Who's going to the Dam Gathering from SoCal

California, Nevada, Utah & Arizona includes Nor. Cal, So. Cal, and Arizona Tearjerkers Chapters

Who's going to the Dam Gathering from SoCal

Postby Gage » Mon Apr 14, 2008 1:48 am

We'll be headed up Wednesday April 30th with a stop over either just below or above Sac. (most likely above) and then go on up to Shasta Thursday. Anyone want to tag along or join us somewhere and caravan on up together? As soon as I figure out which camp ground we're going to stay at Wednesday night I'll let you all know. Maybe some of the Central Californians can meet up at the camp ground and go on up together. :thinking:

Up-Date: We're going to spend Wednesday night at Camper's RV Park/Golf in Dunnigan. The RV park is on the West side of I-5. Then it's just about a 2 hour drive on up to Antlers.
Image Image Image
Remember 'Teardrop Time'.......Take your time, you don't have to have it finished NOW.
Gage
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby Dean_A » Mon Apr 14, 2008 6:21 pm

I'm scrambling with my build to get ready for the IRG, but there's no way I'll be ready for the Dam Gathering. Maybe next year.
Dean_A
Gold Donating Member

Postby Gage » Mon Apr 14, 2008 9:02 pm

Dean_A wrote:I'm scrambling with my build to get ready for the IRG, but there's no way I'll be ready for the Dam Gathering. Maybe next year.

Hey Dean, take your time and work steadily. You rush it and you'll start making mistakes. Like you said, there will be another Dam Gathering.

Look at it this way, your a lot future along than I am with my sister's teardrop and it to has to be finished by the IRG 2.0. And what, Me Worry? Well not right now.
;)
Image Image Image
Remember 'Teardrop Time'.......Take your time, you don't have to have it finished NOW.
Gage
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby Dean_A » Tue Apr 15, 2008 11:00 am

Gage,
No problem there. I don't have the time to rush it even if I wanted too. I'm not retired like a lot of you lucky dogs! :cry:
I did manage to finally get the hatch built. I think it's about time to post some new build pics.
--Dean
Dean_A
Gold Donating Member

Postby dmb90260 » Tue Apr 15, 2008 4:03 pm

I will be waving from I-5 as I drive past. I am headed to Portland for the weekend. it would be nice to attend but I already have 2.5 weeks booked and no one leaves a house empty for three weeks around here.

Have fun....

Gage:
We missed you last weekend at Ojai. Because they could not book the full campground or at least that area, I ended up at the next camp site about .5 miles away. It was not great for visiting but I had a fine shady spot and half of the trailers in the other site had no shade. Aside from that it was a good rally, 30+ trailers with 3-5 teardrops. There was a Ken-skill kamper, a home built and one made in Canada but no one I recognized.
Very low key and pleasant, down to 40 on Friday night and over 90 on Saturday but the pot luck was great as were the waffles each morning.
Dennis
Join the Kenskill Karavan at:
http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/kenskill_karavan/
Real Men cook with Black Iron
The Buzz In the Dale: The Buzz In The Dale
dmb90260
Titanium Donating Member

Postby Gage » Tue Apr 15, 2008 4:52 pm

dmb90260 wrote: Gage:
We missed you last weekend at Ojai. Because they could not book the full campground or at least that area, I ended up at the next camp site about .5 miles away. It was not great for visiting but I had a fine shady spot and half of the trailers in the other site had no shade. Aside from that it was a good rally, 30+ trailers with 3-5 teardrops. There was a Ken-skill kamper, a home built and one made in Canada but no one I recognized.
Very low key and pleasant, down to 40 on Friday night and over 90 on Saturday but the pot luck was great as were the waffles each morning.

I forgot all about it. Worked on the truck all last weekend trying to get it finished so I can take it to Shasta. It's so close. :) I had a spot in with the main body but because of some miscommunication, I didn't commit to going. I'll be at Pismo with the Dalton next month.
Image Image Image
Gage
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby dmb90260 » Tue Apr 15, 2008 5:33 pm

Gage wrote: I'll be at Pismo with the Dalton next month.[/i][/b]

Polish up your fork, waffles will up most mornings.
Dennis
Join the Kenskill Karavan at:
http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/kenskill_karavan/
Real Men cook with Black Iron
The Buzz In the Dale: The Buzz In The Dale
dmb90260
Titanium Donating Member

Postby Roly Nelson » Fri Apr 18, 2008 1:00 am

Well Gage, I would have liked to join you on your way up to Shasta, but Ollie is having some tendon repair surgery on her heel bone. She is gonna be laid up for some time, and I'm afraid our summer teardropping will have to take a back seat for a while.

Oh my Gosh, how can I cook for the 2 of us, I can hardly cook anything for myself that is fit to eat? Hmmm, a good time to lose some weight.
Roly......... :cry: ,
See the little 1/2 Nelson Woody constructions pics at: http://gages-56.com/roly.html
Roly Nelson
L'il Ol' Woody Builder

Postby grant whipp » Fri Apr 18, 2008 1:51 am

Hey there, Roly!

Sorry to hear that you and Ollie won't be able to make it to Shasta this year ... you two will be missed! Give our best to Ollie, and we hope her heel heals quickly! Is that going to effect your trip to the IRG2.0? Didn't I hear you guys were planning on attending? Sure hope you can make that one, and we'll look forward to seeing you there!

As alway, then ...

CHEERS!

Grant
Celebrating Retirement after over 32 Years of Building, Promoting, Supporting, Supplying, Living the Lifestyle, and Loving Teardrop Trailers!
"Life Moves a Little Slower When You're On Teardrop Time"
The nature of Life, itself, is change ... "Those who matter, don't mind, and those who mind, don't matter."
grant whipp
Teardrop Manufacturer

Return to South West