Burningman 2011. Be there.

California, Nevada, Utah & Arizona includes Nor. Cal, So. Cal, and Arizona Tearjerkers Chapters

Burningman 2011. Be there.

Postby tupelosue » Wed Sep 01, 2010 8:09 am

Burningman 2010 has just begun and I am heading up there today with my teardrop. I will be camping with a friend who has a pop-uo, and some other soft sides.

Recently there has been talk of some Teardrop folks interested in going in 2011.

Consider going and being a part of Burndrop Court?? (perhaps near those folks on Burnstream Ct?)

They have a live web camera going now so you can check it out and start making your plans. The night shots are very cool to watch.

http://www.burningman.com/blackrockcity ... bcast.html

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
A truly happy person is one who can enjoy the scenery on a detour!

tupelosue
The 300 Club

Postby teardrop_focus » Wed Sep 01, 2010 9:03 am

Pretty dusty out there.

Have fun, though.

:campfire:

"There is something about these little trailers that brings out the best in people." - BigAl, Scotland, 2010

"Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Nature's peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into the trees...
The winds will blow their own freshness into you and the storms their energy, while cares will drop away like autumn leaves..." - John Muir, 1898

Chris Squier / teardrop_focus :-)~
teardrop_focus
Donating Member

Postby teardrop_focus » Wed Sep 01, 2010 9:05 am

I sit corrected. I've clicked your link and am watching a live feed of the immediate area. Looks clear and clean.

:thumbsup:

"There is something about these little trailers that brings out the best in people." - BigAl, Scotland, 2010

"Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Nature's peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into the trees...
The winds will blow their own freshness into you and the storms their energy, while cares will drop away like autumn leaves..." - John Muir, 1898

Chris Squier / teardrop_focus :-)~
teardrop_focus
Donating Member

Postby Larry C » Wed Sep 01, 2010 4:48 pm

I have always wanted to go to Burningmam. Maybe next year with my Tear! :D
"If its worth doing it's worth doing Light"

http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=35852
Larry C
500 Club

Postby High Desert » Wed Sep 01, 2010 5:29 pm

we're having nice weather in this region right now. But if tradition holds the winds will be along by the weekend. If it's not dusty now...it probably will be out there :lol:

be careful on the 2 lane going out there, couple of bad wrecks on that stretch earlier today.
Shaun

"it's not the years honey, it's the mileage"
High Desert
Platinum Donating Member

Postby Cliffmeister2000 » Fri Sep 03, 2010 2:43 pm

According to the webcam, it's zero visibility at the moment!
God Bless

Cliff

♥God. ♥People.
1 John 4:9-11

My Teardrop build pictures
Cliffmeister2000
Titanium Donating Member

Postby nevadatear » Fri Sep 03, 2010 3:15 pm

We are talking the Playa. Always at least one dust storm at "the man".
Debbie (with Randy looking over my shoulder)
Our build thread: http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?t=41295&highlight=monstero
2009 Homebuilt woody, Kenskill inspired 5 wide
ImageImage
nevadatear
Silver Donating Member

Postby NutmegJoe » Fri Sep 03, 2010 3:34 pm

I'll be there next year with my Teardrop...can't wait!!
Shelly
--------------
"Do what you like,
Like what you do"

NutmegJoe
Gold Donating Member

Postby Dean in Eureka, CA » Fri Sep 03, 2010 4:05 pm

If only it was foggy instead of dusty... :thinking:
Dean in Eureka, CA
The Fogcrawler

Postby TheresaD » Sun Sep 05, 2010 12:48 am

:applause: Wow that was pretty cool! I've been checking out the Burningman web cam from time to time to see what was going on and what it was all about. I just happened to check in at the right time tonight to watch the burn. I got onto the site just before the fireworks started. That was pretty wild. I can't imagine what it must be like actually being on the Playa in the midst of it all. That has got to be one of those experiences that you have to be there for to understand it.
All The Best,

Theresa D.
Tearjerkers Great North Woods Chapter Director
68 Sprite 400
47 KIT Companion
TheresaD
Silver Donating Member

Postby cuyeda » Sun Sep 05, 2010 9:41 am

Thanks for the link! Enjoy watching it a few different times day/night. Will have to see the actual burn archive footage. I have seen a few photos, but the live video is awesome. I would like to experience being there, at least once.
Why just dance, when you can Salsa!
Cliff & Vanessa
cuyeda
Platinum Donating Member

Re: Burningman 2011. Be there.

