Photos: Buellton, CA Sept. 24-26 2010 Flying Flags RV Park

California, Nevada, Utah & Arizona includes Nor. Cal, So. Cal, and Arizona Tearjerkers Chapters

Photos: Buellton, CA Sept. 24-26 2010 Flying Flags RV Park

Postby cuyeda » Mon Sep 27, 2010 10:21 am

Had a great time at this rally! A place we will definitely look forward visiting again! With over 100 vintage trailers it was a very nice grouping of people and trailers. The RV park staff, campsites, facilities, dog park, kid park, pool, horse shoe pits, breakfast, barbecue were just a few amenities available.

With many excursions to choose from such as Solvang and Los Olivos, just to name two, were very close by (15min). We chose Los Olivos to visit the wine tasting, art, shops, and personaly enjoyed the beer/olive oil/balsamic vinegar tasting sessions.

The added plus... visiting the (not open to the public) Mendenhall's Gasoline and Petroliana Museum. From the RV park we walked across the street, and 1/2 block to the museum and gazed in amazement.

My photos here:
Click on the FORD sign photo album.

Also do visit their website to get on overall view and info. http://www.mendenhallmuseum.com The owner Mark Mendenhall was there greeting visitors to his home! Even started up a few cars.
A treat for me personally since I am currently working on a 65 Mustang 2+2.

Did I mention that the VW clubs had a rally of their own and many of the participants stayed at the same RV park this past weekend. I didn't shoot the cars, but was great to see their club rally. There was also a hot rod show somehere nearby, but couldn't be in three places at the same time!

My personal favorite trailer is this one:
The owner/friend, came from Texas to pick it up, dusted it out, and brought it the rally before taking it back to Texas to add it to the rest of his approx. 25 trailer collection. Oops, I apologize for drooling...

For all interested in light weight camping... 1936
Why just dance, when you can Salsa!
Cliff & Vanessa
cuyeda
Platinum Donating Member

Postby emiller » Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:42 am

Cool very interesting. Seams more like a show than a gathering. 8)
emiller
Donating Member

Postby Gage » Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:35 pm

emiller wrote:Cool very interesting. Seams more like a show than a gathering. 8)
Most likely a Show & Swap Meet. Not to many teardrops. :thinking:
Image Image Image
Remember 'Teardrop Time'.......Take your time, you don't have to have it finished NOW.
Gage
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby cuyeda » Tue Sep 28, 2010 2:25 pm

Just like any other rally, we all had fun. There are the usual people swappin' on their own tables. The usual pot luck, and a gift exchange. We received a ladies vintage hand mirror/brush, men's electric razor in really good shape (like new), vintage clothes iron. A decent exchange for the items I brought to give away.

I will say and will report to the organizers that they do a great job getting the word about the event to the public. In fact, to good a job that the surrounding community is drawn in for the open trailer session. Now I like sharing my hobby with others, but after being a slave to prepping a trailer to look nice and clean the last thing I need is to be a slave and tied to the trailer for public show and tell.

Usually my trailer is open for you all (people I know) to take a peek. It just becomes a big decision when the open public is climbing aboard your trailer when I leave it unattended. Perhaps I could just shut the door, lock it, and leave. We go camping to relax and see other sites.

Definitely will go back next year.
Cliff & Vanessa
cuyeda
Platinum Donating Member

Postby Gage » Tue Sep 28, 2010 6:49 pm

cuyeda wrote:Usually my trailer is open for you all (people I know) to take a peek. It just becomes a big decision when the open public is climbing aboard your trailer when I leave it unattended. Perhaps I could just shut the door, lock it, and leave. We go camping to relax and see other sites.

Yep, that's the way we do it. When Tanya and I are both out and about, the door is closed. I don't like people going into my trailer without one of us being there. I won't waste my time going to that one because I don't like Craig's attitude. Just another Dorsey. (just my opinion)
Image Image Image
Remember 'Teardrop Time'.......Take your time, you don't have to have it finished NOW.
Gage
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby cuyeda » Tue Sep 28, 2010 7:21 pm

Gage wrote:I won't waste my time going to that one because I don't like Craig's attitude. Just another Dorsey. (just my opinion)[/i][/b]

Hmmm, Ok I don't get the same impression in comparison to Dorsey. You should reconsider at least one time. The Mendenhall Museum is interesting to see at least once. It is not always open to the public, and there is a discount for the trailer rally participants. Unless you have already been there. :thumbsup:
Cliff & Vanessa
cuyeda
Platinum Donating Member

Postby cuyeda » Wed Sep 29, 2010 3:13 pm

Just in case people missed the photo link disguised in my first post.

Buellton Trailer Bash

http://www.salsaholics.com/trailer/gallery/v/Rallys/2010Buellton_CA/

Mendenhall's Museum

http://www.salsaholics.com/trailer/gallery/v/Rallys/2010Buellton_CA/mendenhall/
Cliff & Vanessa
cuyeda
Platinum Donating Member

Return to South West