Teardrop and Vintage Tailer campout, Aug 11-14, 2011 So. Ca.

California, Nevada, Utah & Arizona includes Nor. Cal, So. Cal, and Arizona Tearjerkers Chapters

Teardrop and Vintage Tailer campout, Aug 11-14, 2011 So. Ca.

Postby ccorliss43 » Tue Feb 22, 2011 1:32 pm

Second Annual Summer Event Mountain Get-Away Teardrop & Vintage Trailer Rally at Hurkey Creek Park, 56375 Highway 74, Mountain Center, CA 92561. Prepare your teardrops, vintage trailer, or what ever you want to bring and join us for some summer fun in the mountains on a warm sunny weekend in Southern California. There are hiking & biking trails and playgrounds for the kids, and just 7 miles from the quaint town of Idyllwild, and just 1 mile from the local general store. There will be a Pot Luck Dinner Saturday evening at 5:30. Camping fee is $16.00 per night, to be paid in advance with registration form. Water, rest rooms, and showers are available. No electric for the trailers. For a registration form, please e-mail Carrousel Corliss at [email protected] or call 951-929-2891. See below for link to registration form:

http://teardroptime.weebly.com/registra ... creek.html

8/7/11 UPDATE: THERE IS STILL PLENTY OF ROOM IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO JOIN US. Please do not mail in registration form, send me an email letting me know you wish to attend and bring form/money with you and check in with me, thank you.

Dear TD and VT campers,

Here are your campground reminders:

Exciting news for those coming on Thursday, Early Arrivals will be allowed! We have Group B and C.

Pets are welcome but of course standard park rules apply. The park ranger will collect the pet fee when you arrive. I believe it is $2 a pet.

Showers are coin operated. 50 cents for 3 minutes.

There are fire rings and tables scattered throughout the group sites but not enough for everyone to have their own.

Dry camping but the park does have generator hours until 10pm.

There are water spickets scattered throughout the group sites but are not threaded.

The group fire will be going every night as weather permits. As you know in California that can change at any time.

Don’t forget to check in with us at Group B in the same spot as last year, near the group fire ring.

Potluck on Saturday at 5:30pm.

If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact me. See you all soon!

Carrousel and Ray
Last edited by ccorliss43 on Sun Aug 07, 2011 4:45 pm, edited 5 times in total.
ccorliss43

Postby mrsanderson » Sat Feb 26, 2011 3:47 pm

since this is NOT the weekend immediately before the start of school, I am putting this on my calendar! Wanted to attend last year but just can't camp and then open my classroom the next day :?

Looking forward to seeing everyone in Perris!!
5 out of 4 people have a problem with statistics
mrsanderson
Teardrop Advisor

yes exactly

Postby ccorliss43 » Sat Feb 26, 2011 5:39 pm

that is the main reason for moving it up in the month. we had the same thing with school starting the next day. look forward to seeing everyone again. yes perris is almost here.

carrousel
ccorliss43

Postby canned o minimum » Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:24 pm

LOVE,LOVE,LOVE the Hurkey Creek gathering !! Hopin to spend MORE nites at this years gathering....

Jus gotta figure out what "theme" to do this year ..HMMM !

I'm always improving each theme, so even if it the same theme..it's different...

Jus a couple a days till lake Perris !! Woo Hoo !!
canned o minimum
1000 Club
1000 Club

awesome

Postby ccorliss43 » Thu Mar 24, 2011 1:57 pm

we had a great time too. it was such a great turn out, 36 trailers. hoping to get more folks to join us. looking forward to the event too. this year we have two group campsites.

see you at perris.

carrousel
ccorliss43

Postby twick » Fri May 13, 2011 3:08 pm

Carousel, When I see you at pismo , I will have my registration and a check for you for hurkey rally. Tim
twick
Donating Member

thanks see you there

Postby ccorliss43 » Mon May 16, 2011 11:32 am

awesome tim! we have a good count so far. everyone so far is very excited for the repeat gathering. we are looking forward to seeing everyone again.

carrousel
ccorliss43

Postby emiller » Tue May 17, 2011 6:53 am

Might try to make it with my bread loaf.
emiller
Donating Member

awesome!

Postby ccorliss43 » Tue May 17, 2011 9:31 am

hope you can make it. we had a blast last year and the more the merrier.

carrousel
ccorliss43

the number of trailers is going up

Postby ccorliss43 » Thu Jun 09, 2011 5:45 am

we are having quite the turnout. i hope as many as possible can make it. we had such a wonderful time last year and this year should be great too. one more month! there is still room for more trailers.

carrousel
ccorliss43

Postby daveleb55 » Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:27 pm

We plan on coming to the event. We are leaving NV on Aug 5. Can you suggest a campground or two for us to visit before the gathering. I have check with all the beach front and there are no open spots.

Thanks
Kathleen
"Get off the #@$% computer and GO CAMPING!"
daveleb55
Teardrop Master

camp sites

Postby ccorliss43 » Thu Jul 07, 2011 10:28 am

There is a place next to the bay called campland by the bay (mission beach) last I heard $ 45.00 a night The other is san onofre but you have to drop down a hill to gain access at least 150 yards away.

i am not sure of anything else for campsites around the beach. as for other campgrounds i am not familiar with too many between here and where you are coming from.

good luck and hope to see you are Hurkey!

carrousel
ccorliss43

Postby emiller » Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:01 pm

Just camped at Camp Land on The Bay, love the place especially if you have kids. If you want something cheaper check the county parks but usually the southern coast is hard to camp at, you need 6 months reservations most of the time.
emiller
Donating Member

Plenty of room

Postby ccorliss43 » Mon Jul 11, 2011 11:26 am

there is still plenty of room for anyone who would like to join us for the hurkey creek camp out. please see the original post for details on registering.

carrousel
ccorliss43

Postby Gage » Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:31 pm

Hello Carrousel, we won't be camping, I need elec. But we plan on coming up for the day and say hi to everyone. I think I'll be good with the elevation. :thinking:
Image Image Image
Remember 'Teardrop Time'.......Take your time, you don't have to have it finished NOW.
Gage
8000 Club
8000 Club

Next

Return to South West