Postby cuyeda » Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:17 am

tupelosue wrote:Recently there has been talk of some Teardrop folks interested in going in 2011.

Consider going and being a part of Burndrop Court?? (perhaps near those folks on Burnstream Ct?)

Question, how does a group of friends TRY to end up in the same place at BM Burndrop Court? Are tickets sold for specific areas? Or is it organized kaos, first come, first gets a spot if there is room near your friends.

Is it like group camping... show up early get a good spot, show up late you are in the boonies!
Why just dance, when you can Salsa!
Cliff & Vanessa
cuyeda
Platinum Donating Member

Postby tupelosue » Mon Sep 06, 2010 12:03 am

Got home tonight from the Playa. About 9 hours for me, door to door, 320 miles. approx 2.5 hours just from camp to Hwy 447, only a few miles. This was during Exodus, with lots and lots of people leaving. It was handled quite well, with pulsing of groups of vehicles, so you didn't sit idling, but turned the engine off, got out and met some neighbors, shared leftover drinks and foods. I actually met a woman I'd known years ago!!

Glad to see folks were able to check out the website. The weather varied wildly, including a white out on friday night, out on the Playa, but not in the city. We were way out past the Man and the Temple, and wearing goggles and face masks we followed the music and found our way back to the city area. Most days were hot and sunny, with occasional dust flurries.

Saturday afternoon was windy with intermittent duststorms, but then fabulously clear in the pre-burn festivities. That didn't last, and it was blowing during the burn, which fortunately was coming at my back, and only added to the amazing sky with the fireworks and flames. It was a good burn, entertaining, and not too lengthy!!

Cliff, as far as how to camp with your friends...it varies. The tickets are not for any particular spots, rather on a first come, first serve basis, unless you are a theme camp with an assigned area. I'm going to look into that as a possibility. The alternative is whoever arrives first (the earlier the better) snags an area, marking out a certain amount of property with vehicles, cones, tape, etc. You then register at center camp, or post on the message board, and those arriving later can check in there to find your "address". My friends arrived tuesday, found people we knew from previous camps, and joined them. When I arrived Wednesday I found a posted message and went and found them, at 5:15 and G. This all makes sense when you see how the city is laid out. Check out aerial photos of the city to see the layout.

I did see a couple of teardrops there. One was a 1959 something or other and he was a mead maker, named Tom. He offered mead tastings. Also saw a little guy, but nobody around at the time. Saw lots and lots of TTT's. As one of my campmates noted, this festival has breathed life into many old trailers!! Saw Chris, who was on here a couple of years ago, as TechNomad I think. He'd had a T@b at the time, has upgraded to an Oliver, I think, sort of like a Casita. He said if we form a Teardrop group for Burningman he will know people to send our way. He is still full-time on the road, along with his partner, Cherie.

Shaun, I did see one former RV rolled over and completely destroyed on the side of the road today, not too far north of Wadsworth I think. Some people treated the road like a one-way highway, passing everything in sight! (in their defense, some vehicles really needed passing!)

I'll try to get some pics posted and will post a link here, but I'm pretty lazy that way.

Tickets go on sale in January, but can be bought up until the event, just more expensive. I paid $240 last year, and friends buying at the gate paid $360. Same price for 1 day or all 7.

Well, I hope to get the ball rolling and gather some teardrops for 2011, so keep it in mind for Aug 28-Sept 5, 2011. :woohoo:

tupelosue
The 300 Club

Postby Gage » Mon Sep 06, 2010 1:30 am

Glad to hear you had a good time Sue. :thumbsup: Seemed like every chance I got I was popping in and watching the happenings. Even got to see the burn. Sounds like we might of had a better view than you did with the cam up high like it was.
Image Image Image
Remember 'Teardrop Time'.......Take your time, you don't have to have it finished NOW.
Gage
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby tupelosue » Mon Sep 13, 2010 8:07 pm

NSFW!!

Here's a pretty good write up with some good photos from a 1st time Burner!

http://www.bestplacesin.com/burning-man ... he-desert/

Also can go to www.burningman.com and check the galleries for other great pics, etc.

tupelosue
The 300 Club

Next

Return to South West