It's just the best!!!

California, Nevada, Utah & Arizona includes Nor. Cal, So. Cal, and Arizona Tearjerkers Chapters

It's just the best!!!

Postby doug hodder » Sun Sep 19, 2010 4:23 pm

Penny/Rich, Will/Lori and I did a quick trip up the hill this weekend....and I just don't think it gets much better than this! Elevation was 7K, down in the 20's at night warm days, great lake for Kayaking and fishing...relatively level bike trails around the lake, mostly dirt, great 4 wheeling...and the best part...only 34 miles from home. West side of the Sierras backs up to the Desolation Wilderness area. NO bears! I'm going back! Doug

Last edited by doug hodder on Sun Sep 19, 2010 6:09 pm, edited 5 times in total.
doug hodder
*Snoop Dougie Doug

Postby Dean in Eureka, CA » Sun Sep 19, 2010 4:25 pm

That's beautiful!!! :thumbsup: :applause:
Dean in Eureka, CA
The Fogcrawler

Postby S. Heisley » Sun Sep 19, 2010 4:49 pm

Doug:

You don't say exactly where you went but I'm betting it is Wright's Lake. Am I correct?

Beautiful country...Been there in June with snow still on the ground. It is very easy to get lost in the Desolation Wilderness, even on a trail...Don't ask me how I know.... :oops:
S. Heisley
Super Lifetime Member

Postby caseydog » Sun Sep 19, 2010 5:43 pm

WOW! There is nothing near me like that. That is fantastic. :thumbsup:

CD

My build journal is HERE
caseydog
Platinum Donating Member

Postby Phooey » Sun Sep 19, 2010 6:22 pm

That looks absolutely wonderful. When we looked at Wrights Lake to take our teardrop there seemed to be a VERY limited number of sites available for "able-bodied" nontenters. Is this accurate or is it a "funky" website problem when reserving? :NC
Phooey
Teardrop Master

Postby oklahomajewel » Sun Sep 19, 2010 6:47 pm

Gorgeous !
Some things are way over my head !! ...but it keeps me looking UP!
oklahomajewel
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby doug hodder » Sun Sep 19, 2010 6:49 pm

Caryn...there are 48 RV sites and 20 tent locations. Restrooms are super clean and not that old! RV sites are in the "meadow loop", also some "walk in" sites in the RV loop. We got a 2 family site, put in 3 trailers and 3 vehicles and still had room. No camping right on the lake shore, but it's not a far walk or bike ride. Bugs are bad early in the year...and that means mid July since it didn't open till the 6th of July this year. We had a few mosquito's at sunset, but for the most part...no problems. The chipmunks however, must be thinking of a hard winter ahead as they were stripping fringe off Lori's rug for nest building. Doug
doug hodder
*Snoop Dougie Doug

Postby cherokeegeorge » Sun Sep 19, 2010 9:06 pm

Wow, spectacular place. now thats what camping is all about. Agreat location and good friends to camp with. :thumbsup:
George

For info on hitch covers
Teardrophitchcovers.com
cherokeegeorge
A Merkin Indian

Postby teardrop_focus » Sun Sep 19, 2010 10:02 pm

I like how clear the lake is... you can see bottom in two of those pics posted above... add pine trees and high altitude... ahhh... wonderful.

Looks like a great time! What'dya eat?

:campfire:

"There is something about these little trailers that brings out the best in people." - BigAl, Scotland, 2010

"Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Nature's peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into the trees...
The winds will blow their own freshness into you and the storms their energy, while cares will drop away like autumn leaves..." - John Muir, 1898

Chris Squier / teardrop_focus :-)~
teardrop_focus
Donating Member

Postby doug hodder » Sun Sep 19, 2010 10:55 pm

In addition to the regular waffles, scrambled eggs, cinnamon rolls, and pork products for breakfast...Lori's home made jam on english muffins, meatloaf, mashed potatoes with gravy, fresh beans, corn bread muffins, scratch built cheese cake for Rich's birthday, courtesy of Lori, and the campground hosts, Bill and Lyn brought over some still warm cookies from their oven....It helps when you know the hosts! It's all about networking!!!! I did up a spam, macaroni cheese thing as well. Oh....we also had some fiber as well! Had to! Doug
doug hodder
*Snoop Dougie Doug

Postby tupelosue » Sun Sep 19, 2010 11:06 pm

Wondered where you'd snuck off to this weekend!!

Looks like a beautiful lake! begging for a kayak I think...
A truly happy person is one who can enjoy the scenery on a detour!

tupelosue
The 300 Club

Postby teardrop_focus » Sun Sep 19, 2010 11:10 pm

In addition to the regular waffles, scrambled eggs, cinnamon rolls, and pork products for breakfast...Lori's home made jam on english muffins, meatloaf, mashed potatoes with gravy, fresh beans, corn bread muffins, scratch built cheese cake for Rich's birthday, courtesy of Lori, and the campground hosts, Bill and Lyn brought over some still warm cookies from their oven.... I did up a spam, macaroni cheese thing as well.

I had to ask... :cry: :lol:

Dayum! That sounds good...

:thumbsup:

"There is something about these little trailers that brings out the best in people." - BigAl, Scotland, 2010

"Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Nature's peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into the trees...
The winds will blow their own freshness into you and the storms their energy, while cares will drop away like autumn leaves..." - John Muir, 1898

teardrop_focus
Donating Member

Postby doug hodder » Sun Sep 19, 2010 11:16 pm

tupelosue wrote:Looks like a beautiful lake! begging for a kayak I think...

Sue....the hosts have a kayak I could borrow...I'd go with ya! It would be a hoot...as long as you brought along one of those wacky hats! You just gotta break out of the scooter crowd. Doug
doug hodder
*Snoop Dougie Doug

Postby teardrop_focus » Sun Sep 19, 2010 11:39 pm

Doug, I know you've built wooden watercraft... but have you seen Dyson's baidarkas? Skin boats? I'm sure you have...

Sue? Check this out!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/tellytom/4 ... 061975962/

teardrop_focus
Donating Member

Postby tupelosue » Mon Sep 20, 2010 12:32 am

doug hodder wrote:
tupelosue wrote:Looks like a beautiful lake! begging for a kayak I think...

Sue....the hosts have a kayak I could borrow...I'd go with ya! It would be a hoot...as long as you brought along one of those wacky hats! You just gotta break out of the scooter crowd. Doug

tempting, very tempting....
A truly happy person is one who can enjoy the scenery on a detour!

tupelosue
The 300 Club

Next

Return to South West