.

MUDDLE CA TEARJERKERS

:? :CC :yes: :chicken: :scratchthinking: :vroom:


careful Dennis. I didnt say much more than that and I was voted in as director of a new group!
Director Jefferson State Chapter
Eunice
Eunice
former director
Jefferson State Chapter
TearJerkersImage
User avatar
Eunice
Jefferson State Tearjerker
 
Posts: 1440
Images: 109
Joined: Sun Jul 30, 2006 4:25 pm
Location: northern California, Fortuna
Top

Postby Italia » Mon Sep 24, 2007 11:19 am

[/quote]


I think Central CA is a state of mind too. Its those people who don't see themselves as part of Northern CA or Southern CA. :R I'm not far enough north to be Northern CA, but I don't feel like Santa Barbara county is totally part of So Cal either. I would say its true of San Luis Obispo county & Kern county (Bakersfield) as well.

So far out of 3 gatherings we have gone to, 2 were in Jefferson State according to the website map. I just wish it wasn't such a long drive especially with the 55 mph trailer speed limit. :?[/quote]


I agree with you Martha we are not Norhern or Southern Ca. Maybe we need a Central Coast Tear Jerkers and then we won't have to travel as far to gatherings. :)

Chris
Italia
Teardrop Master
 
Posts: 226
Images: 5
Joined: Tue Nov 15, 2005 1:39 pm
Top

Postby dmb90260 » Mon Sep 24, 2007 1:30 pm

Italia wrote:I agree with you Martha we are not Norhern or Southern Ca. Maybe we need a Central Coast Tear Jerkers and then we won't have to travel as far to gatherings. :) Chris


Poor Manteca... left out of another group.
How deep would that Coast go? All of San Joaquin Valley would be ignored along with all the gold country not in Jefferson.
Will you have a bottle of Pinot Noir on your decal? And a clam or two?
Dennis
Join the Kenskill Karavan at:
http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/kenskill_karavan/
Real Men cook with Black Iron
The Buzz In the Dale: The Buzz In The Dale
User avatar
dmb90260
Titanium Donating Member
 
Posts: 1681
Images: 131
Joined: Wed May 12, 2004 1:44 pm
Location: Lawndale, California
Top

PreviousNext

Return to South West

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest