Teardrop and Vintage Tailer campout, Aug 20-22, 2010 So. Ca.

California, Nevada, Utah & Arizona includes Nor. Cal, So. Cal, and Arizona Tearjerkers Chapters

Teardrop and Vintage Tailer campout, Aug 20-22, 2010 So. Ca.

Postby ccorliss43 » Tue May 11, 2010 5:37 pm

First Annual Summer Event Mountain Get-Away Teardrop & Vintage Trailer Rally at Hurkey Creek Park, 56375 Highway 74, Mountain Center, CA 92561. Prepare your teardrops, vintage trailer, or what ever you want to bring and join us for some summer fun in the mountains on a warm sunny weekend in Southern California. There are hiking & biking trails and playgrounds for the kids, and just 7 miles from the quaint town of Idyllwild, and just 1 mile from the local general store. There will be a Pot Luck Dinner Saturday evening at 5:30. Camping fee is $16.00 per night, to be paid in advance with registration form. Water, rest rooms, and showers are available. No electric for the trailers. For a registration form, please e-mail Carrousel Corliss at [email protected] or call 951-929-2891. THIS EVENT IS SOLD OUT. YOU ARE WELCOME TO MAKE A RESERVATION DIRECTLY WITH THE PARK. www.riversidecountyparks.org.
Last edited by ccorliss43 on Wed Jul 28, 2010 1:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
ccorliss43

Postby Ron Dickey » Wed May 19, 2010 10:52 pm

We are planning to sign up. have not been that far south sence out trip to New Mexico in 2008. and I have not been to that area sence I was 9. I have seen some photo's of park and area looks fun.
http://www.riversidecountyparks.org/news/hurkey-creek/

like the idea flush toilets and showers kinda like stying at a KOA.

We are bringing our DO too :thumbsup:
Inside almost done--Trolly top has opening windows & roof.doors need assembling--pictured above waley windows..galley 1/3 done
Cross Bow in Build Journals....http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=54108
Ron Dickey
Silver Donating Member

The event takes place in August 20-22, 2010

Postby ccorliss43 » Thu May 20, 2010 12:53 am

I have never heard of the Dutch Oven Society. I am really starting to get into DO Cooking. We were in Pismo last weekend and that is all I did was DO recipes even my first breakfast. I wish I could be there in June since it is so close to home but we are already committed to go to wrightwood for a vintage and teardrop trailer gathering.

thanks for the link I will check out more DO society things.

oh and yes flush toilets are always better. it is very pretty up there. I look forward to meeting everyone who can make it. :D
ccorliss43

Postby Gage » Thu May 20, 2010 1:12 am

sdtripper2 wrote:What dates is the event to take place? :thinking:

Steve look up, at the title that is. ;)
Image Image Image
Remember 'Teardrop Time'.......Take your time, you don't have to have it finished NOW.
Gage
8000 Club
8000 Club

August 20-22, 2010

Postby ccorliss43 » Thu May 20, 2010 8:59 am

August 20-22, 2010 is the gathering. it is sure to be a blast. I am looking forward to the trip. it is so pretty up there.
ccorliss43

Postby Ron Dickey » Thu May 20, 2010 8:01 pm

Yahoo travel says this

Elevation: 4,400 Feet
Maximum RV Size: 40 Feet
Number of Sites: 100 Campsites
Reservation: No
Season: May - October
Directions
From Idyllwild, From Idyllwild take Highway 243 south and then take the left fork of Highway 74. Head towards Lake Hemet which is 8 miles from Idyllwild the campground is on the opposite side of highway 74 from Lake Hemet.
Location Information
Herkey Creek Campground is located in the open bottom land near Lake Hemet with steep and heavily forested ridges forming the sides of the surrounding valleys. Lake Hemet is stalked year round and provides both good fishing and boating. The North shore of Lake Hemet to the West of Highway 74 experienced a Forest Fire in the Summer of 1999 but the fire never reached the shoreline and caused little resource damage to area adjacent to the lake. Hurkey Creek is operated by the Regional Parks and Open Space District of Riverside County. The campsite offers 100 campsites, with restroom and shower facilities and can accommodate large RV's.
Inside almost done--Trolly top has opening windows & roof.doors need assembling--pictured above waley windows..galley 1/3 done
Ron Dickey
Silver Donating Member

Re: The event takes place in August 20-22, 2010

Postby Ron Dickey » Thu May 20, 2010 8:15 pm

ccorliss43 wrote:I have never heard of the Dutch Oven Society. I am really starting to get into DO Cooking. We were in Pismo last weekend and that is all I did was DO recipes even my first breakfast. I wish I could be there in June since it is so close to home but we are already committed to go to wrightwood for a vintage and teardrop trailer gathering.

thanks for the link I will check out more DO society things.

You said you are going to IRG. Dean is the King of DO. And you think that last show you went to is full of it, you ain't seen nothen yet.
I call him the Tin Man but his true identity is the Iron Man :lol: this will be Iron Man 3!!
It will be my first IRG also. I tried to go to 1 and 2 but it did not fit in my schedual.
We have mostly camped in the Box Kite up north and local gatherings, but Hurkey Creek will be our first gathering in Southern CA.
Ron Dickey
Silver Donating Member

DO cooking

Postby ccorliss43 » Thu May 20, 2010 8:32 pm

yes I admit I am still a newbie but we all start somewhere. I am actually really loving the DO cooking. I like to see how creative I can get. My favorite is pizza. I think DO pizza is better than home made pizza. I watched the IRG video from last time and it looked like a lot of fun.

I have fun at all the gatherings. Everyone is so nice and fun to be around. It is nice to be with friends.

Hurkey will be fun too!
ccorliss43

Postby Gage » Thu May 20, 2010 8:43 pm

I finally checked my calendar and it looks like we won't be making it this year. :( Tanya has a class reunion that same weekend. And I was looking forward to the gathering. So maybe next year. :thinking:
Image Image Image
Remember 'Teardrop Time'.......Take your time, you don't have to have it finished NOW.
Gage
8000 Club
8000 Club

Re: DO cooking

Postby Ron Dickey » Thu May 20, 2010 9:16 pm

ccorliss43 wrote:yes I admit I am still a newbie but we all start somewhere. I am actually really loving the DO cooking. I like to see how creative I can get. My favorite is pizza. I think DO pizza is better than home made pizza. I watched the IRG video from last time and it looked like a lot of fun.

I have fun at all the gatherings. Everyone is so nice and fun to be around. It is nice to be with friends.

Hurkey will be fun too!

We too are quite new at it. Lucia has a small one and she make deserts in it. they say it is best to have one for sweets and one for meat. There are several DO cook books out there and I'll bet you found the Cast Iron site on this forum by now. Those who are really into it have to use big trucks to carry them. A DO spead is very impressive. and when we have eatin at one we were never able to taste them all .... to filling.
You maybe starting your own local DO Society. There are chaperts.
By then I should be a pro with my Cast Iron Waffle maker.

Ron
Ron Dickey
Silver Donating Member

DO cooking

Postby ccorliss43 » Fri May 21, 2010 8:34 pm

I never heard the one about one for desserts and one for meat. it makes sense. although I have not had a trouble with anything tasting funny yet. I tried this killer chocolate cake recipe I found online and oh my goodness it is sinful with three types of chocolate.

At pismo I camped next to a teardropper that had a box oven that you put on the stove which I have never see before. it was pretty cool too. I think I am going to try that too. it is fun to try and get creative. of course I dont want to get so crazy that I need an extra vehicle to tow my DOs. Although there is nothing wrong with that but my hubbie is already telling me to stop packing so much just for a weekend anyways. I need another tow vehicle just for that. I cant help it you can never be too prepared. I think I do want to check out one of these DO societys and see what that is all about.

Gage that is too bad you cannot make it. You are always at the gatherings that I am at. Definitely next year and of course always at the next gathering.
ccorliss43

Mountain Center camp out Aug 20-22, 2010

Postby ccorliss43 » Fri Jun 04, 2010 10:16 am

this gathering is slowly growing. I hope more can join us. I am happy to see such interest. we are planning a nice group fire too. it is very pretty up there. spread the word and maybe this gathering will grow even more. :thumbsup:
ccorliss43

Re: Mountain Center camp out Aug 20-22, 2010

Postby martha24 » Fri Jun 04, 2010 2:07 pm

ccorliss43 wrote:this gathering is slowly growing. I hope more can join us. I am happy to see such interest. we are planning a nice group fire too. it is very pretty up there. spread the word and maybe this gathering will grow even more. :thumbsup:

Is the a particular date that one needs to sign up by?

We are interested but our life has been so crazy this year that I was waiting to sign up.
Martha ;)

martha24
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby ccorliss43 » Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:56 pm

Yes we have a deadline. it would be great to hear from anyone coming by August 13, 2010. I know there is always the last minute people due to life's circumstances so no worries I will not be upset. we have to give a final number to the park so advance notice would be great.
ccorliss43

Postby martha24 » Sat Jun 05, 2010 1:41 am

Before Aug 13 sounds very fair. :thumbsup:
By the end of July or maybe sooner I should know whats what.
Thanks!
Martha ;)

martha24
1000 Club
1000 Club

Next

Return to South West