Considering No Mendocino Coast Campout this year

California, Nevada, Utah & Arizona includes Nor. Cal, So. Cal, and Arizona Tearjerkers Chapters

Considering No Mendocino Coast Campout this year

Postby Lazybones » Fri Jan 04, 2008 9:47 pm

Due to the the close proximity of the IRG2.0
I am thinking of not putting on the campout this year.

I did find an alternate camp ground that on the albion river; but would need to make reservations.

What do you guys think???

Let me know.
Lee
Is it true? Is it necessary? Is it kind? Ask yourself these simple questions every time you are in doubt about any action.
Lazybones
500 Club

Postby bledsoe3 » Fri Jan 04, 2008 9:55 pm

I had a great time there last year, but it might be competing with with those who come from out of state.

I do hope to see the Cali group at the The Dam Gathering and the IRG 2.0.
If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always got.
bledsoe3
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby tupelosue » Fri Jan 04, 2008 10:30 pm

gosh, lee, it's become a tradition, you can't stop now!!! remember, IADY???

altho, there's that little l--- ta--- s--ot-- r---y to think of, eh???

tee hee, I know where you're going :lol: :lol: ;)

It will be sad to not go to Mendocino, I'll have to come up with somewhere else to go. Actually, thought I might turn the redwoods trip into a longer one somewhere...it is pretty close to the same time as Mendo, might be hard to do both.

I think I need to get some welding done on my teardrop,. might need a hitch receiver on the back!
A truly happy person is one who can enjoy the scenery on a detour!

tupelosue
The 300 Club

Postby dhazard » Fri Jan 04, 2008 10:38 pm

I would like to do a campout at that campground during abalone season. How about mid Jun (after school is out) or late August? Then we can have some fresh Abalone for the potluck. :chips: :Flippin Burger: :campfire: :picnic:
ImageImageImage
Many miles and many tears. Times were hard but now they're changing.
You should know that I'm not afraid.
dhazard
Donating Member

Postby Lazybones » Sat Jan 05, 2008 12:28 am

tupelosue wrote:gosh, lee, it's become a tradition, you can't stop now!!! remember, IADY???

altho, there's that little l--- ta--- s--ot-- r---y to think of, eh???

tee hee, I know where you're going :lol: :lol: ;)

It will be sad to not go to Mendocino, I'll have to come up with somewhere else to go. Actually, thought I might turn the redwoods trip into a longer one somewhere...it is pretty close to the same time as Mendo, might be hard to do both.

I think I need to get some welding done on my teardrop,. might need a hitch receiver on the back!

Hey Sue,
I still want to have the gathering but am afraid no one will show up as the Irg2 has chosen the same month and so close to mine.

If I don't get much feed back I do have the rally. If I go do you want to also?
Is it true? Is it necessary? Is it kind? Ask yourself these simple questions every time you are in doubt about any action.
Lazybones
500 Club

Postby martha24 » Sat Jan 05, 2008 1:12 am

Lee,
We enjoyed ourselves last year :thumbsup: , but with the drive distance & planning on going to IRG2, it wouldn't work for us this year.
Martha ;)

martha24
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Esteban » Sat Jan 05, 2008 1:24 am

Lee, with gas over 3 bucks a gallon multiple Nor Cal gatherings are a budget and a time issue. It's unlikely I'd attend both Mendo and IRG2.0. Maybe doing it on alternate years to IRG would be an idea if you want a "big" turnout.

The Albion River Campground looks enticing if that's the location you have in mind for your gathering. It could be a nice stop on my way up to, or back from, Dean's IRG. If you don't care if your gathering is a big one go for it. A small gathering, if that's how it worked out, would be plenty of fun too.
Are there thieving raccoon packs at Albion River? :thinking:
Last edited by Esteban on Sat Jan 05, 2008 1:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Steve - SLO, CA
Esteban
Donating Member

Postby Dean in Eureka, CA » Sat Jan 05, 2008 1:35 am

Lee,
I'm thinking that it would be a real good idea to do it the weekend before, giving folks a chance to hit another gathering only a few hours away from Pamplin... I know that TDN and I would be there in our finished Little Feather. :yes:

I'd hate to see the tradition broken. :cry:

Besides... Albion looks great!!! :thumbsup:

Heck... If you extended a bit and made it a long weekend, folks could drive from one gathering to the next. :thinking:
Last edited by Dean in Eureka, CA on Sat Jan 05, 2008 1:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dean in Eureka, CA
The Fogcrawler

Mendo pre-party/gathering to IRG2.0?

Postby Esteban » Sat Jan 05, 2008 1:38 am

Lee, a second thought. Maybe you could have a pre-IRG gathering/party for people to come camp by the ocean in Mendo for a day or two before heading over to the redwoods. That'd be fun and it might attract a good turnout. It'd make Nor Cal an even better destination for people, like myself and others, traveling from far away. Not much more travel time or gas cost and more fun to be enjoyed. 8) :thumbsup: :D
Steve - SLO, CA
Esteban
Donating Member

Postby Esteban » Sat Jan 05, 2008 1:43 am

Good idea Dean! (Wow, it looks like Dean and I are thinking alike!) :thumbsup: :applause: 8) :) :D :worship: :twisted:
Steve - SLO, CA
Esteban
Donating Member

Postby Dean in Eureka, CA » Sat Jan 05, 2008 1:57 am

Heck Yaa... Folks coming from the South end of the state would not encure major added gas costs to get another gathering under their belt.
Yaa Know... Even if you can't extend the gathering into Tuesday or even Monday, there's always Swimmers Delight right next to Pamplin to hang for a day if you have to end Albion CG on Sunday...
And... As of right now, Pamplin is rented on that Monday, but not Tuesday, which means we might be able to get into Pamplin on Tuesday at noon if nobody takes that Tuesday.

Lee... Mendo is too beautiful to pass up, let's do the gatherings back to back and give the folks good memories of Northern California to take back home with 'em..
Dean in Eureka, CA
The Fogcrawler

Postby Gage » Sat Jan 05, 2008 2:12 am

That'll even make it easier for me to talk Tanya into getting to the IRG on Monday (to be first in line at the gate). :twisted: :lol: Oops, not Monday but Tuesday. :yes:
Image Image Image
Remember 'Teardrop Time'.......Take your time, you don't have to have it finished NOW.
Gage
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby Dean in Eureka, CA » Sat Jan 05, 2008 2:15 am

:lol:
I've had my fill of being first in line that should last me for about two years...
Dean in Eureka, CA
The Fogcrawler

Postby Esteban » Sat Jan 05, 2008 2:18 am

Please, please, please Lee!
Dean wrote: Lee... Mendo is too beautiful to pass up, let's do the gatherings back to back and give the folks good memories of Northern California to take back home with 'em..
Steve - SLO, CA
Esteban
Donating Member

Postby Gage » Sat Jan 05, 2008 2:19 am

Dean in Eureka, CA wrote::lol:
I've had my fill of being first in line that should last me for about two years...

Well at least there wasn't a blizzard this year. ;)
Image Image Image
Remember 'Teardrop Time'.......Take your time, you don't have to have it finished NOW.
Gage
8000 Club
8000 Club

Next

Return to South West