Ocean Cove pics....5/28-5/31/09 got the rest up.

California, Nevada, Utah & Arizona includes Nor. Cal, So. Cal, and Arizona Tearjerkers Chapters

Ocean Cove pics....5/28-5/31/09 got the rest up.

Postby doug hodder » Sun May 31, 2009 10:41 pm

I'd imagine that everyone is back from Ocean Cove by now. It was a really good time. Overcast yeah...but hey, it's Northern Ca. coast, it happens. Weather really was with us on this one. No rain or wind to speak of, no real low fog, it was maybe down on the hill about half way in the mornings, but didn't deter any of us from camping activities. You could hear the ocean and the sea lions at night.

Dan Hazard made dives on 2 days and got his limit on Abalone so it was good eating and gave him a chance to try out the new inflatable.

We had 10 tears. 8 regulars, and a couple from Cloverdale that had heard that there was going to be a gathering. They had some really nice Kit Clones! Some other No. Cal regulars showed up to support the gathering and have a visit. Hope you like your new tear Dave! A couple of other tent campers came over and got interested, ate dinner with us, made smores, shared the campfire and Josh admitted that he had drawn up some plans on a paper towel for a tear. Projection DVD and the works! We all razzed him but were encouraging on building what he wants. Everyone gave many tours, a lot to the big RV types.

Steve E, feeling his oats with his new found expertise on the waffle iron treated us all to waffles, Courtney/ Roy did some awesome maple and pecan scones, Jerome a jambalaya, big Al's chili, Mike A's famous potatoes, Carol a great layered dip, and Dan and Theresa did Abalone 2 nights, and a great fruit upside down cake. Me...I managed to burn a pan of brownies...did back up and cooked bacon for breakfasts.

I found the secret to keeping ice...just don't let Jerome get into the cooler and fish it all out for beverages....can't complain...I'm guilty also Jerome! Always fun camping with you....

The shoreline...

Dan and Theresa discuss the days diving...

5 of 10 tears.

Buddy, Mike A's dog....I miss Daisy, so he's my replacement. Big as a moose and an equally large heart....a great "puppy" that got new parents at the IRG 1.0!

A good time was had by all! Doug
Last edited by doug hodder on Thu Jun 04, 2009 1:13 am, edited 4 times in total.
doug hodder
*Snoop Dougie Doug

Postby Juneaudave » Sun May 31, 2009 10:58 pm

Great pics and those are sure a nice group of tears!!! Thanks for shoring, wish I were there!!! :thumbsup:
Juneaudave
Super Duper Lifetime Member

Postby tupelosue » Sun May 31, 2009 11:57 pm

Enjoyed the trip report and pics! Thanks Doug!

Had to work so couldn't make it. thought of coming up for the day, but didn't.

in the pic of 5 trailers (I only see 4...maybe doug's hatch door?) is that someone's foot sticking out of Dan's tongue box? And has he also added a 2nd story outhouse?

Miss everybody and hope to see you all soon.
A truly happy person is one who can enjoy the scenery on a detour!

tupelosue
The 300 Club

Postby teardrop_focus » Mon Jun 01, 2009 2:29 am

Doug

We had 10 tears. 8 regulars, and a couple from Cloverdale that had heard that there was going to be a gathering. They had some really nice Kit Clones! Some other No. Cal regulars showed up to support the gathering and have a visit. Hope you like your new tear Dave! A couple of other tent campers came over and got interested, ate dinner with us, made smores, shared the campfire and Josh admitted that he had drawn up some plans on a paper towel for a tear. Projection DVD and the works! We all razzed him but were encouraging on building what he wants. Everyone gave many tours, a lot to the big RV types.

Arghh... my heart aches; I want to be teardroppin' real bad. :-( *sigh*

:campfire:

I've almost completed the tweaks to my tear's profile! :-)~ Just need to do revisions to two curves... I let each revision sit on the wall next to my monitor for a few days...

Steve E, feeling his oats with his new found expertise on the waffle iron treated us all to waffles, Courtney/ Roy did some awesome maple and pecan scones, Jerome a jambalaya, big Al's chili, Mike A's famous potatoes, Carol a great layered dip, and Dan and Theresa did Abalone 2 nights, and a great fruit upside down cake. Me...I managed to burn a pan of brownies...did back up and cooked bacon for breakfasts.

Sound like everything was delicious!

:Flippin Burger: :beer:

"There is something about these little trailers that brings out the best in people." - BigAl, Scotland, 2010

"Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Nature's peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into the trees...
The winds will blow their own freshness into you and the storms their energy, while cares will drop away like autumn leaves..." - John Muir, 1898

Chris Squier / teardrop_focus :-)~
teardrop_focus
Donating Member

Postby dguff » Mon Jun 01, 2009 8:14 pm

Many thanks to Dan and Doug for organizing the gathering and picking the site. It's a really beautiful location. If anyone else can make it next year it really should be on your list. A fun time was had by all even if the racoons did raid Doug's ice chest for cubes. It wasn't me, nobody saw me, you can't prove it!!!! Campfires morning and night, sea lions barking, somebody snoring, dolphins porpoising just offshore, Fort Ross just down the road and sick jokes at all hours. For a car nut it was fun to run with a Morgan group on the way down and a Corvette outing on Highway 1 on the way home. There were also about 6 or 7 early 60's Porsches in Mendocino on Sunday. See y'all next year.

