2nd Gathering at the Glyphs...9/18-9/20/09!

California, Nevada, Utah & Arizona includes Nor. Cal, So. Cal, and Arizona Tearjerkers Chapters

2nd Gathering at the Glyphs...9/18-9/20/09!

Postby doug hodder » Fri Jun 19, 2009 12:43 am

After some discussion about the first gathering of the Glyphs it was discussed that another one would be in order, a date was pre-determined...18,19,20 of Sept.. We had some rather funky weather on the first one...snow and some early morning temps down to the mid 20's, but hot chocolate, coffee, biscuits and gravy made for early morning wakeups! It was really cool to get up, with a dusting of snow on the valley floor and look across who knows how many miles and see the headlights of a car some 30 miles away chugging across HWY 50...the loneliest highway in the US, while we sipped our morning beverage.

The weather outlook is typically better in the fall for warmer days and nights. Regardless of the weather, I think it was a really good time, the snow melted off quickly, a fire was burning about the entire time, and the food was excellent as was the conversation, camaraderie, star viewing etc.... It was some real off the grid type camping in the old west, lots of nearby local history, mining districts, petroglyphs, etc.... No power, no water, (joked with Steve Tripp about washing out my socks) but no one went for lack of water, had a pit toilet. This is the type of camping that brings out the best in people. This time....should be better for getting in the hot springs. So who is planning on making this trip in the fall? I know I'll be there. Just a heads up so you all can plan on it. Doug
Last edited by doug hodder on Sun Jun 21, 2009 9:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
doug hodder
*Snoop Dougie Doug

Postby teardrop_focus » Fri Jun 19, 2009 1:23 am

Thanks for the heads up! :thumbsup:

I would very much like to make this one, even though I'm still tent camping... it depends on work, 'cause there hasn't been much. I'll more than likely be busy at work then, but will try to make it anyway!

I was this --->||<--- close to driving to the 1st Glyphs Gathering two months ago... Image

:Flippin Burger: :campfire:

doug

We had some rather funky weather on the first one...snow and some early morning temps down to the mid 20's, but hot chocolate, coffee, biscuits and gravy made for early morning wakeups! It was really cool to get up, with a dusting of snow on the valley floor...

...the snow melted off quickly, a fire was burning about the entire time, and the food was excellent as was the conversation, camaraderie, star viewing etc.... It was some real off the grid type camping in the old west, lots of nearby local history, mining districts, petroglyphs, etc.... No power, no water, (joked with Steve Tripp about washing out my socks) but no one went for lack of water, had a pit toilet. This is the type of camping that brings out the best in people.

Yeah, and the pics were beautiful! I really want to camp there...
Last edited by teardrop_focus on Mon Jun 22, 2009 12:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

"There is something about these little trailers that brings out the best in people." - BigAl, Scotland, 2010

"Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Nature's peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into the trees...
The winds will blow their own freshness into you and the storms their energy, while cares will drop away like autumn leaves..." - John Muir, 1898

Chris Squier / teardrop_focus :-)~
teardrop_focus
Donating Member

Postby grant whipp » Fri Jun 19, 2009 3:25 am

Aye!

The Teardrop Gods be willin' an' the creeks don't rise ... :thumbsup: ...!
Celebrating Retirement after over 32 Years of Building, Promoting, Supporting, Supplying, Living the Lifestyle, and Loving Teardrop Trailers!
"Life Moves a Little Slower When You're On Teardrop Time"
The nature of Life, itself, is change ... "Those who matter, don't mind, and those who mind, don't matter."
grant whipp
Teardrop Manufacturer

Postby alffink » Fri Jun 19, 2009 9:16 am

Sorry Doug

Can't make it this time around, had a ball in April....and for those that were concerned about the weather, the snow was merly a side light that just helped to make the weekend memorable.
But, in September my calendar runith over.... just not enough weekends

see ya around another campfire soon.
alffink
Donating Member

Postby Kevin A » Fri Jun 19, 2009 9:18 am

I'm planning on it. :thumbsup:
"Follow me, I'm right behind you"

ImageImage
Kevin A
The other guy

Camping trip

Postby danlott » Fri Jun 19, 2009 2:04 pm

I am planning to make it, will not have a teardrop with me though. :(

Dan
Hoplite Traveler Build thread
Image Image
Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans.
danlott
Donating Member

Re: Camping trip

Postby High Desert » Fri Jun 19, 2009 2:10 pm

danlott wrote:I am planning to make it, will not have a teardrop with me though. :(

Dan

I won't have one either Dan but I'm going to try and make a day trip of it :thumbsup:
Shaun

"it's not the years honey, it's the mileage"
High Desert
Platinum Donating Member

Postby doug hodder » Fri Jun 19, 2009 9:59 pm

Soft sided tears (tents) are welcomed! Doug
doug hodder
*Snoop Dougie Doug

Postby High Desert » Fri Jun 19, 2009 10:42 pm

doug hodder wrote:Soft sided tears (tents) are welcomed! Doug

Thanks for the info Doug. My back doesnt do tents well anymore but for this I'd think about it. DW said without the TT a day trip sounds wonderful :lol:
Shaun

"it's not the years honey, it's the mileage"
High Desert
Platinum Donating Member

Postby MOKI SEAKER » Sat Jun 20, 2009 12:20 pm

Hey Doug, I am wondering since the Great Basin Tearjerkers need to do a gathering in Sept. if we could combine the groups there in Austin. There are only 3 or four of us now and two of those went to your last meet in Austin?? Just wondering...Jim G
If you don’t read the newspaper, you are uninformed.. If you do read the newspaper. You are misinformed.
Mark Twain
MOKI SEAKER
The 300 Club

Postby doug hodder » Sat Jun 20, 2009 3:44 pm

Jim, I can't imagine why not. I wonder how crowded it possibly could be at that time of year? No reservations, first come, first served etc....I'd probably get there on Thurs, but would be tough to hold an entire campground. There is also a campground at Bob Scotts summit which isn't too far away. Doug
doug hodder
*Snoop Dougie Doug

Postby triker45 » Sun Jun 21, 2009 5:10 pm

We'll be there for this one. Jerry and Donna
triker45
Teardrop Master

Postby Christina » Wed Jun 24, 2009 4:50 pm

I will be there. We just drove through the Austin area and the hills were full of wildflowers. It has been really wet here this Spring, so maybe it will stay green. :D
Christina
Teardrop Advisor

Postby jhb » Thu Jun 25, 2009 9:28 am

I've got to be In Jackson Hole on the 19th, but I'm planning to spend the night at Austin on the 17th. So I'll see the early birds and put a "Reserved for Teardrop" sign on all the sites...
John B.
I'd rather be camping.
jhb
Gold Donating Member

Postby Ken Fincher » Fri Jun 26, 2009 11:56 pm

:thumbsup: You Bet :thumbsup:

I will be there, Had a great time at the last one.

It's to bad it's still a few months away :(

We may just fill the place up, the next one sounds like it's going to be another great gathering with alot of great food & great people, But we all know this to be true when you get a group of Teardroppers together we always seem to have a great time.

So anyone out there that is even remotely thinking about attending this gathering you should join us all at the Glyph's .

That does include you to Steve of San Deigo it would'nt be the same with out you attending :cry:

HERE IS A LIST OF FOLKS ATTENDING
If you plan on attending & your name is not on the list or if your on the list & won't be able to make it, Please post & let us know & I'll update this list.

1. Doug Ca. TD
2. Me (Ken) NV. TD
3. Grant Ca. TD
4. Joanne NV. TD
5. Randy Id. TD
6. John B. Ca. The TD Shrimp Freezer
7. Jim B. Ut. TD
8. Sunny Ut. TD
9. Kay TD
10.Jerry & Donna OR. TD
11. Christina TD
12. Dan NV. w/o TD
13. Kevin Ca. TD
14. Kathleen & Dave NV. TD
15. George Ca. TD
16. Jerome Ca. TD
17. Debbie & Randy NV. TD (Thurs night only) :(

18. Chris Squire?? Ca. w/o TD :QM :QM
19. Dee & Fam. NV. w/o TD (In popup) 1rst timer
20. Carol NV. TD
21. Bruce La Pine Oregan. TD
22. Barb T. NV. TD

23. Linda & :oops: Gaston Oregon, 5th wheeler

19 Teardrops & 4 Without Teardrops
It looks like we're going to have a great time.

UPDATED LAST (Sept 14 = 10:05 PM)

Thanks to all.
Ken F.

Here's some pic's of the last gathering if some of you missed them.
Here's a link.
http://vegasteardrop.com/2009nvglyths.html
Last edited by Ken Fincher on Tue Sep 15, 2009 12:05 am, edited 14 times in total.
Thanks to the Highways & Byways & our National & State Parks,What a beautiful Country we live in.

( www.VegasTeardrop.com )
Ken Fincher
The 300 Club

Next

Return to South West