Spamboree V - Aug. 20-22, 2004 - Oceanside, CA. UPDATED!!!

California, Nevada, Utah & Arizona includes Nor. Cal, So. Cal, and Arizona Tearjerkers Chapters

Spamboree V - Aug. 20-22, 2004 - Oceanside, CA. UPDATED!!!

Postby Nick Taylor » Tue Jun 29, 2004 1:36 pm

UPDATE!

Note new contact information and that this will be the last Spamboree.

Join the Fun! Spamboree V
Aug. 20-22, 2004 - Guajome County Park, Oceanside, CA

Loads of fun games, contests and great food. Get ready, The 5th (and last!), Old time, Funkified, Highway 1, Lots o' fun, end of summer what a bummer, Lite and Breezy, Really Cheesy, TEARDROP (and vintage camper, trailer) SPAMBOREE is here!!

Get all the details and a registration form by calling Damian at 909-790-1439 or e-mail at [email protected]
Nick Taylor
The 300 Club

SPAMBOREE - Who's going?

Postby Dave Nathanson » Thu Aug 19, 2004 4:45 am

Howdy!
Hey, Louise & I are going to the SPAMBOREE this weekend. Who else is going? I'm not sure if it's sold out yet or not, but I am sure it will be fun! Last year we made a cardboard trailer & took it. This year, we have a "real one". :) Here's my photos from last year.
http://td.roughwheelers.com/spamboree2003/index.html

So who's going this year?
Last edited by Dave Nathanson on Thu Sep 30, 2010 12:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dave Nathanson
Donating Member

Postby Nick Taylor » Thu Aug 19, 2004 9:54 am

I'm going! I've heard from a few others that are going as well.

I'm going to try and get there early on Friday so I can get a spot big enough for two trailers and a friend that is camping in a tent. I'll have my easyup and all the other crap I can stuff into the car and trailer so if someone wants to share a spot with us, let me know.

Nick.
Nick Taylor
The 300 Club

Postby firsttoy » Fri Aug 20, 2004 6:37 am

I plan on going to check things out. Do I need to register or anything? OK to show up and look around right?

I want a SPAM t-shirt! :lol:
firsttoy
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Dave Nathanson » Fri Aug 20, 2004 12:32 pm

If you have a teardrop, vintage or unique trailer, heck, come on down & spend the weekend! :-) If not, well, you're welcome anyway. People will be there starting on Friday (today), Saturday is a big day, and most people pack up on Sunday before lunch.

EVENT: Spamboree 2004, Teardrop, Vintage, & Unique Trailer Event
DATE: Friday-Sunday, August 20-22, 2004 Check in/out is 2pm.
FEE: $40 for camping, etc & totally worth it.
TIME: Day visitors 9:30AM-Sunset, parking is $2.00 per vehicle
LOCATION: Guajome Regional Park, 3000 Guajome Lake Road, Oceanside, CA 92057

DIRECTIONS & MAP to Guajome Regional Park.
http://MapsOnUs.switchboard.com/bin/map ... SendMail.m

PARKING: There's a small parking lot for day use by the guard booth, near where the teardrops are camped. If this is full there's a lot near the
entrance and you would need to walk up to the camping area. (See PARK INFO below for link to park map and other information.)

PARK INFO: http://www.sdcounty.ca.gov/parks/camping/guajome.html

WHAT TO EXPECT: Friendly people dressed Hawaiian style, having fun, walking from campsite to campsite to admire each other's homebuilt, unique or vintage teardrop trailers, some "extreme teardroppers", a nice campground setting that is easy to walk around. Spam recipe contest Sat afternoon. Prizes! Raffle!

WHAT TO BRING/WEAR: The theme is Hawaiian so wear your Hawaiian clothing, bring camera, sunscreen or sun protection (hat, umbrella, long sleeves), water, food/picnic (no food is available at the park, so bring what you need), chair, curiosity, smiles to share. POTLUCK dinner Sat afternoon! A-I main dish, J-R salad, S-Z dessert.

More Info: Damian & Sandra Rutherford 909-790-1439 or email: [email protected]

The T-Shirts were really great last year!
Dave Nathanson
Donating Member

Postby RC » Fri Aug 20, 2004 3:51 pm

Wow! Who would have thought. I used to live within a half a mile of there. I lived on Wohlford Street in Oceanside, very close to there.

I have moved inland now, with a lot less people around me!

Have fun this weekend!
It worked until I fixed it!!!
RC
Teardrop Master

Return to South West