Jerome :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Jerome

2008 Guffman
dguff
Platinum Donating Member

Postby Kevin A » Mon Jun 01, 2009 9:20 pm

dguff wrote:Many thanks to Dan and Doug for organizing the gathering and picking the site. It's a really beautiful location. If anyone else can make it next year it really should be on your list. A fun time was had by all even if the racoons did raid Doug's ice chest for cubes. It wasn't me, nobody saw me, you can't prove it!!!! Campfires morning and night, sea lions barking, somebody snoring, dolphins porpoising just offshore, Fort Ross just down the road and sick jokes at all hours. For a car nut it was fun to run with a Morgan group on the way down and a Corvette outing on Highway 1 on the way home. There were also about 6 or 7 early 60's Porsches in Mendocino on Sunday. See y'all next year.

Jerome :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Can't blame it on me this time. :lol:
"Follow me, I'm right behind you"

ImageImage
Kevin A
The other guy

Postby Dean in Eureka, CA » Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:34 pm

God's Honest Truth...
I camped right next to Kevin at Stafford Meadows this past weekend and I didn't hear him snoring... Not even once.
Well yaa... I heard him make other sounds that sounded somewhat similar, but we were awake and had just eaten about an hour earlier. :R
Dean in Eureka, CA
The Fogcrawler

Postby Kevin A » Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:48 pm

:gas: :gas: :gas: :gas: :gas: :gas:
"Follow me, I'm right behind you"

ImageImage
Kevin A
The other guy

Postby Ken Fincher » Tue Jun 02, 2009 3:07 am

Glad to hear everyone had a great time.

Doug I thought you we're going to take your inflatible I did'nt see any pics of it in the water, I must of miss understood :thinking:

:roll: [quote]sea lions barking, somebody snoring, dolphins porpoising just offshore :shock:

Maybe some of the noises dguff heard was'nt what he thought they we're :laughter:

All kidding aside sounds like there was plenty of great food & great people, & another place with beutiful scinery.
:thumbsup: To you all.

Ken F.
Thanks to the Highways & Byways & our National & State Parks,What a beautiful Country we live in.

( www.VegasTeardrop.com )
Ken Fincher
The 300 Club

Postby doug hodder » Tue Jun 02, 2009 10:01 am

Ken...Dan has the inflatable. Well, I have one also but my party doll won't float a couple of people and it looks silly with an outboard mounted on it.
:lol:

It was probably me snoring, something gave me some allergy problems over there and I woke up with a throat that indicated I had been sawing logs. Sorry Jerome... :oops: Doug
doug hodder
*Snoop Dougie Doug

Postby dhazard » Tue Jun 02, 2009 7:49 pm

Thanks to all that made it. For those that didn’t make it you missed a fun weekend, and I hope you can make the next one. I also want to do a special thanks to Doug for taking charge and picking out the area that we camped in. AND A BIG THANKS TO ALL THAT HELPED WITH THE BOAT. I didn’t bring a camera with so please post any pics that you can.

Thanks to all Dan
ImageImageImage
Many miles and many tears. Times were hard but now they're changing.
You should know that I'm not afraid.
dhazard
Donating Member

Postby Steve E » Wed Jun 03, 2009 11:59 am

Dan and Theresa:
Thanks for introducing us to such a pretty spot to camp along the coast and also for treating us all to the deliciously prepared abalone. Was an enjoyable relaxing weekend with the best of company. Look forward to camping there again. Enjoy your new boat!!!!!!!! :)
Patty & Steve!
Steve E
Platinum Donating Member

Postby doug hodder » Thu Jun 04, 2009 12:59 am

Here's some other pics from the gathering.....

Courtney at the galley, great scones, maple/pecan...check the canisters, she keeps DO's in them!

A view from up on the hill behind us, Jerome and Carols tears.

Steve and Patty E...finally a pic of them...now you know who they are!

Some seaside spring time plants....

On the way home, doesn't look too twisty here but it was waaaay twisty, great drop offs to the ocean! Doug

doug hodder
*Snoop Dougie Doug

Postby Miriam C. » Thu Jun 04, 2009 10:02 am

:o :shock: Doug did pictures! :D Just kiddin Doug! Thanks for the views. Make ya wanna travel............ :thumbsup:
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Postby mercy » Mon Jun 15, 2009 12:30 pm

way late, but here's shots roy took while we were out.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/26876114@N ... 698903115/

8)
-courtney
practice beautiful randomness and act kinda senseless
mercy
Teardrop Advisor

Next

Return to South West