Spam Rehab Sept 24-26 Woods Valley Campground Spamboree

California, Nevada, Utah & Arizona includes Nor. Cal, So. Cal, and Arizona Tearjerkers Chapters

Spam Rehab Sept 24-26 Woods Valley Campground Spamboree

Postby Dave Nathanson » Tue Sep 21, 2010 10:20 am

A year ago at the last Spamboree 2009, it was SO FUN that a bunch of people registered for the same weekend a year later. Plenty of shade trees, a swimming pool, and lots of great features.

http://www.woodsvalley.com/
http://theshortshorttrailer.com/

Not every Teardrop rally is so special that there is a DVD made to commemorate it;

Hope to see you there this weekend Sept 24-26
Dave Nathanson
Donating Member

Postby emiller » Tue Sep 21, 2010 10:42 am

It was too hot for me last year so we decided not to come this year. But it is way hot here also. I need a cool down. Have fun. Too bad the Spamboree is no more because it was a great event.
emiller
Donating Member

Postby Gage » Tue Sep 21, 2010 1:46 pm

Nice vidio Dave. The weather man says it's only going to be in the mid 80's this next weekend. I'm looking forward to going. I guess most every one is going to Buellton and that's alright with me. They say they're going there to be cooler. It to is going to be in the mid 80's. :lol: See you guys at Woods Valley Dave. :thumbsup:
Image Image Image
Remember 'Teardrop Time'.......Take your time, you don't have to have it finished NOW.
Gage
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby Nick Taylor » Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:46 pm

I talked to the campground this afternoon and it appears that about half of the group that signed up has canceled on them with little notice. This has put a real hurt on their business. I know there is a competing event this same weekend but we really need to support campgrounds that support us. They had blocked out the whole campground for us based on our verbal commitments of last year.

If you're on the fence about going, come on down and camp! Even if you don't have an old trailer. The weather looks like it's going to be great. If you can't make it this weekend, please keep Woods Valley on your list of campgrounds to camp at.

If you are going this weekend, please make sure to give Sharon and the crew extra thanks for having us.

Nick.
Nick Taylor
The 300 Club

Postby emiller » Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:48 pm

I will still continue to use them when I go to cruise night in Escondido.
emiller
Donating Member

Postby teardrop_focus » Tue Sep 21, 2010 10:27 pm

Nick Taylor

I talked to the campground this afternoon and it appears that about half of the group that signed up has canceled on them with little notice. This has put a real hurt on their business. I know there is a competing event this same weekend but we really need to support campgrounds that support us. They had blocked out the whole campground for us based on our verbal commitments of last year.

I don't want to assume anything...

Nick, are you saying that Woods Valley has had cancellations? If so, I might have to drag my wagon trailer down there and camp!

:campfire:

"There is something about these little trailers that brings out the best in people." - BigAl, Scotland, 2010

"Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Nature's peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into the trees...
The winds will blow their own freshness into you and the storms their energy, while cares will drop away like autumn leaves..." - John Muir, 1898

Chris Squier / teardrop_focus :-)~
teardrop_focus
Donating Member

Postby cuyeda » Tue Sep 21, 2010 10:31 pm

teardrop_focus wrote:I might have to drag my wagon trailer down there and camp!

wagon trailer? We wanna see pics! Just kiddin'... :lol:
Why just dance, when you can Salsa!
Cliff & Vanessa
cuyeda
Platinum Donating Member

Postby Gage » Tue Sep 21, 2010 10:38 pm

I'm not Nick but I can answer your question. And the answer is YES so call down there and make a reservation. See you guys down there Chris. Oh the phone number you'll need to make those reservations is 760-749-2905. :thumbsup:

P.S. Don't know where Nick is camping, but most of us are up top by the pool.
Image Image Image
Remember 'Teardrop Time'.......Take your time, you don't have to have it finished NOW.
Gage
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby teardrop_focus » Tue Sep 21, 2010 10:52 pm

Thanks, Gage! :thumbsup:

I'm working 60-hour-weeks currently; it all depends on what time I can get out on Friday. Gotta be back home here by noon Sunday, so it'd be a Fri night thru Sat night stay w/ an early departure Sun morn...

wagon trailer? We wanna see pics!

Here you go, Cliff! :R

Whipped 'er up from scratch a couple of months ago... Gotta use a QuickShade 8 X 8 pop up as it's roof, though.

:lol:

"There is something about these little trailers that brings out the best in people." - BigAl, Scotland, 2010

"Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Nature's peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into the trees...
The winds will blow their own freshness into you and the storms their energy, while cares will drop away like autumn leaves..." - John Muir, 1898

teardrop_focus
Donating Member

Postby Nick Taylor » Wed Sep 22, 2010 1:05 am

I'll be down in the Goat Meadow again this year with Dave and Louise. Same place we were last year. I'll have the old Dodge wagon and the Ken-Skill.

There is lots of space available so come on down.
Nick Taylor
The 300 Club

Postby Dave Nathanson » Wed Sep 22, 2010 1:24 am

Looking forward to this weekend! Weather should be just perfect! Nice & Warm, but not too hot.

Just got some Tiki Torches!
Dave Nathanson
Donating Member

Postby cuyeda » Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:12 am

Quote Teardrop Focus: Here you go, Cliff!

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Why just dance, when you can Salsa!
Cliff & Vanessa
cuyeda
Platinum Donating Member

Postby teardrop_focus » Sun Sep 26, 2010 9:11 pm

Before I remembered that I was in the Buellton thread, I replied to part of Gage's post... and wanted to post it again, here, in Dave's Woods Valley Spamboree Rehab thread.

Great to meet all of you! :campfire:

Gage

Anyways our get together/gathering ended up to be a good old fashion weekend with friends without the 'Swap Meet' atmosphere. There were about 12 vintage travel trailers and teardrops there (pictures to come later). Oh and we had a impromptu pot luck with home made cherry pie and banana pudding for desert. :)

teardrop_focus

I had a great time at Valley Center! I took my little red half-teardrop, got there mid-afternoon Saturday, threw together some grub for the pot luck, met Dave and Louise! Nick, Damien, BillNut... saw Gage and Tanya again... I went back to my trailer at bedtime, dropped the EZUp down low and crawled into bed with a smile on my face. I had a wonderful time. Truly.

I'll post up some pics later!

teardrop_focus
Donating Member

Postby Nick Taylor » Sun Sep 26, 2010 9:38 pm

Great to meet you too Chris. It really was a fun back to basics campout. I also appreciate everyone's help in getting my wagon running again. Made it home with no problems.
Nick Taylor
The 300 Club

Spamboree~

Postby John Samarin » Fri Dec 17, 2010 3:42 pm

I think we, the teardroppers should keep the Spamboree going, Just Because!!
John Samarin
Teardrop Inspector

Return to South West